Black Mesa RP
13 (6.7%)
Aperture Labs RP
9 (4.6%)
Some sort of medieval RP
16 (8.2%)
Metro 2033
22 (11.3%)
Panem RP (Based on The Hunger Games universe)
3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading  (Read 42688 times)

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
Just because you have a poll set up doesn't make the entire process democratic.  People have the right to be informed and discuss what they plan to vote for.
i understand and the OP explains each gamemode, they're just shitting up the thread going against what they don't want

this isn't politics, you shouldn't be shitting on the other gamemodes, but instead promoting your own

You have to understand that for some people the future of our serious RP server is very important.  This is something that we are going to be devoting hours, days, even weeks setting up; no one wants all that hard work to go down the drain as it has the last few times.  We need to choose a unique and fun universe and the choice needs to be very careful.

That is why debate is so important.  If you didn't want people stating their opinions, then you should have locked the thread on the first post.  Then again, if you DID go through and do that, I'm sure that Adam's argument that you and everyone else involved in the project is part of an elitist cabal would have gained some validity.

In short, grow a thicker skin and let people state their opinions.  If you are as dedicated to seeing serious RP live again here in CG as you say you are, then you should be willing to deal with the relatively small amount of criticism you're receiving.
i wouldn't care if they were posting constructive criticism, but saying "i don't like this" is pointless, that's what the voting is for in the first place

if they said something like "i don't think prisonrp is the best path to go down because it would get boring very quickly" it would be fine

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 02:54:06 PM »
he never said "this is dumb" to any of those 2 gamemodes just then lol

This is exactly my point.  Not once in this thread have I seen people give baseless arguments along the lines of "X sucks, vote Y".  At the very least, I've seen "X sucks because blah" and that's a perfectly acceptable response.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2014, 03:00:25 PM »
all i've seen them say is exactly what was stated in the OP

PrisonRP
Set in a prison, this would involve prisoners and guards roleplaying in a prison. This could turn out a lot like HL2RP, however as the guards could act a lot like Civil Protection and the prisoners would be not be given much freedom, either.
prisonrp is literally hl2rp but no citizens, only permanent detainment and it really wont last long when everyone gets bored to fuck of doing the exact same shit such as being in a cell, feeding, showering and exercise over and over and over and over again
Wait so basically its the HL2RP City server but without Resistance?

pretty much

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 05:20:40 PM »
The opinions of everyone in this thread are just that. Opinions. Example. Cow would like medieval rp cause it would probably run pretty well and be pretty damn dynamic in regards to what you can do and whatnot. It'd probably do well. However if I were to give my opinion, i'd say no medieval rp. Why? Cause I have no interest in it or anything fantasy related. But should it affect other peoples decisions? No. The OP should be a non-bias reference for people voting to help them make a decision and discussions furthering it should be talking about how gamemodes would work. Not why people shouldnt vote for them.

Offline FrenchGiraffe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 10:36:33 PM »
OP should consider taking the 2 most popular votes to make people happy. I personally like to rp were everything is not pre-set. I love starting with a blank slate and having more lore and story uncover. I also love rps that are lore rich. For instance, fallout. So much lore to consider there that you can use to help define your character.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 12:25:14 AM »
OP should consider taking the 2 most popular votes to make people happy. I personally like to rp were everything is not pre-set. I love starting with a blank slate and having more lore and story uncover. I also love rps that are lore rich. For instance, fallout. So much lore to consider there that you can use to help define your character.

The top 3 will go through another poll and the winner of that is what we are gunna do
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 01:36:44 AM »
I changed Ebola to 'Your Name Here' virus cause some people thought I was serious about ebola being the virus that wipes everyone out.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 07:30:17 AM »
Prison RP has highest votes? Kek.

I see everyone likes cell based passive RP for no reason.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 07:40:00 AM »
prison rp is pretty fun
 me and vegas did it on phase four with like 10 ppl back in the day
ese clique

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »
Prison RP has highest votes? Kek.

I see everyone likes cell based passive RP for no reason.
prison RP is super fun, bruh, don't knock it until you try it
think of all the shit prisoners do in prison
black market, etc. i mean sure if you're a bastard that cant be bothered to create rp you'll get nowhere cause you'll just be goody two-shoes and afk in ur cell, but if you actually enjoy rp it'll be fun

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »
Black mesa RP sounds like a blast.  I heavily played on a server before it shut down.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »
Black mesa RP sounds like a blast.  I heavily played on a server before it shut down.

Same, I think I saw you on a black mesa server. It was Aerolite Gaming I think.
I'd like to see a CG black Mesa RP

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »

Yep.  The concept was great but I didn't really like their execution of BMRP.  I think the dev team we have hear could make an EXCELLENT BMRP server.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »

Yep.  The concept was great but I didn't really like their execution of BMRP.  I think the dev team we have hear could make an EXCELLENT BMRP server.
I think it would be good but there has got be more to get people to RP. There could be events such as a resonance cascade or something. Sadly, I don't think it would get the votes.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2014, 06:03:31 PM »
I think it would be good but there has got be more to get people to RP. There could be events such as a resonance cascade or something. Sadly, I don't think it would get the votes.

Unless you want to rape canon, a resonance cascade would end up destroying the facility.  On top of that, you'd basically have a JW scenario where citizens/scientists cower in locked rooms while the CPs/security guards shoot at NPCs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal