Black Mesa RP
13 (6.7%)
Aperture Labs RP
9 (4.6%)
Some sort of medieval RP
16 (8.2%)
Metro 2033
22 (11.3%)
Panem RP (Based on The Hunger Games universe)
3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading  (Read 42876 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »
Option has been added. Feel free to change your vote as desired.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 11:43:46 PM »
It makes me wonder, if the Metro server you guys were talking about is so great, why are you here?

There is really only one logical explanation from the info posted: It closed down.

It will have the same fate here at CG.

Let's do something original, like MedevilRP or PrisonRP.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »
It makes me wonder, if the Metro server you guys were talking about is so great, why are you here?

There is really only one logical explanation from the info posted: It closed down.

MedevilRP is far from Original if you played gmod way back in the days.  If you want PrisonRP i suggest playing JailBreak.  it will basically be the same thing.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 12:42:39 AM »

MedevilRP is far from Original if you played gmod way back in the days.  If you want PrisonRP i suggest playing JailBreak.  it will basically be the same thing.
Can you stop arbitrarily opposing ideas with no arguments against them aside from "this is dumb" and actually be productive for once?

That would be great.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 01:48:30 AM »

Server died because dude ran off with donations and shut it down.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 07:34:10 AM »

Can you stop arbitrarily opposing ideas with no arguments against them aside from "this is dumb" and actually be productive for once?

That would be great.

he never said "this is dumb" to any of those 2 gamemodes just then lol

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2014, 07:37:07 AM »
what's the point in ww3p when there's already a huge community doing it

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »
prisonrp is literally hl2rp but no citizens, only permanent detainment and it really wont last long when everyone gets bored to fuck of doing the exact same shit such as being in a cell, feeding, showering and exercise over and over and over and over again

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2014, 12:24:47 PM »
prisonrp is literally hl2rp but no citizens, only permanent detainment and it really wont last long when everyone gets bored to fuck of doing the exact same shit such as being in a cell, feeding, showering and exercise over and over and over and over again
Wait so basically its the HL2RP City server but without Resistance?

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »

pretty much

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 02:04:18 PM »

its almost like we have a voting system up for a reason or something

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 02:11:32 PM »
Just because you have a poll set up doesn't make the entire process democratic.  People have the right to be informed and discuss what they plan to vote for.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
Just because you have a poll set up doesn't make the entire process democratic.  People have the right to be informed and discuss what they plan to vote for.
i understand and the OP explains each gamemode, they're just shitting up the thread going against what they don't want

this isn't politics, you shouldn't be shitting on the other gamemodes, but instead promoting your own

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2014, 02:25:46 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bloodofthehinterlandsofficial

That is the only other Medevil gamemode, I use to be an admin for this dudes server back when I first got my PC years ago.

I talked to him about it a few months back and he was having troubles finding a dev and whatnot but I guess that's solved.

It's also semi-serious if I remember correctly talking to him awhile back.

If CG puts their minds to it, we can easily do MedevilRP 10x better than he can considering how incompetent he is.

Although, PrisonerRP doesn't have to be like how Prisons are run IRL. It can be in a different universe where the rules are a little bit different. Has anyone heard of the Stanford Prisoner Experiment? They made a movie out of it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0997152/ . We don't have to follow real life, we can do what we want with it.

I think it would also be cool to have a metro server if done correctly.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2014, 02:42:34 PM »
i understand and the OP explains each gamemode, they're just shitting up the thread going against what they don't want

this isn't politics, you shouldn't be shitting on the other gamemodes, but instead promoting your own

You have to understand that for some people the future of our serious RP server is very important.  This is something that we are going to be devoting hours, days, even weeks setting up; no one wants all that hard work to go down the drain as it has the last few times.  We need to choose a unique and fun universe and the choice needs to be very careful.

That is why debate is so important.  If you didn't want people stating their opinions, then you should have locked the thread on the first post.  Then again, if you DID go through and do that, I'm sure that Adam's argument that you and everyone else involved in the project is part of an elitist cabal would have gained some validity.

In short, grow a thicker skin and let people state their opinions.  If you are as dedicated to seeing serious RP live again here in CG as you say you are, then you should be willing to deal with the relatively small amount of criticism you're receiving.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal