Black Mesa RP
13 (6.7%)
Aperture Labs RP
9 (4.6%)
Some sort of medieval RP
16 (8.2%)
Metro 2033
22 (11.3%)
Panem RP (Based on The Hunger Games universe)
3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading  (Read 42884 times)

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading
« on: November 08, 2014, 05:22:02 PM »
Edit: polling is now closed. We will create a new poll which will decide which server we will host shortly. The three options on the poll will be as follows: Metro 2033 RP, Prison RP and our own post-apocalyptic canon.

Our HL2RP server is dead. It just sits there not doing anything and nobody cares about it anymore. We feel it is time for us to hos a new serious RP server and we have taken some suggestions from a thread in the HL2RP board. I have compiled a list of all suggested themes and have prepared brief descriptions of them. The poll will be open for 7 days from when this is posted, so get voting.

Our own canon
We could create our own custom canon which can evolve to create a dynamic and interesting RP experience. Statua made a post about how this could work and can be viewed here.

The Walking Dead RP
Pretty self explanatory. It would be more focused around getting food and supplies than the threat of walkers but they could be used in some RP scenarios.

The Last of Us RP
Based off of the PlayStation game The Last of Us, this could be a very interesting RP that would be similar to TWD RP. One issue with this would be that not everyone has played the game or has access to it, so would rely on a wiki alone to learn about the universe.

SSTRP
Starship Troopers RP. This could be a very interesting sci-fi RP gamemode.

PrisonRP
Set in a prison, this would involve prisoners and guards roleplaying in a prison. This could turn out a lot like HL2RP, however as the guards could act a lot like Civil Protection and the prisoners would be not be given much freedom, either.

CityRP
A gamemode akin to Cider Two, this would be a very open type of RP which would be much like real life. It would involve a lot of passive RP, such as cooking and talking to people.

Fallout RP
A post-apocalyptic Clockwork schema set in the Fallout universe has been available for many years and didn't really catch on. Nobody really plays this much, but it could be a fun gamemode if we created our own custom gamemode or heavily modified an existing one.

HL2 Outlands
We used to host an outlands server along side our HL2RP city server. It is set in the HL2 universe but offers much more freedom than city RP.

World War 3 RP
A military style of RP could work very well and is not done much in Garry's Mod. It would require very active players and could offer an engaging and fun RP experience.

Epidemic RP
A zombie roleplay gamemode much like Severance from the days of OpenAura.

Black Mesa RP
Based in a Black Mesa lab before the events of HL1.

Aperture Labs RP
Based in Aperture Science before GLaDOS murdered everyone. I would imagine this would be much like Black Mesa RP.

Medieval RP
RP set in the middle ages. I have never seen this done in Garry's Mod before and could be very unique.

Please forgive me for my shitty descriptions
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:48:09 AM by Top Hatted Hitler »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »
For the preliminary poll, users should select all the options they like. Once voting is done, launch another poll where they select one of the top 3 to play. I've changed the poll accordingly.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »

fallout for west coast action none of that pansy dc shit

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:05:16 PM »
the funny part is the 'our own canon' option is pretty much hl2rp with a different skin

Offline Lambo

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »
I think there needs to be a good CityRP server. (Or a mod in the same style)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »
MedevilRP has been done before but it was really, really really really shitty and it was back on like GMOD 12. It was just a big mess. I think if CG did something with it and put it's time into it, it could be very unique.

The Walking Dead RP seems interesting and it would be cool to see it happen.

PrisonRP looks like it may be difficult to make happen but if done correctly, I truely do think that it will be the next big thing in Gmod.

WW3 also seems neat, I'm just not 100% sure on how long it would last so I'm so so on that.

If you couldn't tell, those are the ones I voted for. The other suggestions just didn't seem like that they would make it very far.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
The only thing i really don't like is WW3 RP because it's going to make us look dumb when WW3 actually happens and it is totally different.  (Just make it involving Russia and it should stay relevant).

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 10:58:56 PM »
The only thing i really don't like is WW3 RP because it's going to make us look dumb when WW3 actually happens and it is totally different.  (Just make it involving Russia and it should stay relevant).

There's 100 reasons to go to war with Russia but 1000 reasons not to, WW3 won't happen, and if it does, it'll be another Cold War, not actual fighting. I think CG can really do whatever it wants with WW3, we shouldn't be limited to just Russia.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 11:04:02 PM »
Why not do WW4? xD That way the chances of us actually seeing it are slim. And you can add a near future twist to it.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »
Here is an idea:

How about a new gamemode that has nothing to do with RP at all?

I know, crazy right?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »
Here is an idea:

I know, crazy right?
Sure but this thread is about a serious RP gamemode so take your ideas elsewhere. Idk bout you but i really miss some good ol serious RP that's not HL2 City.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 11:23:13 PM »
Here is an idea:

I know, crazy right?
Sure but this thread is about a serious RP gamemode so take your ideas elsewhere. Idk bout you but i really miss some good ol serious RP that's not HL2 City.
Serious Sandbox RP

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 11:33:03 PM »
Here is an idea:

I know, crazy right?
Serious Sandbox RP

* Tyrex spawns a normal dumpster, flipping it upside-down with his physics gun.  He soon lowers it down onto his victim, trapping them inside as he switches to his toolgun.  He then colors the dumpster invisible, taunting the trapped player as he types into chat, "le trolled XDDDD".

Offline Trustable Tyrone

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 12:27:02 AM »
I think anything with a small download rp that requires teamwork would be cool

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 02:47:41 PM »
I think anything with a small download rp that requires teamwork would be cool

If you aren't prepared to download some content there isn't much you can do as you will be mostly using CS:S and HL2 props/materials/sounds. This severely limits what you can do in terms of canon, as custom objects would be difficult to create.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal