Author Topic: [COMPLETE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f - download available on opening of server!  (Read 27749 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
EXTRACT TO ADDONS: http://www.mediafire.com/?ll9ilvjatjt4jie

In a couple of months I plan to release the next version and I'm just looking for input on what should be added.

A particular focus is being placed on enhancing RP for the citizens in this version.

Any and all suggestions are welcome as well as bug reports (no matter how small).

Feature list:
Overhaul the Civil Administration office.
Reform the current 'testing room' as a biotechnology lab for NOVA (currently being used by some units as forensics lab).
Add in HL2-style apartments. *sigh*
Add in a loyalist institute targeted at characters who have proven their loyalty to the Universal Union.
Add in a factory for citizens to work in.
Add vehicle express tunnel which connects to P3 via P1.
Create secure storage space for GRID either in the Mechanical Operations Centre or Garage.
Renovate several facilities to be in accordance with the current IC context.
Complete new canal system in P3.
Replace the armory door with a non-handled door. (handled doors can be shot and opened)

Issues:
Acid pit which caused a glitch that removed the player's death cam.
Upper garage doors used to slide into the adjacent storeroom.
Lower garage door no longer slides into the HCMR.
Sprites in corridor leading to ZEALOT control room were misplaced and did not have the intended effect.
Invisible blocks next to thumper outside UCH which clips to the player.
Garage elevator has a 4 second delay before going back down. (switch it to toggle, remove delay)
Backroom doors of Foto and Cafe Baltic are non-responsive to regular players. (got no clue how to fix this lol, probably mapdata problem)
Cubemaps aren't in the map because I didn't pakrat the map and did it all manually. Not a major issue but it still makes it look dull in some places.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:14:03 AM by OzJackal »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:08:52 PM »
I find the small balcony/catwalk on the side of the UCH somewhat useless, even thinking about it, I can't really find anything positive worth keeping it there.

To add to Civvie RP.. I would suggest opening up the map more, in the Diordna section, that walled off place, we could add another HAP w/ forcefield there, and have it continue on, with more buildings and such.

I was thinking it could contain another sewar enterance, another (small) appartment building, and mabye a store or two (with small hidden rooms or something)

I'm getting this idea from City8, which was incredibly fun to play on.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
I find the small balcony/catwalk on the side of the UCH somewhat useless, even thinking about it, I can't really find anything positive worth keeping it there.

I suggested it as an access point for when the UCH is locked, so a team can move in from both the main entrance and the side entrance. Its just there so you can land when you use the door, instead of falling to your death.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »
Add a lounge to the uch similar to the one in c18. You need to support citizen RP AS MUCH, if not MORE then CCA RP.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »
In response to a 'petition' being passed around and finally landing in my inbox and after consulting some of the Civil Administrators, it looks like we'll be getting a loyalist institute which will focus on building away from the criminal side of things and bolster the dwindling loyalist population in the city.

In this institute, loyalists will be able to mingle safely away from those who are less enlightened and will enjoy such amenities as a swimming pool, private ration distribution center and private lodgings and will be free to converse with Civil Administrators as long as a security clearance is obtained. Of course, it goes without saying that regular citizens will need to work to prove their loyalty in order to gain access to this institute. Loyalists will be encouraged to elect a spokesperson to represent their common interests and goals in closed meetings with the Civil Administration office.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 04:50:34 PM »
Megusta... That's what I like to see. Citizen support.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f - suggestions go here!
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 04:57:35 AM »
There are a rising number of threads scattered over the forum and I think it's time that I officially opened the next update up for community input.

Feel free to post any and all constructive suggestions.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 05:00:11 AM »
Add an execution area for Public executions, seeing as we need one so public executions can be done properly.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 05:42:07 AM »
If we're going to start throwing in things such as pools and 'fancy lounges in the loyalist areas, the CCA are going to have to seriously up the requirements to actually gain loyalist points. Rather than scrubbing a window for two minutes while a unit watches, somehow making you more loyal too the Union...

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
If we're going to start throwing in things such as pools and 'fancy lounges in the loyalist areas, the CCA are going to have to seriously up the requirements to actually gain loyalist points. Rather than scrubbing a window for two minutes while a unit watches, somehow making you more loyal too the Union...

That's implying that units will even give out the loyalist points in the first place.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »
I think we should add some rooms or apartments in the loyalist institution for the workers to live in maybe. Also I like to suggest adding something for the UU maybe they can spawn at the citadel or something  and if possible if  they can have there own meeting room there, it can also be connected with the UED room.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »
Suggestion: (Small) room for Apex in the Nexus. Maybe it could have that map-like thing the HCMR has, aswell as an overlook of the plaza. Workspace for stuff.

How this will benefit RP: Well, since Apex is the only division that does NOT have a private room/section yet, i guess it could have apex units be more at that location doing passive rp (watching over plaza, paperwork), aswell as having to maintain a room.

edit: also a cool floor in that room like zealots
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:27:45 PM by .apex »

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
Please, please, don't add a whole loyalist building. You're only going to seperate the population into even smaller segments. You'll have the people who predominately spend time in P3, people in the Plaza, and then loyalists in their own seperate hangout area. It is already difficult enough to consolidate the citizen population into the two precincts.

With the large number of CCA that are now constantly on the server the citizen population is noticably smaller and there are two main attractions currently for citizens. The UCH, and The Castle. Each attracting their respective types of citizens, the plaza is already fairly loyalist in mentallity so there is no need to seperate them out even further.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
Please, please, don't add a whole loyalist building. You're only going to seperate the population into even smaller segments. You'll have the people who predominately spend time in P3, people in the Plaza, and then loyalists in their own seperate hangout area. It is already difficult enough to consolidate the citizen population into the two precincts.

With the large number of CCA that are now constantly on the server the citizen population is noticably smaller and there are two main attractions currently for citizens. The UCH, and The Castle. Each attracting their respective types of citizens, the plaza is already fairly loyalist in mentallity so there is no need to seperate them out even further.

LoyalistRP as of now is sit on the bench in front of the Nexus and do nothing. With the new map update, the loyalists will have a place to go and PassiveRP. Rebels/Criminals/Whatever you call them go to P3 and do their stuff. I see where you are coming from, and how you don't want less people coming to The Castle, but loyalists don't generally go into P3, seeing how they are loyalists. This update was also aimed towards loyalists, as I was told.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal