Author Topic: Fancy New Gamemode Overhaul Ideas  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fancy New Gamemode Overhaul Ideas
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:37:26 PM »
Hello all,

I recently read Statua's polling post about getting a "shiny new custom map" for OCRP. Along with this, I came up with a bunch of ideas I feel would enhance the gamemode by a large amount. Listed below is what I came up with:

1) A very large city with key areas (like the Car Dealership, Police Station, Nexus, Bank, gas station, etc.) located inside it, and then a slightly smaller but more wide open suburban area, with the Industrial Park/area being included as a district in the city. This would greatly help with management of the government, and would allow for more jobs and RP scenarios.

2) Some more government jobs (like a legitimate detective instead of just a Police rank, a forensic analyst, etc.) would also be nice, as well as a "doctor" job, so that Paramedics aren't the ultimate healer. A defibrillator won't bring you back from a gunshot to the chest and extensive blood loss, extensive surgery will. Along with this, maybe make a script that allows paramedics to transport injured people to a hospital (located within the aforementioned city) in their ambulances where said doctor will patch them up. Going somewhat along with this, stricter government laws to (at least kind of) prevent OOC authority abuse.

3) Using a modified version of the paramedic script I just suggested, allow people to kidnap other people by dragging an unconscious (NOT dead, only unconscious) person to their car and pressing a button with the unconscious corpse nearby. Of course, this would involve extending the Unconsciousness Timer, but... You win some, you lose some.

4) Completely overhaul weapons as a whole, and possibly switch the models, names and sounds to their CS:GO counterparts. The current, CS:S-based weapons kind of suck, and they're horridly inaccurate. I was thinking better weapon tier management, more realistic crafting, etc. Also, some more melee weapons (such as a tire iron, lead pipe, crowbar, etc.) would be nice, and a new lockpick model since it uses the crowbar one currently.

5) Alcohol, simply gives you a blurred vision-like screen overlay and makes you stumble when walking and swerve when driving.

All of this goes with expanding the maximum number of players on the server, but it's been done before, so it isn't impossible. Also, if I've broken any posting rules or posted this in the wrong thread/section, feel free to move or remove it accordingly.

With any luck, some (if not all) of these will be added, and with even more luck, it'll revive the gamemode.

Thanks for your time,
-Strelnikov
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:39:22 PM by Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fancy New Gamemode Overhaul Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:54:43 AM »
I suggested a few things like the doctor, the "Devolpers" or lazy gamers I should say denied it because they did not want to code it... I like just about everything in this thread btw.  +SUPPORT!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:56:34 AM by Bish The Draggity »
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 01:57:53 AM »
1 is in the works and 2 can be done well with good RPers
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 04:40:06 AM »
I suggested a few things like the doctor, the "Devolpers" or lazy gamers I should say denied it because they did not want to code it... I like just about everything in this thread btw.  +SUPPORT!
I would imagine that it was denied because it is unnecessary to make it another job when it can be roleplayed, because at this community we believe in roleplay > script. This isn't DarkRP, you have the freedom to play the character you wish to play, and the developers shouldn't have to hand you a guideline on a silver platter for you to be able to do what you wish to do with the gamemode.
Live free or die

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
I would imagine that it was denied because it is unnecessary to make it another job when it can be roleplayed, because at this community we believe in roleplay > script. This isn't DarkRP, you have the freedom to play the character you wish to play, and the developers shouldn't have to hand you a guideline on a silver platter for you to be able to do what you wish to do with the gamemode.
You honestly don't think I know?  I am putting this out there because the player base these days are not based around just RP... I meen really... I am sorry but it should be done simply because it will ad realism and more things to do, people don't rp much on OCRP from what I've seen.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »
1. Working on a map. Dont worry about that.
2. I think we need more unique jobs rather then subjobs that can just e done through RP. People want more ways to make money but we dont need 80% of the server having some sort of police related job. See below for doctor opinion.
3. I dont quite understand this. Arte you basically saying people can transport dying friends to the hospital? Or do you mean when you knock someone unconscious, you can put them in your car?
4. Yes please
5. Meh... I dont recall randomly jerking side to side when I'm drunk. More of just kinda not there and stumbling over the place. I dont know how you could replicate that in a script other then induced lag lol...

The doctor script was denied because of one simple reason. Tow truck gets more action then a doctor would and the towtruck driver is a pretty rare job to see. If doctor was added, it would never be played because whoever was playing him/her would be standing alone in the hospital for a long time..

As for some of the other scripts though that were denied, yeah I don't know what to say.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:32:33 PM by Statua »

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
1. Working on a map. Dont worry about that.
2. I think we need more unique jobs rather then subjobs that can just e done through RP. People want more ways to make money but we dont need 80% of the server having some sort of police related job. See below for doctor opinion.
3. I dont quite understand this. Arte you basically saying people can transport dying friends to the hospital? Or do you mean when you knock someone unconscious, you can put them in your car?
4. Yes please
5. Meh... I dont recall randomly jerking side to side when I'm drunk. More of just kinda not there and stumbling over the place. I dont know how you could replicate that in a script other then induced lag lol...

The doctor script was denied because of one simple reason. Tow truck gets more action then a doctor would and the towtruck driver is a pretty rare job to see. If doctor was added, it would never be played because whoever was playing him/her would be standing alone in the hospital for a long time..

As for some of the other scripts though that were denied, yeah I don't know what to say.
1) Great, can't wait.

2) Good to have dev support, but I really want proper forensics and detective work.

3) Basically yes. Also, it would allow people to more easily kidnap people to create hostage situations which would brighten up gameplay instead of just camping in the suburbs and growing weed/shrooms.

4) Agreed, that's why I suggested it.

5) The jerking to the side would simulate stumbling.

The doctor I was envisioning would have the abilities of the current paramedic, so that paramedics work like actual paramedics: Instead of bringing back the dead, they have to stabilize them enough for transport to a hospital, at which point the doctor heals them fully. That way, paramedics get nerfed. Not enough that it has no incentive to play, just enough that the doctor has a use. Along with this, maybe the doctor and paramedics should get rewards and/or achievements associated with them?
READY AYE READY

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »
Unfortunately, people dying must rely on the fact that there must now be both a paramedic and a doctor on to get revived. This is a good idea for RP, however it wont work unless the server is a MMO and there will always be a doctor.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »
Unfortunately, people dying must rely on the fact that there must now be both a paramedic and a doctor on to get revived. This is a good idea for RP, however it wont work unless the server is a MMO and there will always be a doctor.
If the pay is good... I would do it myself for one, I like passive rp like that.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 12:16:10 AM »
If the pay is good... I would do it myself for one, I like passive rp like that.
Perhaps introduce a system of mandatory jobs, one of which being the Doctor?
READY AYE READY

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 01:03:23 AM »
Nobody wants to be forced to do something.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 01:12:19 AM »
Nobody wants to be forced to do something.
Meh, fair enough. Perhaps an NPC of a Doctor, located at the hospital so that paramedics still have to transport victims instead of just healing a shotgun to the chest with a defibrillator? What I'm thinking is, they load the body/unconscious person into their ambulance, and then once they reach the hospital, they unload said corpse/unconscious person, drag them over to the Doctor and interact with him which will, in turn, bring up a menu requiring the paramedic to select an option like "heal this patient" or something. That, OR, assuming OCRP gets popular again, there will probably be a doctor at all times, so... Yeah. Also, on a side note, even if there's no doctor, the paramedic can still heal them slightly. COMPLETELY NEW IDEA: Paramedics can wake unconscious people up, but if they're dead, they require a doctor. This would go hand-in-hand with the "kidnapping" script I suggested earlier, because there's now no longer a wake-up timer. A paramedic can wake you up and heal you slightly, but if you die/are injured too much after being woken up, you need a doctor.
READY AYE READY

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal