Author Topic: [COMPLETE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f - download available on opening of server!  (Read 27753 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f - suggestions go here!
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 05:48:42 AM »
If the entcount is higher on this new version I will shoot you.

Do NOT add physics props to spawn at the start of the map. The script will remove them as well as it causes more shit that is not needed.

^

We already have to remove people's props and items, I can't help but feel all these suggestions will make it a lot worse, my suggestion is simply to try optimzing the map as much as possible yes...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:53:26 AM by Smt »

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »
A gangplank on the nexus, for throwing people off.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »
Perhaps you could remove the CWU HQ from P2, move the garage closer, and combine the CWU HQ with the loyalist building so they can converse, perhaps split a little bit of for the CWU if needed.

That way if CWU ever needed a hand with something, they'd find the most trustful people in the city right there next to them. They could also open a shop in the loyalist building which would be an added perk for loyalists.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:39:41 AM by Turian Councilor/Moon »

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »
I am thinking there should be a stand so citizens can be executed publicly.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »
Like i said, Gangplank. You can toss citizens off, shoot them and watch them fall, or set up a noose and let 'em hang.

I agree with that whole idea involving the CWU as well. Merge the CWU building with the loyalist building. and turn the old cwu into.... i don't know... lol (i'd remove that whole wing of the map. it serves rather no purpose, with the nexus garage being empty 100% of the time.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
A gangplank can easily be made on the roof with just a single prop, no need to map it in

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »
How about props in the hotel so people can have decorations without a tool.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:16:52 PM by Howard Biggs »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »
How about props in the hotel so people can have decorations without a tool.

We already have too many entities in the map, adding more for the hell of it won't help anytihng

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
The sewers is a nice place, but not nice enough to have good stationary rp there. Coming from a sewer dweller on my vortigaunt I always set up my usual spot under a dimly lit red light, just to have enough light to work with what I have. My suggestion is cut down some unneeded rooms in the sewer. Without a light source they are almost not even being used. Also that partially submerged room which came with the newer map is nice but, is too dark and also wet. Wet meaning my char and others don't feel like standing in stagnated water for hours. So if keeping that room instead of cutting it, I suggest raising it a little so that its not under water.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »
I think that all the rooms in the apartments should have a tool which makes all CPS hear what you say.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
A loyalist precinct is no longer a viable option due to the current entity count. An area dedicated for loyalists is still possible, though there is another option that would attempt to amalgamate and merge criminals, citizens and loyalists together.

The idea would be that I remove all of Precinct 3 and rebuild it to have this style:
Click to see the original size.

Obviously there will still be concerns with how I can say 'no' to a loyalist district, yet offer to overhaul an integral part of the City. Citizen RP is stale as many of us know and I want to try and facilitate the growth of planned businesses and groups which have a goal for the long-term. Splitting the player base by naming districts after a particular group isn't going to do any favors for the overall quality of roleplay so I am suggesting that the districts be merged into each other for loyalists and citizens to access of their own free will. The risk to enter is ultimately an IC decision.

Implications
  • Precinct 1 and 3 are seamlessly integrated and the Civil Authority would be able to extend their reach to a location that would be canonically accessible and under control. It doesn't make sense for the Combine to take over Earth in seven hours, so why should keeping control of one district be such a daily struggle?
  • Citizens would be able to set up businesses or work organisations in areas which would be designed to cater for a high flow of traffic.
  • Less of a one-dimensional feel to the map. There's only one escape route in the current map for every building. The stresses of planning criminal endeavors and organizing Civil Protection stings against the community would increase sharply with a tightly connected network of alleys.
  • The threat of survivalists versus the more peaceful citizens would present many interesting opportunities. Pulling a passerby into a darkened alleyway seems rather enticing, doesn't it? Mugging is a valid form of roleplay, so long as it is done to the correct standard. Avoid these muggings could become part of a loyalist initiative to form a neighbourhood watch.
  • It's more than possible to cut the entire space of P3 down to half the area whilst packing in more content.

Issues
  • Obviously there will be a considerable amount of time before this can become a reality. I can release the map as it is with a loyalist area connected to the Civil Workers Union OR we can delay that release until everything is together. (Two map updates with added features or one large update with all features, you decide.)
  • Many of us have our characters' stories connected to landmarks in Precinct 3. While I can definitely put in similar facilities in the proposed version, the backstory of Precinct 3 will be forever altered.
  • In order for this proposal to be deemed a success, citizens will have to want to improve the standard of roleplay that many have concerns about. I wish I could build as many custom gang hideouts as people want but ultimately it's the community's choice to make the most of the map.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:22:10 AM by OzJackal »

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
Well, doing this would certainly make resistance RP what it is supposed to be, hushed up and quiet. Making it so that the CP's can patrol everywhere would force resistance groups to actually be somewhat interesting, despite how hard they try not to be. I grow tired of wandering around P3 on a citizen character and seeing groups of people going around wearing armbands and putting up spray tags of their group. I am for your idea of change, Jackal.

Overall it would improve the quality of roleplay on the server, and those rebel groups that are always out in the open about resisting would be crushed easily, as they should be, whereas resistance groups that are actually thought out and planned may actually have a chance of success.  ;D

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 08:38:36 AM »
Edit: CCA housing can work. I mean we cram all the Citizens in the UCH, and we have a ratio so theres no need for a condo suite.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:47:44 AM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline NykezTV

• HUGME
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »
Add more secret shit.

People love secret shit.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 04:16:54 PM »
I fully support the notion of getting rid of P3 and doing what you suggested, I agree with Sectus, it will improve the roleplay tenfold.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal