Author Topic: Administration standards in the new server  (Read 13156 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Administration standards in the new server
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
but admins often linger on the edge of involvement because rules can be broken very easily in certain situations

ok let's say a unit goes rogue because his best friend who was also a unit was shot in the face by his superiors for accepting bribes

rather than administration flying in and physgunning the unit who's about to walk into d6 because he doesn't have adequate authorisations for going rogue they should just ~observe~ the roleplay and see how it unfolds and provided the unit doesn't take out a gun and start rdm'ing people without rp i don't see why they need to be involved

the thing is, in my mind, id rather a unit who wants to go crazee and leave the cca and go d6 for some reason should get proper auths first so the admins know beforehand, rather then having too suddenly see a unit run into d6 and you have no idea why this nigga just ran into d6 and he has a gun and he could do anything damn what might happen

id rather we have to make people do auths rather than they do it anyway because that pretty much means rules wont be broken for sure, rather than theres always a chance this unit is gonna take out his gun and blast people or someone is gonna prop kill him for his gun or whatever and we don't know cause no one told us

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:33 PM »
but admins often linger on the edge of involvement because rules can be broken very easily in certain situations

ok let's say a unit goes rogue because his best friend who was also a unit was shot in the face by his superiors for accepting bribes

rather than administration flying in and physgunning the unit who's about to walk into d6 because he doesn't have adequate authorisations for going rogue they should just ~observe~ the roleplay and see how it unfolds and provided the unit doesn't take out a gun and start rdm'ing people without rp i don't see why they need to be involved

the thing is, in my mind, id rather a unit who wants to go crazee and leave the cca and go d6 for some reason should get proper auths first so the admins know beforehand, rather then having too suddenly see a unit run into d6 and you have no idea why this nigga just ran into d6 and he has a gun and he could do anything damn what might happen

id rather we have to make people do auths rather than they do it anyway because that pretty much means rules wont be broken for sure, rather than theres always a chance this unit is gonna take out his gun and blast people or someone is gonna prop kill him for his gun or whatever and we don't know cause no one told us

im still not understanding why you guys think its okay to step in and do all this stuff to prevent issues when you have no idea whats going to happen. I get that you dont want rules to be broken, but you're also preventing roleplay from being able to flow naturally and realistically. basically, the reasoning for admins getting involved in stuff (like units going into d6 for example), is that you want to prevent rules from being broken. Yet rules being broken isnt location restricted, nor is it restricted to certain people/roleplay scenarios. people propkilled in the main districts way more than in d6. people also mingeran and did other stupid shit in d6 because they knew thats where they'd get the most attention. realistically, chances are that anything bad that goes on in d6 anyways in terms of rulebreaking wouldnt have done that much damage because the true minges/rulebreakers rarely ever went there

also, how is saying "hey unit, dont go in d6" going to prevent him from rdming a bunch of people? he could do that just as easily anywhere else

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 07:51:36 PM »
even if he was propkilled 9mms dont spawn with ammo and im pretty sure the admin who didn't need to give auths can ban the prop rdm'er instead

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 07:53:32 PM »
still going to stick with no to allowing a unit to go rogue in general unless he has authorisation from say, the owner, like it used to be

rogue units only cause trouble, IC and OOC

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »
even if he was propkilled 9mms dont spawn with ammo and im pretty sure the admin who didn't need to give auths can ban the prop rdm'er instead

or we could just make sure all admins are aware beforehand so at least one person can watch it and stop it before it happens

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »

or we could just make sure all admins are aware beforehand so at least one person can watch it and stop it before it happens

so why allow units to go into d1 because thats preventing propkilling from happening also

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 08:35:32 PM »

so why allow units to go into d1 because thats preventing propkilling from happening also

because it's much less likely to happen in d1 where there are probably at least 1/2 units patrolling and 2/3 sat on the steps as well as other citizens to witness it

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 09:06:58 PM »
what do other players have to do with it when its an administrator issue

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 09:11:20 PM »
what do other players have to do with it when its an administrator issue

it doesnt

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 09:30:35 PM »
my favourite bit is when i walked into a room and an admin looks at me and toggles observer to see my name

omg this was hilarious. admins abusing their powers left and right with this

Anywho, you shouldn't require auths to go rouge. Like what lone said, a cop wouldn't arrest someone just because he /thinks/ something bad is going to happen. If something bad happens which breaks the rules, then deal with it, otherwise, let the playerbase do what they want. Admins have no right to be involved in stepping between roleplay and the playerbase. They should be there only to stop rule breakers and nothing else. If some unit goes rouge IC'ly I /highly/ doubt they'd RDM everyone in D6, as it makes no sense. Perhaps it would make sense to kill the guy who killed your best friend, but slaughtering citizens? Either way, if it's actual RDM, ban them. If no one is RDM'ing/rule breaking, then don't bother anyone.

tl;dr Stop going off the assumption of "what could". Live and let live. If something bad happens, deal with it then.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 09:55:21 PM »
I don't think the fear with units going rogue was that they would abuse their weapons and start RDMing people; I think it had more to do with units who would be, "omg i got a bm, time to go roge".  While I have no problem with units going rogue, I just hope that something is done if someone does it for an illegitimate reason.

Another reason Rogue CPs were so tightly controlled was because the last unit to go rogue (501 I think his digits were) powergamed and Mary Sue'd the shit out of every OTA strike team sent to capture him.  If rogue units were to be left unregulated, the most that could be done is to not give them as much leeway.  After all, they have biochips implanted, and even if they get the courage to cut it out of their bodies, I highly doubt any rebel with two brain cells would be inclined to help someone who would have gladly beat the shit out of them the day before.  Plus, leather boots and bullet-proof vests are all the rage in rebel fashion circles... ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 10:06:36 PM »
this thread is just people who haven't been admin arguing what they would do even though they've never been admin and couldn't really get it

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 10:15:21 PM »
this thread is just people who haven't been admin arguing what they would do even though they've never been admin and couldn't really get it

i thought it was about admin standards in the new server

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 10:16:37 PM »

i thought it was about admin standards in the new server

its people saying what they want but also what doesn't work, people just assuming things about admining hl2rp like we can just let stuff happen and deal with it after, passive admining really doesnt work on something like hl2rp

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 10:23:58 PM »
Wasn't around for what happened here, but how about this:

Re-instate the whole server-specific admin system. Solves it, from what I can see. However; as I said, wasn't around to get into HL2RP.

[Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.]

READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal