Author Topic: District Passes  (Read 12705 times)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: District Passes
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »
That's another thing, people should actually stay and roleplay in P1 now that P1 actually has some value over P2-P3, people always value something more when it is limited by social status or by the roleplaying skill to gain it.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 02:43:27 PM »
This is a fantastic idea. I envision a City 17 where a citizen getting access to P1 and the nice Hotel in the area qualifies for bragging rights. To a Loyalist, P1 should be the upper-class, well-protected, crime-free area and should be seen as a reward for serving the Union well.

Bob: "Hey, Joe. I got in to Precinct One!"
Bob shows off his shiny new P1 pass.
Joe: "Darn, maybe if I get enough loyalist points, I can earn my way there too!"

With bragging rights comes eliteism. With eliteism comes jealousy. With jealousy comes murder. What causes the murder and supports the murder of Loyal Citizens? Webuls. And there could be a large spike/increase of them killing loyal citizens and taking their passes only to get inside these special sectors without having to be checked for points. The bad part is, they may even forget that they are webuls and might just become "Loyalist". So they would've destroyed someone's developed character only to have their cause abandoned, which is a monumental waste. You would never know if that loyalist could be the next Sectorial or he could be the next CWU Organizer, or the new face of the Anti-Citizens.

Nobody says that a PK/charban will be enforced in such a situation. Unless it's some special occasion you can always try talking with the person who killed you and negotiate to NLR.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 02:55:32 PM »
NLR will always cause issues, if you kill a loyalist for their pass, and they respawn and then get their loyality pass or whatever again, that's literally endless loyalist passes, so eventually all the unloyal people will have one too
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:42:09 AM by Smt »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »
NLR will always cause issues, if you kill a loyalist for their pass, and they reason and then get their loyality pass or whatever again, that's literally endless loyalist passes, so eventually all the unloyal people will have one too

Theoretically, the script can save the card's item ID into the loyalist's datafile, and the loyalist can then go to a CCA unit and have it disabled. Not sure if that'd be good or bad.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »
CityRP is going to slant even further toward being a loyalist circlejerk, I can see most quality roleplayers either sitting in P1 or trying to get in. We need some concrete incentives for players to continue to travel to P2 and P3. Perhaps with the implementation of hungermod, we could have contraband food sold in P2/3 that fills up the hunger bar more/longer. Or, if tokens are going to be more valuable, we could have the best-paying jobs located in P2/3.

I'm concerned that you guys are going to make hl2rp too centered around P1, similar to how it was in C45. If it was up to me, I would be thinking of ways to get the most out of the entire map, not just one portion of it.
o7

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 04:07:39 PM »
CityRP is going to slant even further toward being a loyalist circlejerk, I can see most quality roleplayers either sitting in P1 or trying to get in. We need some concrete incentives for players to continue to travel to P2 and P3. Perhaps with the implementation of hungermod, we could have contraband food sold in P2/3 that fills up the hunger bar more/longer. Or, if tokens are going to be more valuable, we could have the best-paying jobs located in P2/3.

I'm concerned that you guys are going to make hl2rp too centered around P1, similar to how it was in C45. If it was up to me, I would be thinking of ways to get the most out of the entire map, not just one portion of it.

I think most of that came out of everybody sitting in P3 away from the CCA, so we gave more reasons to stay in the plaza area, which overshot a little.

I'm thinking a balance would work as follows:

P3 has jobs of higher pay, but much higher danger due to anticitizens mugging people, stores being robbed, and less-common patrols.

P1 has lower paying jobs and food of less quality, but due to the proximity to the nexus and the limited allowance of people within it, it would be the safest of the two choices.

One seeking the wealth to buying a P1 pass, or paying people to help smuggle them in, would have to work at places that are mostly secured by hired help, or not at all. This would create a slightly anarchistic locale for people to work in, they need to pay for food somehow.

(I don't like having it that insecure, but I think it's the only way to balance it.)

Once access into P1 has been acquired, they have to deal with lower paying service jobs, cleaning up after Civil Workers, being dishwashers or busboys, or in some rare cases, shop owners themselves.

P1 is safer, but less gain comes.

P3 is unsafe, but has jobs of better pay.

The CCA, as it does now, mostly sticks to P1 and P2 and only goes into P3 when called upon or during times of civil unrest.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:10:30 PM by Riemer »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 08:13:01 PM »
Not everyone wants a job, Riemer.
I honestly won't be setting up a shop because I don't enjoy the RP.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »

the idea was to have non-UU shops established in p3 that'll be selling food in the first place that'll be cheaper than CWU products, don't jump to conclusions that we're trying to focus on RP in precinct 1

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 11:46:39 PM »

Neither do people in real life, but they still need to eat.

But I'm sure other ways to make money will come up, either of the illegal sort or not.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 03:39:38 AM »
I don't see this being too good of an idea. I mean, whene I usually hop onto the City server nowadays, I'll head into P3, as per usual on my characters that aren't so loyal and need to do he majority of their stuff there, and I'm usually stuck by myself because half the population is units, and the rest of the citizens are sittin on benches, cleaning stuff, or doing something else in P1. Now, with the addition of a district pass, I won't even be able to go to P1 on the occasion I'm desperate enough to risk the danger there to get some roleplay with another person. Most of the roleplay I see when I get on the server happens in P1. Locking the few people that aren't licking the Union's boots out of there because they aren't doing the Union's bidding all the time doesn't seem like a very good choice to me.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2013, 04:01:17 AM »
I don't see this being too good of an idea. I mean, whene I usually hop onto the City server nowadays, I'll head into P3, as per usual on my characters that aren't so loyal and need to do he majority of their stuff there, and I'm usually stuck by myself because half the population is units, and the rest of the citizens are sittin on benches, cleaning stuff, or doing something else in P1. Now, with the addition of a district pass, I won't even be able to go to P1 on the occasion I'm desperate enough to risk the danger there to get some roleplay with another person. Most of the roleplay I see when I get on the server happens in P1. Locking the few people that aren't licking the Union's boots out of there because they aren't doing the Union's bidding all the time doesn't seem like a very good choice to me.

sir y dont u read thread properly and see biolocks

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2013, 04:28:47 AM »

Neither do people in real life, but they still need to eat.

But I'm sure other ways to make money will come up, either of the illegal sort or not.
I love getting a job and working in a roleplay game where I'm supposed to escape from reality after I work in real life so I keep fed

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »

It's still HL2RP, you can do every illegal thing you can think of providing you have the imagination and the backstory.

Go make a mafia, mug people, reenact Breaking Bad in the sewers and cook drugs. I really don't care as long as you don't lolspawn stuff.

Or you can donate for 50k tokens because the economy is a joke anyway.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 12:20:58 PM by Riemer »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
Thought I'll update you on the progress of this. I coded both the forcefields and the configurable locks - but the way how forcefields work tends to crash the physics engine. Due to that, forcefields won't go out for now, until it's fixed. The locks, however, will come in the next update.

Moved to accepted suggestions, locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal