Author Topic: drama  (Read 11831 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
drama
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »
That's right, drama

Obviously, this was a big issue in the old server. Hopefully, there'll be less of it in the new one, but it's undoubtedly going to happen. My one question on this would be, why the fuck is this shit just allowed to happen? Obviously, it ruins the environment of the server, and gets really annoying like 100% of the time. So why allow people to just constantly whine about stuff?

We all know that there were people that literally cried about everything.

"oh no, this unit went rogue"
"oh no, you cant have that gun here its not right"
"hey wtf man you cant have that skill!!!!"

I can understand that some stuff people do can get out of hand, and that people should have a right to weigh in on stuff. But when those same people have to bitch about stuff in OOC and on the forums all the time, I'm not seeing why they're allowed to do that. To often did I see roleplay getting prevented or stopped, or at the very least highly discouraged, because it would cause drama. Again, I emphasize that this shouldn't be the case. If people are just going to bitch about things that happen (mainly because they don't go their way, what a surprise), then what's the point of having the server? Roleplay needs to develop naturally, and if people are just going to be allowed to prevent stuff from happening because they don't like it, then there's no real point in any of it.

Thoughts?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: drama
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:06:17 PM »
Drama is inevitable, it's going to happen no matter what. Of course I don't like how some RP choices players make with their characters becomes restricted because someone pulled out the metagame card or made some post of the forums about it causing the inevitable. Yet, it's just going to keep happening and happening so I believe it's just how administration and the people involved handle it.
Instead of letting it escalate the only thing we can really do is just try and be mature and make compromises or settle the dispute as peacefully as possible.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:22:36 PM »
tl;dr mary sue syndrome

'my character must be perfect and rly cool and good at combat but this guy has something i dont which i feel is unfair thus i need to complain'

or

'my super awesome cool character got killed, must complain because even though the rp was valid im too attached to my character'

or

'i dont like this guy lets pk his character because he is elitist look at his guns'

or more commonly

'this character is a mary sue why are they on the server time to complain'

a lot of players characters tend to role out into the mary sue or marty stu group and so drama happens because those sorts of characters would probably not exist in the real world but are some cheesy ripoff of something else from fiction
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:25:10 PM by that one guy people dont like very much »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 12:00:00 AM »
less admin intervention in roleplay and more intervention in rule breaking = less drama

word
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 12:12:09 AM »
you guys forget a lot of the time admins stepped in before rule breaking for reasons that may not be obvious or were never made public

most admins didnt run around stopping rp they didnt like for no reason other than not liking it personally

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 12:17:48 AM »
most admins didnt run around stopping rp they didnt like for no reason other than not liking it personally

how was mugging units breaking server rule

or wanting to lead coup in cca and become sec with support of overwatch

or when i went to kill jellyfish i got told by other admins i couldnt do it

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 12:18:39 AM »
you guys forget a lot of the time admins stepped in before rule breaking for reasons that may not be obvious or were never made public

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 12:21:57 AM »
yeah but theres a difference between

"hey cant let you do that raged because for X reason it would lead to Y"

than

"dont do that or ill perma ban you"

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 12:56:29 AM »
smt theres no excuse to step in and prohibit roleplay. unless someone is actually breaking a rule then there's no reason to stop whatever they are doing, that's just destroying rp. assuming what raged is saying is correct, it being he tried to kill jellyfish or whatever her name is called and an admin stopped him, thats utter bullshit and that admin should have his powers taken away immediately.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »
smt theres no excuse to step in and prohibit roleplay. unless someone is actually breaking a rule then there's no reason to stop whatever they are doing, that's just destroying rp. assuming what raged is saying is correct, it being he tried to kill jellyfish or whatever her name is called and an admin stopped him, thats utter bullshit and that admin should have his powers taken away immediately.

this thread is just another where admins argue their point against people who haven't been admin and don't understand sometimes we know X or Y is gonna happen so we stop roleplay to prevent even more drama or because something is wrong with the RP thats going to happen etc

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 01:02:45 AM »
this thread is just another where admins argue their point against people who haven't been admin and don't understand sometimes we know X or Y is gonna happen so we stop roleplay to prevent even more drama or because something is wrong with the RP thats going to happen etc

well rather than be an admin at cg i have led several rp communities and i can tell you interfering with everything isn't the right way to go

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 01:03:48 AM »

well rather than be an admin at cg i have led several rp communities and i can tell you interfering with everything isn't the right way to go

well thats gd i guess but cg is another community n a lot of the time the admins know beforehand someone plans to break the rules so we stop them, then we get berated by the entire community for doing it

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 01:27:49 AM »
Lol this thread is pretty ironic.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 01:42:40 AM »
Lol this thread is pretty ironic.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

what makes it ironic nicknero

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 01:43:28 AM »

hilarious because i was an admin once. sure, maybe not hl2rp, but i had all hl2rp access including logs n all that. you know how many people i couldve banned because i thought something bad was going to happen? admins need to stop going off of assumptions and if someone actually breaks a rule, then handle it. otherwise stay out of their way. please explain why raged allegedly wasn't allowed to kill jellyfish? unless he was breaking a server rule then theres no reasoning behind it. besides, we're getting off topic.

one thing i know for a fact is that if admins just deal with rule breakers and not rp, there will be far less drama and i stand by that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal