Author Topic: Reviving OCRP, YES WE CAN !  (Read 7816 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Reviving OCRP, YES WE CAN !
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 10:07:33 PM »
the unban everyone who was perma'd "solution" is by far not a solution, i dont want every retarded fuck with autism coming back to ocrp (or even any other server if global) and causing trouble again, they were perma'd for a reason and if they feel like the perma was wrong they wouldve made or have made a BA
Unban them, then find the ones who are causing the REAL problems and ban them again... problem solved.

no admin or owner would even agree to unban everyone who was perma'd, it would cause so many damn issues and be a complete waste of time

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »
Unban everyone?  No, just no.

You said to unban everyone and ban all of those who break rules and cause problems still.  The thing is, that would just waste more of the admins' time dealing with players from the past who should still be banned and take away time from new rule breakers.

If we unbanned all of the players who were perma'd it will only cause more problems then it would solve, plus if this suggestion somehow past (I'm 99.9999% sure it won't) it would most likely still cause players to not want to play on the server.  It would more or less give players yet another reason to not play on the server.  That reason would be more minges on the servers to deal with.

You say "I have friends who got perma'd for no reason".  I can maybe see shorter bans that may have been a misunderstanding on the admin's part.  However, there's a ban appeal section for all of those who think they were unjustly banned.

Unbanning all those who got perma'd may make the servers more populated for awhile, and may even bring in new players, but why do that at the cost of the enjoyment of the players?  Plus like said above I'm sure soon after the servers would die out again due to the increase of minges, minges whom should have been taken care of a long time ago that admins have to waste more time on.

So all in all, it solves no problems, it simply adds more of them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:25:45 PM by CrazyNinja »

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 10:40:05 PM »
let's release all the life sentence prisoners from all the prisons in the country. it'll boost the active population. but the problems will be back in the pool, they were already dealt with. why waste more resources dealing with it again?

i'm 99.99999999% sure that you thought about this one day growing by yourself, then you got raided and wished all your autistic perma-banned friends were around to help you. i can never see rofl agreeing to this, or anyone. this is a horrible idea.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 05:02:33 AM »
That is a STUPID suggestion. You should be slapped for saying that. I'd rather have OCRP dead, like Owen, than play a game mode filled with massRDMers, hackers, and exploiters. Think before you speak. The only reason you want it like this is so your autistic friends get unbanned so they can ruin OCRP for their own gain. Don't be so selfish, other people want to enjoy the game mode too without breaking the rules.

Was this post rude? Sure, but I'm going to say it as it is if you are going to be this dumb.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:12 AM »
let's keep the amount of flame in the posts here to a minimum and focus on what can be done by the community to revitalise OCRP yes

Offline Hennep

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 06:52:07 AM »
the unban everyone who was perma'd "solution" is by far not a solution, i dont want every retarded fuck with autism coming back to ocrp (or even any other server if global) and causing trouble again, they were perma'd for a reason and if they feel like the perma was wrong they wouldve made or have made a BA
Unban them, then find the ones who are causing the REAL problems and ban them again... problem solved.
See that's what i mean and about our org there were some people like twixtor and insanely who propkilled and etc these are now permabanned and i've no problem with that but justastar ( michiel haems ) was banned for really 5 minor infractions and like 2 not deserved bans so i really think he deserves to get unbanned and i think owen can support this.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 06:58:08 AM »
We already unbanned a shit loads of people in the switch of ocrp1.5 to ocrp2. OCRP2 has barely been around for 2 months (i think).

Unbanning everybody that got banned in such a little time period. No.
If you have a few friends that would want to start playing again, but are banned, why not just have them post a ban appeal?
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Hennep

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 07:11:04 AM »
our organisation is hated on OCRP but it is a fact we kept OCRP2 alive for a few months. And it is hated because of a few people. Me, Michiel and Jos did barely anything wrong and we had a lot of friend me and jos only got 1 ban in the whole time we played and it was a 12 hours ban i think and Michiel got permabanned for minor infractions. Not our whole organisation were a bunch of CDM and RDM'ers.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 07:22:46 AM »
our organisation is hated on OCRP but it is a fact we kept OCRP2 alive for a few months. And it is hated because of a few people. Me, Michiel and Jos did barely anything wrong and we had a lot of friend me and jos only got 1 ban in the whole time we played and it was a 12 hours ban i think and Michiel got permabanned for minor infractions. Not our whole organisation were a bunch of CDM and RDM'ers.

Exactly. Which is the reason why you (and those other guys you mentioned) are not permanently banned.
Michiel might have gotten permanently banned, but like you're saying, for minor infractions. This means that he got 5 bans, all over 12 hours, within a month. That obviously means he is not fit to play on our server, which resulted in him automatically striking out, and getting permanently banned.

Tell the friends of ours to appeal their ban. Right now ocrp2 is dead, so it might be a smart idea to appeal as soon as possible. Then once the server comes alive again, it might have been a month, and they've dropped down another ban point, for an extra extra chance.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Hennep

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 07:28:34 AM »

Exactly. Which is the reason why you (and those other guys you mentioned) are not permanently banned.
Michiel might have gotten permanently banned, but like you're saying, for minor infractions. This means that he got 5 bans, all over 12 hours, within a month. That obviously means he is not fit to play on our server, which resulted in him automatically striking out, and getting permanently banned.

Tell the friends of ours to appeal their ban. Right now ocrp2 is dead, so it might be a smart idea to appeal as soon as possible. Then once the server comes alive again, it might have been a month, and they've dropped down another ban point, for an extra extra chance.
Michiel got permabanned because he got banned for CrimeRP rule which kronic told doesn't count anymore and would be removed from the rules asap. We couldn't appeal on this because Jos lost the screenshot of Kronic telling us that so we should ask Kronic about this and give michiel another chanche. Also michiels brother ( Seppe Haems ) was banned too because he has the same IP ofc.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »

Michiel got permabanned because he got banned for CrimeRP rule which kronic told doesn't count anymore and would be removed from the rules asap. We couldn't appeal on this because Jos lost the screenshot of Kronic telling us that so we should ask Kronic about this and give michiel another chanche. Also michiels brother ( Seppe Haems ) was banned too because he has the same IP ofc.

If Kronic remember the case, just like I already told you, post a ban appeal and Kronic will respond if he is involved in it.
For Michiel having a brother on the same IP. Have the brother post a ban appeal and include a photo of both of them holding up a paper saying Catalyst Gaming. That way we will know they are actually brothers (and the picture is legit). If you don't want to post the picture publicly (which is understandable), say that you have it, and PM it to one of the administrators that replies to the topic first.

It's not really that hard. Nobody is going to unban the entire server because the failures kept the server a bit alive. These people were also the cause some people left.

Offline Tafikay?3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 10:38:12 AM »
True, give them a last chance and ban the retards. But I think its the only way to get OCRP back alive.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »
True, give them a last chance and ban the retards. But I think its the only way to get OCRP back alive.

not going to happen

if they want to be unbanned they can make an appeal otherwise no

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
For one, OCRP2 hasn't been around long enough for your organization to have single-handedly kept the server alive for a 'few months.' An assertion like that shows an ignorance of the gamemode and a disgusting arrogance. Many people stopped playing OCRP, because they were fed up with organizations that raided other people, and were discouraged by the lack of real, meaningful gameplay, the opposite of sitting around growing all day. If your organization did either of those, which I'm fairly sure they did, then you're part of the problem, not the solution, and you're certainly not the saviors of the day. If you wish to continue seeing yourself in that light, that's your right to, but I strongly urge you to open your eyes to the actual problems we face in OCRP, which no one person or organization, not even you or yours, can fix alone.

If this seems rude, then fine. I find your assertion that you actually contributed something valuable to the gamemode rude.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:55:34 AM by Twidget »
Live free or die

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »
Yeah. I looked through the ban logs from release date (april 20) to the latest OCRP perma (June 22 i think) so in the span of 63 days, only 18 people were permanantly banned for rulebreaking (there were many others but they were all hacks related) many of them mass rdm. So please explain how letting 18 people, most of them mass rdmers, back on the server is going to bring up the population?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal