Black Mesa RP
13 (6.7%)
Aperture Labs RP
9 (4.6%)
Some sort of medieval RP
16 (8.2%)
Metro 2033
22 (11.3%)
Panem RP (Based on The Hunger Games universe)
3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading  (Read 42899 times)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »
I think anything with a small download rp that requires teamwork would be cool

If you aren't prepared to download some content there isn't much you can do as you will be mostly using CS:S and HL2 props/materials/sounds. This severely limits what you can do in terms of canon, as custom objects would be difficult to create.
But to be fair there is a huge line between okay downloads and downloads that make people click cancel when joining.  Anything that takes over 120 seconds usually makes people quit.  Or anything over 100MB (Cause some people still got stoneage download speeds). 

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »

If you aren't prepared to download some content there isn't much you can do as you will be mostly using CS:S and HL2 props/materials/sounds. This severely limits what you can do in terms of canon, as custom objects would be difficult to create.
But to be fair there is a huge line between okay downloads and downloads that make people click cancel when joining.  Anything that takes over 120 seconds usually makes people quit.  Or anything over 100MB (Cause some people still got stoneage download speeds). 

I really don't know any server that I have joined that takes less then 120 seconds to join (The first time). I would say a time within limit would be 5-7 minutes before I would consider to hit the cancel button.
Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »

I really don't know any server that I have joined that takes less then 120 seconds to join (The first time). I would say a time within limit would be 5-7 minutes before I would consider to hit the cancel button.
Joining a New DarkDM/TTT/Whatever server usually takes me 2-3 minuets.  If it takes longer it's because they got too much junky stuff, a dumb car pack, player models (A huge pack), or a overall shitty Fast DL. 

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »
Please for the love of god make a fucking workshop for the server AND add a link under the downloads section on the forums for all the content

I swear to god I'll tear my eyes out with chopsticks and shove it up my ass if you guys use FastDL or any of that other shit

pls, pls do this
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline [ARK]Legion of Darkness

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 04:37:59 PM »
Call me stupid you you'd like, what's a canon?

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 04:39:57 PM »
basically its a backstory or whatever the game is based on

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »

Consider it an official lore.  Typically, canon serves as a guideline for RPs and fan fictions.  To say that an RP or fan fiction rapes canon would be to say that there is nothing in the lore that supports what you say.

An example would be like saying you're a relative of Gordon Freeman when no mention of his family is made in any of the games.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »

Consider it an official lore.  Typically, canon serves as a guideline for RPs and fan fictions.  To say that an RP or fan fiction rapes canon would be to say that there is nothing in the lore that supports what you say.

An example would be like saying you're a relative of Gordon Freeman when no mention of his family is made in any of the games.
Canon is also a brand of pretty decent printers.

Offline [ARK]Legion of Darkness

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »

Canon is also a brand of pretty decent printers.

I actually thought about the cameras lol

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 06:32:15 PM »
Haven't bothered to read if its been mentioned yet, but I'd come back here if CG did a Metro 2033 RP server. I also know of a few others who would want to come back for that.
this

(is not a one word post)
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 07:16:07 PM »
Metro2033 RP sounds great.  It wouldnt require a huge map but it would take someone to make us a map.  (I call dibs on D6)

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 07:34:02 PM »
Metro RP please. The one I used to play at with a few old CG fags (Jonco, Mooch, Slade, Airborne etc.) was amazing. The economy and tight knit feeling you get from the dwellers, rangers and stalkers just worked really well. One thing I would suggest 10 times over is to add hunger and thirst, because it was one of those rare occasions in which it actually helps.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 08:12:47 PM »
Edit: I got bullied into editing my post. I want Metro2033 RP.

Please don't hurt me...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:23:00 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 08:29:40 PM »
Metro2033 RP would be the best.

There's already a huge map with different places for factions. It's called rp_stantsiya_v1c.  It takes place in the underground trainstations.

Factions would include: Dwellers (AKA Citizens), Redline, Stalkers, Fourth Reich and Rangers.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 08:37:45 PM »
Haven't bothered to read if its been mentioned yet, but I'd come back here if CG did a Metro 2033 RP server. I also know of a few others who would want to come back for that.
this

(is not a one word post)
Metro2033 RP sounds great.  It wouldnt require a huge map but it would take someone to make us a map.  (I call dibs on D6)
Metro RP please. The one I used to play at with a few old CG fags (Jonco, Mooch, Slade, Airborne etc.) was amazing. The economy and tight knit feeling you get from the dwellers, rangers and stalkers just worked really well. One thing I would suggest 10 times over is to add hunger and thirst, because it was one of those rare occasions in which it actually helps.
Edit: I got bullied into editing my post. I want Metro2033 RP.

Please don't hurt me...
Metro2033 RP would be the best.

There's already a huge map with different places for factions. It's called rp_stantsiya_v1c.  It takes place in the underground trainstations.

Factions would include: Dwellers (AKA Citizens), Redline, Stalkers, Fourth Reich and Rangers.

it's kinda late to add it into this poll, but we could just add it into the final one

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal