Author Topic: Icebreaker Discussion  (Read 11950 times)

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Icebreaker Discussion
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »
as an older and longer term hc member of uniform i say that everyone i spoke to disliked your methods in that division

i still think interviews should exist but they shouldnt be about beating units up before they're even units

Criticism accepted.

You know what I meant though, I didn't stand there beating the crap out of them, at most it was normally a tough grip or a counter, usually my Idea consisted of "hit me, citizen". Let them see if they would throw a punch and judge their response off of mine, which was an attempt at a counter. Gave a quick and easy Idea of how good they were at P2L and the whole immersive RP.

My point being, it shouldn't be constantly scripted because it basically becomes an extension of the long winded and somewhat dreary application which can be continuously bullshitted through and through again. The somewhat variety and a little more immersion rather than a few solid questions allows the interviewer to gauge accurately, or at least to the best of the situation's knowledge, a simple idea of their RP abilities, which is a solid factor in the CP application process.

If the units succeeded they were treated well upon initiation. I must admit, however, I was brutal after that, and there's no excuses for some of the stuff I did, I was an immature brat and I accept that. But my points, in my opinion, are still somewhat valid.

Edit and side note: I did also try to run through a lot of applications per day. I was a cock and like I said, I do accept that, but my intentions were and still would be to teach the would-be future units not only correct methods in the CCA but try and improve their RP skills. I mean no hard feelings to the people whom I irritated and upset.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:07:21 PM by Kiwiee »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 01:08:07 PM »
i always judged their rp in training rather than the interview, if anything i just used interviews to get people into showing them around the nexus and seeing if they could at least actually rp at all, more specific stuff was always judged in training 4 me

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:15 PM »
like I said, it was intended as a brief overview, of course I watched them in training, that's what training is for, and I showed them around ICly in interview if they succeeded. I just felt like it was a good time to get a brief idea of their skills.
If they did almost literally no RP and did not follow the ideas set out in the RP then it was a good chance for me to pick them out before they became a bad seed. If they did even a little minimal RP then it was a good sign, and there was obvious intent and a desire to not only become a CP but to learn some more RP within aspects of training if necessary. The best trainings for this were undoubtedly stuff such as hand to hand where the play to lose and anti-powergaming situations were drilled in OC.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2014, 01:17:29 PM »
I'd like to see IC interviews as well. However in the meeting, it was brought up that you can actually judge a players ability to roleplay MORE through practical evaluation then an IC interview, hence why that went in there.

As for the medical division, you do bring up a very good point. If a unit requires more then just field care, or even intensive care, would the CCA really want to send them to the CWU hospital? Cause there's nowhere else for them to go.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2014, 02:39:44 PM »
I dont see why the medical division should be reduced to something simple just because you don't want them to all be neurosurgeons

They can still get trained in all the basic medical stuff and such.. just, as with R&D, don't let them do retarded stuff. Put a limitation, punish people who break those limits and boom, no issues with overpowered augment surgery or whatever. I think it's a bad idea to just have them as "only" field medics. The medical division should cover everything medical for the CCA.. the CWU would deal with citizens, mainly.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »
I dont see why the medical division should be reduced to something simple just because you don't want them to all be neurosurgeons

They can still get trained in all the basic medical stuff and such.. just, as with R&D, don't let them do retarded stuff. Put a limitation, punish people who break those limits and boom, no issues with overpowered augment surgery or whatever. I think it's a bad idea to just have them as "only" field medics. The medical division should cover everything medical for the CCA.. the CWU would deal with citizens, mainly.
You supported the reduction in the meeting didnt you? I didn't support it but a lot of other people did so I agreed. Here's the only changes for the medical division that I personally would have liked to see:

• R&D Downsized to max 4 units and restrictions as stated somewhere on the forums
  • Augmentations changed so they're only to replace limbs with equal or less strength then a real limb, no more OP crap like thermal eyes
  • Have some sort of contact with CWU Hospital for citizen emergencies

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 05:27:18 PM »

You supported the reduction in the meeting didnt you? I didn't support it but a lot of other people did so I agreed. Here's the only changes for the medical division that I personally would have liked to see:

• R&D Downsized to max 4 units and restrictions as stated somewhere on the forums
  • Augmentations changed so they're only to replace limbs with equal or less strength then a real limb, no more OP crap like thermal eyes

Support +
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »

I don't think I even voiced my opinion on that matter there.

I like what you put there, so support from me aswell.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2014, 07:14:27 PM »
I think the main issue with CitizenRP I had was that the city is bigger than the map, and there needs to be way more respect for that in terms of IC and OOC. Resistance figures aren't going to be hiding in P2, and CP's won't just be in P1 either. I remember getting a lot of shit for getting off my anti-citizen when the CCA came looking for me, but there really wasn't any other way to go to other locations in the city.

tl;dr there needs to be a way for RP to really take effect of the city's size and not just the map, because its dumb when i get caught on my rebel because i cant escape the tiny block that is p2

oh and here's my responses to the questions

Hold outlands while we rebuild our playerbase in the city.
-sure I can deal with this

Hold off on overwatch for now, there's not much of a need for them in the city as of now. We will have an advanced combat division of the CCA to cover in the mean time.
-there werent even really used that much in the city anyways lol

Hold off on vortigaunts until outlands returns.
-sure I can deal with this

Get the Civil Workers Union and Civil Administrators more involved with eachother.
-god yes make them both more connected

Reduce the CCA medical division to combat medics. This means there will be no surgeries for OP augments.  There will also be no R&D.
-eh, dont agree with this fully. I think there should still be doctor units, but dont have them doing 1337 augments and crazy stuff

CWU will have a healthcare section for citizens who are ill or need emergency medical assistance.
-yes please

CCA recruits will have less leniency on their performance and will have a higher chance at getting booted for inability to improve.

There will be no IC Interview for recruits. Instead, they will be judged on their performance through training and orientation. Hence less leniancy.
-no please keep this, I think its a good way of getting a feel for their RP initially, and just seems like a logical thing to do IRL anyways

CCA Training will consist of in-game practical training and theory training will be based on forums and guidelines for the player to read.
-yes please, maybe just make review on the theory training and such though
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:23:20 PM by Lone Wanderer »

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2014, 07:28:37 PM »
Get the Civil Workers Union and Civil Administrators more involved with eachother.
-god yes make them both more connected

can we please stop stripping citizens of every piece of clothing then double checking their ass for a weapon every time they enter the nexus why wouldnt the nexus have metal detectors anyway gee

CCA Training will consist of in-game practical training and theory training will be based on forums and guidelines for the player to read.
-yes please, maybe just make review on the theory training and such though

i agree, i get why we don't want "WHAT IS THIS RADIO CODE" training but it needs to be learned so a quick test before they're accepted as 05/04 should be required (or at least left to whoever runs uniform)

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2014, 03:11:26 PM »
I reckon reducing the CCA medical division is a good shout, because what was happening before is people were joining the NOVA division but weren't really assed about the RP that came with it, especially when it came to training.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal