Author Topic: Icebreaker Discussion  (Read 12038 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Icebreaker Discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 06:45:05 PM »
So how about this? R&d will be back with the medical division.  However the things they develop must be medical or biological related. On top of that, grid and  r&d will be required to create an auth app after development and post how they created it.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 06:50:10 PM »
So how about this? R&d will be back with the medical division.  However the things they develop must be medical or biological related. On top of that, grid and  r&d will be required to create an auth app after development and post how they created it.
Research ought to be in the hands of the CWU. The CCA is a constabulary organization that only has a medical division - first and foremost - because of the need for armed field medics within the CCA. Perhaps, the higher ranking CCA medics could liaison with the CWU for research and development, but it is ultimately something that ought to be left to them, or perhaps even a new civilian organization. It truly does not fall within the purview of the CCA, and as such it will always mean that the CCA will be a far too wide-reaching organization. It's primary goal should be policing and intelligence - anything beyond that should only be things that assist in doing these.
Live free or die

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 07:13:37 PM »

restricting one division but not the other is silly

they should either both need an auth app or just let them be but watch them ooc so they're not researching laser eyes

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »
i think if r&d is present then they should only maintain repairs and minor improvements and things like that - they are a squad within a single city and not some all mega important UU organisation that creates black matter technology

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 07:38:24 PM »
i think if r&d is present then they should only maintain repairs and minor improvements and things like that - they are a squad within a single city and not some all mega important UU organisation that creates black matter technology

raged u can b rly dumb but also correct many times i am very conflicted :^(

this is tru tho ^^^^^^^
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:04:59 PM by smt »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 10:03:30 PM »
This is why I want to see Gear/Grid/Whateveeyoucallit back to the GOOD old days how it was when I joined it as 04 and eventually leaded it as DvL. Where shit like "r&d" was actually just assembling weapons and experiment them. Useless projects purely for the sake of RP. Not for the sake of letting your ego and elitism go at work.
Augments are retarded.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 11:32:29 PM »

restricting one division but not the other is silly

they should either both need an auth app or just let them be but watch them ooc so they're not researching laser eyes
Thats what I just said. I said grid AND r&d should require auths for anything they develop.

Also, I created R&D back with 399 on city8 as a NOVA subdivision which was intended to do medical and biological research and development while grid did the mechanical and technical stuff. I dont know what happened after I left it but it sounds like whoever took over completely fucked it up.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 01:20:01 PM »
This is why I want to see Gear/Grid/Whateveeyoucallit back to the GOOD old days how it was when I joined it as 04 and eventually leaded it as DvL. Where shit like "r&d" was actually just assembling weapons and experiment them. Useless projects purely for the sake of RP. Not for the sake of letting your ego and elitism go at work.
Augments are retarded.

While I'm fairly sure that is nostalgia talking, that does sound pretty nice. I think if you do have R&D again, make their experiments just that; experiments. A majority of their projects should not be allowed for use or circulations unless they can actually provide CONSTRUCTIVE roleplay, not destructive. Little things like drugs or AEDS or even uniform/suit modifications or weapon modifications are fine, but when you're talking fucking mech suits and gyro-copters, then you need to chill the fuck out.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »
Augments are retarded.

While I'm fairly sure that is nostalgia talking, that does sound pretty nice. I think if you do have R&D again, make their experiments just that; experiments. A majority of their projects should not be allowed for use or circulations unless they can actually provide CONSTRUCTIVE roleplay, not destructive. Little things like drugs or AEDS or even uniform/suit modifications or weapon modifications are fine, but when you're talking fucking mech suits and gyro-copters, then you need to chill the fuck out.

"even uniform/suit modifications or weapon modifications are fine"

aug·ment

verb
ôg?ment/

"make (something) greater by adding to it; increase."

That is an augment, something pretty much everyone in this thread is against.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 02:45:44 PM »
Is anyone here thinking of a reset at all? I'm not sure if they saved our characters from the past or not, but does anyone want to reset and start fresh? Or do yall just want your characters back?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »
Is anyone here thinking of a reset at all? I'm not sure if they saved our characters from the past or not, but does anyone want to reset and start fresh? Or do yall just want your characters back?
Its going to be reset for many reasons. And I'm fairly certain waffle wants it reset anyway..

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 02:54:48 PM »

Well it is going to be a reset, 100%. Although I suppose things like backstories of some sorts could still stick to your characters, if you so wanted to and are making the same character again

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »

Well it is going to be a reset, 100%. Although I suppose things like backstories of some sorts could still stick to your characters, if you so wanted to and are making the same character again
Yeah. If you want, you can use old character backstories but I advise against it. A new character is always better then trying to restart an old one.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Its going to be reset for many reasons. And I'm fairly certain waffle wants it reset anyway..
Okay,well with that said... How is the city going to be run w/o UU factions... If no one has their characters, then no one will be Units/City Admins/CWU etc

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 03:32:49 PM »
Augments are retarded.

"even uniform/suit modifications or weapon modifications are fine"

aug·ment

verb
ôg?ment/

"make (something) greater by adding to it; increase."

That is an augment, something pretty much everyone in this thread is against.

unless they can actually provide CONSTRUCTIVE roleplay, not destructive.

The augments in question are the ones done to the body which give the units super powers. Putting laser sights or a bayonet on a weapon, adding an automated distress beckon or night vision in the suit does not destroy roleplay at all. While it is under the direct definition of augmentation, if you can't improve anything because they are already OP, then for that matter just give the CCA paper knives and rubber band guns and call it a day.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal