Author Topic: Icebreaker Discussion  (Read 11947 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Icebreaker Discussion
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »
We held a brief icebreaker meeting in teamspeak to just get ideas rolling. Here's what we went over. Please post your opinions on these ideas:

Hold outlands while we rebuild our playerbase in the city.

Hold off on overwatch for now, there's not much of a need for them in the city as of now. We will have an advanced combat division of the CCA to cover in the mean time.

Hold off on vortigaunts until outlands returns.

Get the Civil Workers Union and Civil Administrators more involved with eachother.

Reduce the CCA medical division to combat medics. This means there will be no surgeries for OP augments.  There will also be no R&D.

CWU will have a healthcare section for citizens who are ill or need emergency medical assistance.

CCA recruits will have less leniency on their performance and will have a higher chance at getting booted for inability to improve.

There will be no IC Interview for recruits. Instead, they will be judged on their performance through training and orientation. Hence less leniancy.

CCA Training will consist of in-game practical training and theory training will be based on forums and guidelines for the player to read.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Icebreaker Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
CCA recruits will have less leniency on their performance and will have a higher chance at getting booted for inability to improve.

There will be no IC Interview for recruits. Instead, they will be judged on their performance through training and orientation. Hence less leniancy.

as long as this is based on both ic unit behavior (which most ppl dont rp anyway) and ooc attitude

also need less focus on cca because when you get cca like 80% of cca players never went on a citizen and that is bad

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:49:50 PM »
Yeah id like to see more then just cca stuff. Like I said with the cwu, we will give them medical control for citizens. But I'd like to see more then just that.

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:27:39 AM »

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:40:57 AM »

Sooooo, you mean like a CCA boot camp kind of idea? X amount of 'potential recruits' go in for evaluation/basic basic training and only the ones deemed fit make it in?

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 12:42:37 AM »
~tnb hell week~

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 03:37:52 AM »

There will also be no R&D.
why
I dunno. Someone said no R&D and nobody opposed it. Im just going with the flow here but personally, I'd like to see it back too. In the older days of R&D when I was in it. You know, making various drugs to torture people during interrogation or developing smaller AED's for each unit to carry.

Sooooo, you mean like a CCA boot camp kind of idea? X amount of 'potential recruits' go in for evaluation/basic basic training and only the ones deemed fit make it in?
Sort of. Its more like "ok we could ask you questions but, we'd rather you just show us what you can do and that you can learn well" in a one-on-one setting with whoever you're paired with for the day. We were thinking maybe 03+ to be pairs. Lets face it, if you reach 03, you're  dedicated to the CCA (in theory if people rank properly) and wont allow nimrods to pass.

Its a basic idea and needs work. Maybe after a couple weeks, one of the recruiting units (uniform if the name stays the same) will evaluate you and what you've learned. If you pass, you're 05. If you fail, you're brainwashed and sent back to the citizen world.

~tnb hell week~
Good times. But I dont think we have a big enough playerbase for that sort of thing, yet.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 05:37:41 AM »
Hold outlands while we rebuild our playerbase in the city.

outlands is definitely not needed at the start

Hold off on overwatch for now, there's not much of a need for them in the city as of now. We will have an advanced combat division of the CCA to cover in the mean time.

dont need OTA at the start but we dont need some sort of "advanced combat" division which really just sounds like OTA but as a CCA division, so no to that too

Hold off on vortigaunts until outlands returns.

holding off on vortigaunts maybe but for conscripts i wouldnt mind seeing a couple for passiverp

Get the Civil Workers Union and Civil Administrators more involved with eachother.

sure

Reduce the CCA medical division to combat medics. This means there will be no surgeries for OP augments.  There will also be no R&D.

augments could still be done in stasis but would only be done for situations like loss of limb and they would still be of the same strength etc as your human limb. R&D could be done in another city ICly that is more dedicated to that specific purpose

CWU will have a healthcare section for citizens who are ill or need emergency medical assistance.

yes

yes but this all depends on the person who runs the recruitment division too

i dont see why we cant do IC interviews because its also something we can take into account about their roleplaying abilities

CCA Training will consist of in-game practical training and theory training will be based on forums and guidelines for the player to read.

wasnt cca training like that anyway

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 05:43:17 AM »

Nowhere near. It was mostly just theory training done on the server, which was extremely boring.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 05:48:34 AM »

Nowhere near. It was mostly just theory training done on the server, which was extremely boring.

oh i remember doing a lot of practical shit when i was UNIFORM DvL but i just assumed other divisions did it practical too

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
augs were dumb and op most of the time. i agree with abbott though, if you loose a limb, then you can only get a cybernetic(or whatever its called) limb that is equal in strength to a human one. keep r and d but make it so its more geared towards like...i dunno...perhaps more passiverp like things instead of making augs and whatnot. oh and grid needs to be redone too, because if i recall correctly some unit had infrared vision or something which was really dumb. if a citizen tried to do that they'd be bombarded with "WHERES UR AUTH APP @ NEWB" and "FUK U FAILRP", I guarantee it. but aside from that in the op everything looks good to me.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »
mfw Matt whipped mini-gyro copter thing that was never once heard of before then to be conveniently used for roof top searches because 100% sure of anti-citizen hiding on roofs versus the thousands of other hiding places in the city. GG Grid. GG R&D.

>I'll never forget...

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »
mfw Matt whipped mini-gyro copter thing that was never once heard of before then to be conveniently used for roof top searches because 100% sure of anti-citizen hiding on roofs versus the thousands of other hiding places in the city. GG Grid. GG R&D.

r/d is fine 99% of the time but:

2.  Remove R&D.  The CCA is already OP enough, they don't need to get more OP.

the main issue was certain elitist english admins with names that start with M using it as a BS top secret place to pull amazing goodies out of his or her anus

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 06:13:20 PM »
Also, another thing that will probably help a lot in retaining popularity? A significant lack of utterly 100% pointless reforms. Please learn from history.

>I'll never forget...

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
Also, another thing that will probably help a lot in retaining popularity? A significant lack of utterly 100% pointless reforms. Please learn from history.

omg this

People have to chill out with the reforms. They do absolutely nothing at all. It only pissed people off, nothing more.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal