Author Topic: Administration standards in the new server  (Read 13286 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Administration standards in the new server
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 10:29:55 PM »
Wasn't around for what happened here, but how about this:

Re-instate the whole server-specific admin system. Solves it, from what I can see. However; as I said, wasn't around to get into HL2RP.

[Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.]

hl2rp admins always were and always should be separate

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »
smt has a point. Most of you guys have never been administrators so you really don't know what its like on our end. Yes. We need to stop abusing observer. Yes. We need to stop intervening at the wrong times. These are issues that should have been brought up and dealt with but never were.

However, most of the admins guilty of this are no longer administrators anymore. Regardless, there will be consequences for admins doing things like that and if you see an admin go into observer and back out within a few seconds, report him/her. We have logs which can be used to determine abuse.

Is there anything else we need to do/stop doing? And no, rogue units will remain owner authorization only. It can go OP extremely quickly in the wrong hands.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 01:59:15 AM »
smt has a point. Most of you guys have never been administrators so you really don't know what its like on our end. Yes. We need to stop abusing observer. Yes. We need to stop intervening at the wrong times. These are issues that should have been brought up and dealt with but never were.

However, most of the admins guilty of this are no longer administrators anymore. Regardless, there will be consequences for admins doing things like that and if you see an admin go into observer and back out within a few seconds, report him/her. We have logs which can be used to determine abuse.

Is there anything else we need to do/stop doing? And no, rogue units will remain owner authorization only. It can go OP extremely quickly in the wrong hands.

"most of the admins"

Maybe you should finish off the rest before the server re-opens for the good of the playerbase?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 02:23:25 AM »
However, most of the admins guilty of this are no longer administrators anymore.

who are these then, please enlighten us lord statua

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 02:46:29 AM »
Now I really think about it. An important factor that should be kept in mind is that units who go into S6 usually just hand over weapons and shit to citizens and then THEY cause the trouble. Since units who don't give a fuck anyway, and still have direct access to the armory...

And that is something admins can't just magically fix after it already happened. So the best way for this situation would have been preventing it in the first place.

So yeah, it purely depends on the situation if it is best to stop the unit from going into S6, or let him be dealt with ICly. (And this whole unit-into-S6 is just one example of the many things admins have to deal with in a daily basis.)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 03:43:21 AM »
nick when was the last time you actively played hl2rp
i dont think that is a problem anymore or even needs to be discussed, seeing as it's been in tight control for a long time
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:49:10 AM by Yak »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2014, 09:20:24 AM »
However, most of the admins guilty of this are no longer administrators anymore.

i dont remember their names and if i did, i wouldn't disclose them anyway.

As for the rest, i merely said that as a disclaimer since i dont know who all did it. I just know there were people doing it and those who are still on the roster don't ring any bells.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 09:26:31 AM »
pretty much everyone did it

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »

i dont remember their names and if i did, i wouldn't disclose them anyway.

As for the rest, i merely said that as a disclaimer since i dont know who all did it. I just know there were people doing it and those who are still on the roster don't ring any bells.
"I made a blanket statement and don't know what I'm saying." Thanks for the input.

Post Auto-Merged: January 15, 2014, 12:28:53 PM
Appointing someone to the position of administrator is always a risk. You can never know for certain whether that person will abuse their powers. Most administrators who have served at Catalyst Gaming have never caused problems. Most suggestions that are made for administration do not take into the account the realities and difficulties of administrating, because the people who suggest them have never administrated at all or certainly not in stressful situations.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:28:53 PM by Ricky »
Live free or die

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2014, 12:33:29 PM »
pretty much everyone did it

no they didnt, i can think of the odd few that did do it and as statua said, no longer on admin team plus they suffered with severe stupidity anyway to be frank

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »
every hl2rp admin i've seen did it at least once including me, its something you don't even think about a lot of the time, don't think i ever did it on citizens but on my cca i did a lot for sure, esp. when on UED and im checkin 4 sneaky admins flying around me

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »
the problem here is the fact that people are expecting smooth roleplay where passive admin happens which is obviously, the best scenario and is what as admins is a good situation also

the thing you guys need to realise is that due to cg's playerbase that used to be on the server that couldnt happen, and for a fact when it starts again its not going to be 100% trustworthy people (if it is, props to cg) so we had to watch etc and pull people aside as we didnt know everybody in the server and what they were likely to do. its a fine line between immersion and making sure rules aren't broken.
what

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »
I admit to intervening when I shouldn't have so what smt says might be true.

Are we going to keep bickering about something that happened in the past which will be addressed and handled in the future?

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2014, 01:20:48 PM »
I admit to intervening when I shouldn't have so what smt says might be true.

Are we going to keep bickering about something that happened in the past which will be addressed and handled in the future?

its called discussing in a thread about administration lol

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
Now I really think about it. An important factor that should be kept in mind is that units who go into S6 usually just hand over weapons and shit to citizens and then THEY cause the trouble. Since units who don't give a fuck anyway, and still have direct access to the armory...

And that is something admins can't just magically fix after it already happened. So the best way for this situation would have been preventing it in the first place.

What if I am fully aware of what I am doing as a unit and am just a double agent/corrupt unit who likes making tokens on the side and just a fool hardy, selfish punk who only joined the CCA for better food and not to get beat up all the time? No real allegiance to the Union but just clever enough to make it past screening? At that point I'm ICly handing out weapons and shit to citizens, so where exactly does the line begin?

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal