Author Topic: About Uniform and Zealot  (Read 11251 times)

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
About Uniform and Zealot
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:17:37 AM »
hello my name is red perhaps you remember me no okay

i'm going to talk about some of the things that bother me about these two divisions, however minor the issues are

lets go

Uniform

The division tasked with training new CCA members and weeding out the bad lolcops, and getting players prepped OOCly. This division is what everyone starts at. What's wrong with it you might ask? It's boring. Granted, there are moments when things are enjoyable in Uniform, but for the most part it is pretty bad. For the trainers, it is a repetitious cycle of saying the same few lines over and over. For recruits, it is a long and stressful progress of getting trainers to actually train, then getting bogged down in extremely boring theory classes that make no sense most of the time. The second problem of Uniform is that it very hard for HC. High command units, and more specifically DvLs generally retire from Uniform within 2-3 months. Hc units that don't retire generally just go inactive.

I really don't have much of a clue on how to fix either of those things. Uniform High command are going to have a harder time then other divisions no matter what, though.

Zealot

I'm going to try and keep this one short because everyone loves drama.

Zealot is the division tasked with internal and external affairs. I'll be blunt, Zealot is too exposed. Out of uniform, Zealot members generally do pretty well at remaining incognito, but inside the nexus they are super obvious. Zealot is renowned oocly for being a covert group of hand picked individuals that prove their worth at the art of subterfuge, and it is impossible to tell who is in zealot because of this. Except, you know, how they have Zealot in their name. Really hard to tell who's who with that.

I suggest that members of Zealot no longer have "zealot" in there names. Keep them in the division they were in, in tittle only, while still having them technically being a member of Zealot, ex. CCA.C45.ZEALOT-xx.123 would instead be CCA.C45.NOVA/APEX/GRID-xx.123, whichever division they were in beforehand.

---edit okay overall I think zealot members need to act more secretive, they are too open about things they do while inside the nexus---

okay that's all I can think of for now

please tell me how I am wrong and stupid about everything
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:19:28 AM by Red »
oh

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About Uniform and Zealot
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:35:45 AM »
i already have ideas for uniform that if im given dvl/ofc ill be adding in over time and making it so its less boring for both sides

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:24 AM »
I personally had fun doing training sessions for UNIFORM when I ran it. I made each one unique and had interaction instead of just vomiting the information. Get the right people in and it's enjoyable and not a burden. Get the wrong people in and shit goes wrong.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:58:37 AM »
Zealot

I'm going to try and keep this one short because everyone loves drama.

Zealot is the division tasked with internal and external affairs. I'll be blunt, Zealot is too exposed. Out of uniform, Zealot members generally do pretty well at remaining incognito, but inside the nexus they are super obvious. Zealot is renowned oocly for being a covert group of hand picked individuals that prove their worth at the art of subterfuge, and it is impossible to tell who is in zealot because of this. Except, you know, how they have Zealot in their name. Really hard to tell who's who with that.

I suggest that members of Zealot no longer have "zealot" in there names. Keep them in the division they were in, in tittle only, while still having them technically being a member of Zealot, ex. CCA.C45.ZEALOT-xx.123 would instead be CCA.C45.NOVA/APEX/GRID-xx.123, whichever division they were in beforehand.

---edit okay overall I think zealot members need to act more secretive, they are too open about things they do while inside the nexus---

okay that's all I can think of for now

please tell me how I am wrong and stupid about everything

Here is the thing.
I don't think that both internal and external affairs really work together. Because for one, you have to act secretly and watch over units and shit, while for the other you have to be more open and actually give the information you found out so that the CCA can use it against the lolrebels.
And that is what's also wrong about Zealot previously. They act like OP elitists who didn't share any of their information at all. And seriously, if they aren't sharing their information, then what is the point in having them in the first place?

Zealot should be kept out for at least the start of HL2RP. We don't need them (yet). Let the rebel groups get together and give them a chance to start up before you stick your nose into it and ruin sweet citizen RP. Maybe in a few months the UU can think of introducing Zealot, or whatever it'll be called.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:13:50 AM »
if they aren't sharing their information, then what is the point in having them in the first place?

i assumed everyone knew but i guess not

they got the information and then used it them selves to kill/capture targets, it wasn't meant for your average 03 to use the info and walk into d2/p6/whatever and just capture the people and do it them selves, zealot were trained to go in undercover and capture these people or just straight up kill them they put any other units forward to do it when zealot are the best at it

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 03:16:21 AM »
i already have ideas for uniform that if im given dvl/ofc ill be adding in over time and making it so its less boring for both sides

i'm sure we would all like to hear what it is exactly that you have in mind so we can judge you

Here is the thing.
I don't think that both internal and external affairs really work together. Because for one, you have to act secretly and watch over units and shit, while for the other you have to be more open and actually give the information you found out so that the CCA can use it against the lolrebels.
And that is what's also wrong about Zealot previously. They act like OP elitists who didn't share any of their information at all. And seriously, if they aren't sharing their information, then what is the point in having them in the first place?

Zealot should be kept out for at least the start of HL2RP. We don't need them (yet). Let the rebel groups get together and give them a chance to start up before you stick your nose into it and ruin sweet citizen RP. Maybe in a few months the UU can think of introducing Zealot, or whatever it'll be called.

I agree that the two task are conflicting with each other, but i'd much rather have zealot doing internal rather then the confusing ued units we had running around killing people

in my opinion zealot needs to figure out if they want to be super stealthy or not
oh

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 03:33:37 AM »
Can I just say that zealot was never told to go IA, it just... happened.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 03:50:10 AM »
As Nicknero said about Zealot, I think the fewer divisions at launch the better.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 05:05:48 AM »
As Nicknero said about Zealot, I think the fewer divisions at launch the better.

This.

We don't need Zealot at the start, and it's hard for me to see a place where we would ever need it back again in the first place. The division just promotes elitism, not through the fault of the units but simply because it's a division where everything is secret unless you're classified as a good enough role-player to know what's going on.

Did the division add significant amounts of interesting role-play? Not really.
Did it hinder rebel groups from forming when they needed to form and grow? Yes.

So why should we have it back in the first place. IA is pointless, leave IA down to the leaders, not specialized units who "don't exist".

We don't need Zealot, let it go the way of Razor. We don't need it back simply because it was there before.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:07:26 AM by Monkey with a gun »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 05:21:33 AM »
Did the division add significant amounts of interesting role-play? Not really.
Did it hinder rebel groups from forming when they needed to form and grow? Yes.

the roleplay between zealot units and ACs was very interesting, along with interrogation rp and bringing in other units for that kinda thing

no real good rebel groups were hindered, zealot targeted the ones who were being stupid and not hiding or trying to cover them selves, mostly just the lulrebelz

IA isn't really pointless because who's gonna investigate the dvls if they happen to be acting up, talking from ued rather than zealot ia view it was pretty fun interviewing units for background checks/psyche evaluations as well as investigating the units who are just stupid, if a dvl starts watching a lower rank unit he's obviously gonna stop fucking around pretty fast

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 07:06:30 AM »
because who's gonna investigate the dvls if they happen to be acting up
The SeC (And CmDs if we were to get them later).
It's the job of the DvL to keep his division in check. And it's part of the job of the SeC to make sure this DvL does his job properly.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 07:11:18 AM »
It's the job of the DvL to keep his division in check. And it's part of the job of the SeC to make sure this DvL does his job properly.

yeah and everyone knows thats unrealistic, i cant see the sec snooping around with the pink panther theme looking for clues, internal affairs made sense people just didn't like it cause its restricting their freedom

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 07:27:32 AM »

yeah and everyone knows thats unrealistic, i cant see the sec snooping around with the pink panther theme looking for clues, internal affairs made sense people just didn't like it cause its restricting their freedom

Then why is a SeC needed? Think basic business practices and chain of commands.

Employee -> Assistant Lead -> Lead -> Supervisor -> Lead Supervisor -> Assistant Manager -> Manager -> Board of Directors

Then apply it to HL2RP CCA

Basic Unit -> 02 -> 01/EU -> OfC -> DvL -> CmD -> SeC -> Administration Team (OOC)

If you have a issue with an employee you go to either your supervisor or lead supervisor. These being OfC and DvL respectively. If theres an issue with a supervisor, you go to the managers, these being CmD and SeC (Assistant and Manger respectively.) And if you have an issue with the Assistant Manager you go to the Manager, and an issue with the manager goes to the Board of Directors, this example being the admin team (specifically SA's.)

It's the SeC's job to manage issues, including issues with managerial staff. If they're not doing their job then they shouldn't be there.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:03 AM »

Then why is a SeC needed? Think basic business practices and chain of commands.

Employee -> Assistant Lead -> Lead -> Supervisor -> Lead Supervisor -> Assistant Manager -> Manager -> Board of Directors

Then apply it to HL2RP CCA

Basic Unit -> 02 -> 01/EU -> OfC -> DvL -> CmD -> SeC -> Administration Team (OOC)

If you have a issue with an employee you go to either your supervisor or lead supervisor. These being OfC and DvL respectively. If theres an issue with a supervisor, you go to the managers, these being CmD and SeC (Assistant and Manger respectively.) And if you have an issue with the Assistant Manager you go to the Manager, and an issue with the manager goes to the Board of Directors, this example being the admin team (specifically SA's.)

It's the SeC's job to manage issues, including issues with managerial staff. If they're not doing their job then they shouldn't be there.

but there isn't much they can do because when a higher ranking unit investigates them they just don't do whatever it is for fear of punishment, IA  gave a way to get around that for certain units, plus it's hardly like any sec was on that much

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 07:32:16 AM »
UNIFORM:
The training division of the CCA in CG's HL2RP history. Switched DvL's / OfC's frequently and their active either raised or dropped heavily.
What I noticed a lot; The 'teachers' as you can say they are, got lazy / bored with it. (Some did, not saying everyone.) This ended up in units not even knowing the simplest things, unless they had read up on the topic, which was mandatory for units back in the time. (Yes I remember it was, because I was forced to do it as a recruit.) I remember training units every now and then, with permission and at some points it got boring.
It ended up with me, avoiding to teach RCT units, because it was as repetitive as it were and when I became DvL, I turned my interest to those, in an attempt to train them better and with more interesting RP. ANYWAYS, that's not the topic you're discussing, but UNIFORM  as a whole. I don't doubt Smt's skills in teaching new players to be a unit in CG's Hl2RP, as I once knew him fairly well and knew what he was capable of doing. Quite a few players in this community were good at teaching and damn, I loved these guys once. I'd suggest either attempting to bring these guys back or at least speak with them to get advises, if required that is.

ZEALOT:
Personally, I never hated it. They were the resistance hunters and so on, yet I still saw a few cuntplaints from people, about how they were operating. Back in the "old days", when I was speaking to Raged, I was told every now and then of what they had been doing. I never really minded, as I never heard any larger / major rebel faction group getting picked down. I saw a few minor rebel groups get taken down and those were the common lolwebuls as already stated earlier. These were the guys who were just an asshole to deal with, either lolrunning or minging around when caught. ZEALOT did a pretty good damn in infiltrating these guys and headshot them when they had the best chance and had gotten enough information.
I agree with people here, that ZEALOT should stay out in the beginning. Bring it back, after a few months of the server being up and running, that'd be interesting as they did do pretty damn well in interrogating RP. (Most standard / common units were pretty horribly at doing these things.)
The only problem with ZEALOT back in the days were the; "OMG ELITISM, OMG CLASSIFIED, we iz comrades, Y can i no be told wat u R doing?" I understand why some people complained about this, but turn it around; If they weren't as secret as they were or kept their "files classified" in their private thread. How many units don't you think would metagame, if they (or their friends in that case) had a group, which was infiltrated by ZEALOT? Even though most people don't want to agree / admit they've metagamed, everyone have. Know a bit OOC information and at one point, this information will take place IC, whether it'd be by a mistake or a cover up.

Oh and erhm... Hi.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal