Author Topic: drama  (Read 11962 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: drama
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 12:19:39 PM »
nice of you to leave out when i said restrictions (aka IC ones)

What restrictions do you speak of? Please tell me what you mean because I don't think I understand what you mean by that.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 06:26:56 PM »
Just noticed we don't have any drama threads in HRP or OCRP or CGRP or HRP2.... Why's that I wonder? Maybe because they are not as serious or advance of a gamemode then this... There's a thought, why don't we dumb this gamemode down a little?!?!?!
In all honesty I don't see the reason for this thing called drama over video games, it's a bit pathetic since a serious rp gamemode is suppose to have mature players on it, yet they have to argue about it, make threads on the forums, bitch and complain about things so little that everyday RPers on hrp or other gamemodes deal with all the time.

I can understand that some stuff people do can get out of hand, and that people should have a right to weigh in on stuff. But when those same people have to bitch about stuff in OOC and on the forums all the time, I'm not seeing why they're allowed to do that.
Not sure why they are allowed to bitch and complain all the time. It's not tolerated on the other gamemodes we have.

To often did I see roleplay getting prevented or stopped, or at the very least highly discouraged, because it would cause drama. Again, I emphasize that this shouldn't be the case. If people are just going to bitch about things that happen (mainly because they don't go their way, what a surprise), then what's the point of having the server?
Well before we go and oft off a server, why don't you not RP with those people. Really easy if ya think about it.

Roleplay needs to develop naturally, and if people are just going to be allowed to prevent stuff from happening because they don't like it, then there's no real point in any of it.
Well if people are preventing things from happening ICly because they don't like it (which you don't know at that moment in time) then there may be a need to alert an admin and ask for assistance to help you enjoy your RP experience. Admins aren't just there because they know the rules well, they are there because their open-minded and are exceptionally well at RPing and know the ins and outs for most RP situations. (atleast thats how I see admins and SAs.)

Welp thats my IMHO on the subject. Nothing more to say really. Just gotta wait till the gamemode is released.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 06:36:21 PM »
Just noticed we don't have any drama threads in HRP or OCRP or CGRP or HRP2.... Why's that I wonder? Maybe because they are not as serious or advance of a gamemode then this... There's a thought, why don't we dumb this gamemode down a little?!?!?!

no, thats

no

stop

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 09:54:28 PM »
maybe people should stick within rules and restictions that are put in place then maybe admins wouldn't have to get involved as much

its an IC rule, so why cant I break it ICly? What if I'm just the kind of unit that doesn't care about the regulations the CCA has in place?

at that point, an admin SHOULD NOT come in and say "lol, no ur gonna rdm or something so this cant happen"

the SeC should take me and, and punish me accordingly. If admins are just going to step in for these issues, why do blackmarks or other forms of IC punishment for the cca even need to exist

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 10:13:54 PM »
maybe people should stick within rules and restictions that are put in place then maybe admins wouldn't have to get involved as much

its an IC rule, so why cant I break it ICly? What if I'm just the kind of unit that doesn't care about the regulations the CCA has in place?

at that point, an admin SHOULD NOT come in and say "lol, no ur gonna rdm or something so this cant happen"

the SeC should take me and, and punish me accordingly. If admins are just going to step in for these issues, why do blackmarks or other forms of IC punishment for the cca even need to exist

From what I've seen many units are giving blackmarks for things they do OOC, which is amazingly hilarious. Punishing people ICly for something they did OOCly.

Now of course if a unit RDM's someone then take away his unit, that goes without saying. But I've seen units get blackmarks for talking back OUT OF CHARACTER, which makes no sense and is failRP to whomever did that.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »
there are ooc blackmarks too

these 2 threads are a collection of misunderstanding and it makes me not want to play hl2rp because everyone is being really, really stupid

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 10:32:13 PM »
there are ooc blackmarks too

So then keep them in an OOC place, not right in the units name. Why bring them into the IC realm where they don't belong?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 10:34:47 PM »
names are -not- ic how can you think they're ic? do you think everyone sees their names floating around above them in game?

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 10:40:48 PM »
names are -not- ic how can you think they're ic? do you think everyone sees their names floating around above them in game?

So you're telling me when I see someone has the tag "Jane Doe" it means nothing at all since it has no IC meaning? Why can't I have 'Ben Dover' or "X Killa Doom' since names have no meaning at all in the server?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »

So you're telling me when I see someone has the tag "Jane Doe" it means nothing at all since it has no IC meaning? Why can't I have 'Ben Dover' or "X Killa Doom' since names have no meaning at all in the server?

do you think people are asked to change names by an admin because it looks dumb IC??? the names floating above peoples head are ooc, no one knows them ic, units are told by patches/badges/ranks/whatever, citizens have either name tags or nothing (idk), the names above people are not ic, they can't be, that makes no sense, how do you think that for real?

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 10:45:52 PM »

do you think people are asked to change names by an admin because it looks dumb IC??? the names floating above peoples head are ooc, no one knows them ic, units are told by patches/badges/ranks/whatever, citizens have either name tags or nothing (idk), the names above people are not ic, they can't be, that makes no sense, how do you think that for real?

I'd like to have the name 'Nigga Squasher' when the server opens. It's only fair because the tags that people have are not IC so why would it matter? Has no meaning so who cares.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 10:46:18 PM »
because it looks dumb ooc, why don't you get it? do you not know what ooc/ic is? wow

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 10:53:29 PM »
because it looks dumb ooc, why don't you get it? do you not know what ooc/ic is? wow

I think I understand where you're coming from, but how will ignoring minges contribute to the general RP quality?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 10:54:48 PM »

I think I understand where you're coming from, but how will ignoring minges contribute to the general RP quality?

what?

im literally saying:

no one at all knows your name Ic unless you tell them or it's visible, if your name really is nigger tits mcgee fuck fanny, no one will know that IC, no one at all, you don't get it changed because it's dumb IC (i mean, it kinda is, but the main reason is that it's an unrealistic name for anyone to pick, that's an ooc situation to change a name)

nothing about ignoring minges?

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 11:03:57 PM »
I was extrapolating a bit, but I see your point.  If you were to be introduced to a Cornholio McFartknocker in a bar, chances are you wouldn't be demanding his name be changed.

The only problem is whether or not we're willing to stop giving a fuck about immersion breakers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal