Author Topic: Viscerators  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Viscerators
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »

Hello, yes I am here to suggest Viscerators, or more commonly known as manhacks. Manhacks are something that are aerial based and used to flush targets out of confined areas like tunnels, sewers, buildings and such. In small numbers, they are not as big a problem at they may be fended off, however they can be quite tricky with their humming bird like movements of zipping about and razor sharp rotating blade to quite literally, as their name implies; eviscerate.  However in larger quantities can be very fatal and can easy over whelm targets.

Now, I could sit here and suggest using them as NPC's but nobody likes that idea and that's pretty dumb. So what I am actually suggesting it making them like scanners. You can get them at a certain rank in the CCA or maybe have it OTA restricted playable classes. We have terminology for it in the CCA yet we never use them or see them. They are apart of canon and can be used with good reason, so I fail to see why it would not be added. It has purpose for both HL2rp servers. It can be used in City during code blacks and possibly reds to flush people out of the sewers and maybe areas of P3. It can also be used in Outlands as a means to escape the usual lolOTA raids or exogen events.

We have quite literally never had a Viscerator event in outlands and I think it would be something out of the norm and fun. Seeing at due to their compact build they may crash into things without being too badly damaged and the Valley is large enough where everyone can run away from them. Also due to their small structure there will always be an air of danger due to them being able to slip into places that you would never guess like chimneys, which the buildings in the valley do indeed have.

All in all, this has potential for a lot of good RP and something out of the normal. The names wouldn't be too hard either. Just like: UU.OTA-VISCERATOR.##### or C17.CCA.S4-VISCERATOR.###

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 11:16:03 AM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Viscerators
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:43:06 AM »
It's possible to be implemented into the script.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »
I think it would be cool. There was nothing more scary in Half Life 2 then when you're in a tight environment and suddenly hear the whirling and clicking of a manhack.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »
Sexy Frog does open up a large gap in the Canon that has never really been looked over. It would be cool for S4L or OTA to use Viscerators to flush out P3 instead of OTA going gun-ho inside. It can also provide a chance for people in the Outlands to give them the slight courage fueled by ignorance to fight back against these Viscerators and possibly create something from the remains.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:42:44 PM »
They can be dispatched with like two shots though, I'd think getting a script that makes them friendly to union affiliates and using NPC's would be better and in combination let some players use them for rp combat situations.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
They can be dispatched with like two shots though, I'd think getting a script that makes them friendly to union affiliates and using NPC's would be better and in combination let some players use them for rp combat situations.
No. NPC cannot and will never be able to role play with, they don't wait for you to RP and the only time this can be used properly is if proper role players are doing it. Not to mention the current lack of crosshairs already make shooting anything a pain.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »
No. NPC cannot and will never be able to role play with, they don't wait for you to RP and the only time this can be used properly is if proper role players are doing it. Not to mention the current lack of crosshairs already make shooting anything a pain.

Maybe if you read my post properly I suggested a combination of NPC's and player controlled ones. Unless you want a quarter of the server population being manhacks then you're not going to get the full effect of viscerators. Secondly, the whole point of not having a crosshair is for realism and as we play on roleplay I don't see the issue.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 07:53:54 PM »
Maybe it can be coded to where the Player Manhacks control the NPC manhacks using a tool that I have seen before in the workshop and have used. I think it was called the NPC controller. But i'll try to provide a link when I come across it.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
 Instead of controlling a individual mahack, why not control a group of manhacks that are spreaded apart? I mean, that would be a nice feature.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »

Maybe if you read my post properly I suggested a combination of NPC's and player controlled ones. Unless you want a quarter of the server population being manhacks then you're not going to get the full effect of viscerators. Secondly, the whole point of not having a crosshair is for realism and as we play on roleplay I don't see the issue.
Realism only works if we have Iron sites. Cross hairs are needed for OOC reasons, its a bitch to know where you are aiming OOCly if you're trying to S2M or S2K(Like with NPCs).

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
Instead of controlling a individual mahack, why not control a group of manhacks that are spreaded apart? I mean, that would be a nice feature.

Thats what I mean by coding. Just implementing the NPC tool would cause it to control just one manhack.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 03:12:52 AM »
Why don't we just... Make them stronger? Have a lovely project with Logistics to make durable manhacks? Maybe SYNTH ones for OL?

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
Id love to rp one with my ota but it would almost be impossible for a p3 rat to fend off or hide from with a knife.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
Id love to rp one with my ota but it would almost be impossible for a p3 rat to fend off or hide from with a knife.
This would cause them to make more improvised weapons like lead pipes and clubs to fend them off.
It'd also inspire groups in P3 due to them not being able to fend them off otherwise(Like what OTA should be doing in Outlands).

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »
It'd be possible to make a swarm of viscerators - like you control one and the others in the swarm follow it. This way, you could send them forwards, but you could also stop them and give the target time to finish their /me or roleplay.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal