Author Topic: About Uniform and Zealot  (Read 11261 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About Uniform and Zealot
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 09:42:58 PM »
I dont mean godlike at clamping. What im saying is uniform should be training the units in practices that are universal (such as clamping procedure, basic weapons management, leadership skills, hazard management, dealing with certain situations, etc), and the specific divisions should be teaching specialized training (ie medical stuff for nova, tech for grid, advanced tactics for apex, etc, etc)

I mean, that way, training is universal and units from x division wont be trying to do a breach in a different way than y division is, and uniform can then have those two divisions do drills to make sure they stay ontop of it all

id almost say i agree with this but training for rcts was too advanced as it is, rcts are the basic units and should go to apex if they want to learn more advanced stuff about clamping, they will be taught the basics but it it should be up to the units them selves if they want to take their own time to talk to apex and set up training for them (which uniform would help organize if needed)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
I dont mean godlike at clamping. What im saying is uniform should be training the units in practices that are universal (such as clamping procedure, basic weapons management, leadership skills, hazard management, dealing with certain situations, etc), and the specific divisions should be teaching specialized training (ie medical stuff for nova, tech for grid, advanced tactics for apex, etc, etc)

I mean, that way, training is universal and units from x division wont be trying to do a breach in a different way than y division is, and uniform can then have those two divisions do drills to make sure they stay ontop of it all

id almost say i agree with this but training for rcts was too advanced as it is, rcts are the basic units and should go to apex if they want to learn more advanced stuff about clamping, they will be taught the basics but it it should be up to the units them selves if they want to take their own time to talk to apex and set up training for them (which uniform would help organize if needed)

no yeah I totally get that units shouldnt be recieving all this badass training and such, but what I'm getting at is stuff like weapons useage (like smg and pistol training) and slightly more advanced skills (ie: stuff that actual units could be trusted doing but still need training on) could be done by uniform so that:

a) the other divisions can focus more on specific specialized training
b) uniform can train units so that they all know the same stuff and aren't doing randomly different things because 'nova taught them this but apex taught them that'
c) uniform can then test/make units practice, creating passive rp for units by also making sure they actually know what they're doing

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 03:28:00 AM »
You guys are going off experiences you've had within the last year or so with UNIFORM, which weren't exactly uniforms, the cca's or hl2rp's best times.

Back in 2011 when hl2rp started properly (again for the oldold fags) and uniform was led by somebody else and then smt, it was at a great point and performing to a great standard, as were all the other divisions (with their old names which i still prefer).

Theres nothing wrong with the system of the divisions and what they do, its just you have to get the right people for the job who are dedicated. Its normally a good idea to switch DvL's every so often anyway to stop it getting stale both for the person and the divsion.
what

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 03:52:37 AM »
You guys are going off experiences you've had within the last year or so with UNIFORM, which weren't exactly uniforms, the cca's or hl2rp's best times.

Back in 2011 when hl2rp started properly (again for the oldold fags) and uniform was led by somebody else and then smt, it was at a great point and performing to a great standard, as were all the other divisions (with their old names which i still prefer).

Theres nothing wrong with the system of the divisions and what they do, its just you have to get the right people for the job who are dedicated. Its normally a good idea to switch DvL's every so often anyway to stop it getting stale both for the person and the divsion.
Do you mean Smt and Kazuo?
Those were the two DvL and OfC back in the day when I joined the CCA as recruit. And I liked it a lot.
It was simple, clear, and I had fun in RP. No drama either. Why can't it just be like that?

Seriously, the main issues that caused the downfall of HL2RP the previous time, and what we are trying to avoid now is DRAMA...
And by the looks of things, the servers aren't even up yet and there are already up to 2 threads full of arguments and drama. (This one and the preset positions thread).
Can't we just come up with an idea and discuss it in a friendly way instead of: "This is my opinion and fuck the rest!"
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2014, 04:23:17 AM »
Quote from: NickNero1405
And by the looks of things, the servers aren't even up yet and there are already up to 2 threads full of arguments and drama. (This one and the preset positions thread).
Can't we just come up with an idea and discuss it in a friendly way instead of: "This is my opinion and fuck the rest!"

You're pretty much overreacting, Nick. There is no flaming, at least not yet. People are just providong feedback and theit opinions on those said by others.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 04:26:08 AM »
Those were the two DvL and OfC back in the day when I joined the CCA as recruit. And I liked it a lot.
It was simple, clear, and I had fun in RP. No drama either. Why can't it just be like that?

literally what we have planned for uniform, people should stop trying to take it down before we've even got it up yet~

also yeah it was either me or kaz who was the first HC in uniform, before it was just a squad with rcts and no HC, i think it was me in ofc at first, then i got moved to dvl as i asked for a 2nd guy to help me and that was kaz (i think so anyway)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 04:54:05 AM »

literally what we have planned for uniform, people should stop trying to take it down before we've even got it up yet~

also yeah it was either me or kaz who was the first HC in uniform, before it was just a squad with rcts and no HC, i think it was me in ofc at first, then i got moved to dvl as i asked for a 2nd guy to help me and that was kaz (i think so anyway)
that was it, you were ofc then went to dvl and grabbed kaz

but yeah, the old way of the standard divsions worked fine, all this amalgamating won't work.

Those of you who say having less HC dedicated to it will work better really need to do some maths and logic.

Less units training means better? having HC dedicated to training recruits is better, as thats all they are solely around for (and other rp in other cases etc). And even so, you'd just end up having a TrO rank or more HC in the standard divsions to compensate.
what

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »
I find it hilarious how heated all of you become when discussing hypothetical situations within the CCA. Somehow, these topics have managed to divide the community, despite the fact that there are no official plans for the CCA as of yet. I don't know how anyone else feels, but I would much prefer if someone first developed a comprehensive, wide-ranging plan for the CCA before we fret over smaller things. Even if said plan is identical to a previous system, it would help to have a working model of how the CCA will operate before delving into the specifics.
Live free or die

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »
I find it hilarious how heated all of you become when discussing hypothetical situations within the CCA. Somehow, these topics have managed to divide the community, despite the fact that there are no official plans for the CCA as of yet. I don't know how anyone else feels, but I would much prefer if someone first developed a comprehensive, wide-ranging plan for the CCA before we fret over smaller things. Even if said plan is identical to a previous system, it would help to have a working model of how the CCA will operate before delving into the specifics.

there can't be full cca plans until someone is picked to run the cca, those of us running divisions have our own plans and im hoping we can get a meeting together to discuss some stuff

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »
I don't really see how anybody is getting heated, lol. Maybe I'm just bad at reading the situation, but from my end it just looks like an open ended spouting of suggestions. People are giving their input and others are critiquing it.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline tics

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2014, 05:30:27 PM »

there can't be full cca plans until someone is picked to run the cca, those of us running divisions have our own plans and im hoping we can get a meeting together to discuss some stuff
Perhaps no one was informed, but Rofl will be leading the CCA at the start of the server. We don't need anyone in place for people to suggest plans.
Live free or die

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 05:36:13 PM »

Perhaps no one was informed, but Rofl will be leading the CCA at the start of the server. We don't need anyone in place for people to suggest plans.

everyone (or at least most) are well aware that he will be leading the CCA at the start, but that doesn't mean we cant suggest ideas and plans

Offline tics

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 06:02:34 PM »

everyone (or at least most) are well aware that he will be leading the CCA at the start, but that doesn't mean we cant suggest ideas and plans
That's exactly what I said, Abbott.
Live free or die

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 06:20:51 PM »
i misread it then

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 11:26:53 PM »
make Zealot in the beginning just Military Police. They dole out the punishment. Make them all snoopy, or rather, an entirely different snoopy division later on.

We got Grid for the nuts n bolts, Uniform as boot camp, Apex as your basic low-brow-knucklehead enforcement, Nova as the medical department, then Zealot.

Zealot

They aren't very zealous. Somewhat counter intuitive to their name, not the most overbearingly zealous people I've ever met. (which they should be. These people are basically the SS.) But internal and external affairs? That crosses paths too much. You're gathering information on outside resistance groups yet at the same time gathering information on people within the CCA. That isolates you too much. Make it so that Zealot is the MP, then some other group with an ominous name like Phantom/Ghost/Walrider/Gestapo/Shutzshtaffel/NSA/Overlords/Hawks/whatever does the infiltration and the intelligence gathering. Because what we have is a conflict of interest in Zealot. A: you're concerned about intelligence gathering. B: you're concerned about the people inside the CCA. That makes members of Zealot more reluctant to actually say their information.

Another thing, the size of the divisions was almost arbitrary but undoubtedly off the fucking wall. We got APEX with like 10 active people, Grid with 7, NOVA with like, 3, Zealot with some unknown number of people though a lot. Then UNIFORM with like 1000 people.

Instead of Uniform officers circle jerking waiting to train, SCHEDULE IT

yes, a schedule.

7PM EST Uniform Live Fire/Breaching Training (steam group/private board)

4 PM EST Uniform Live Fire/Breaching  Training

Now have an NA officer do the NA training and the EU officer do the EU training, so example

5 AM EST Uniform Live Fire Training Today! (Eight hours ahead in most of europe, so it wouldn't be late at night, but infact towards the middle of the day.)

Give each recruit a score sheet, and tick off each required event when completed. Have every other day a training day and each one is dedicated to certain events. Then one big ass graduation ceremony.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal