Author Topic: [COMPLETE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f - download available on opening of server!  (Read 27752 times)

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f - suggestions go here!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »

LoyalistRP as of now is sit on the bench in front of the Nexus and do nothing. With the new map update, the loyalists will have a place to go and PassiveRP. Rebels/Criminals/Whatever you call them go to P3 and do their stuff. I see where you are coming from, and how you don't want less people coming to The Castle, but loyalists don't generally go into P3, seeing how they are loyalists. This update was also aimed towards loyalists, as I was told.

I'm not worried that it will effect the population of P3, it won't. However its going to break P1 which already has a small population. With The Castle around citizen population has been rougly split 50/50 between P1 and P3. If you take that 50% population and split it its going to become even smaller. And when we only have 20 citizens on (Which is a lot) you are going to have 5 people sitting around the plaza doing absolutely nothing because there simply aren't enough people to roleplay with.

Instead of creating places on the map for loyalist how about the admin team as a whole focus on creating unique roleplay oppurtunities like events. There are a huge number of admins here at CG but there is never a real attempt to create roleplay by them. Loyalist roleplay isn't boring because they only have the benches to sit on. Its boring because there is NOTHING for them to do!

I was the same way for citizen roleplay, but I stepped up and created The Castle and fixed that problem. Either someone needs to step up and do the same for the loyalist/CWU side of things or the admins need to step in and help out.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »

LoyalistRP as of now is sit on the bench in front of the Nexus and do nothing. With the new map update, the loyalists will have a place to go and PassiveRP. Rebels/Criminals/Whatever you call them go to P3 and do their stuff. I see where you are coming from, and how you don't want less people coming to The Castle, but loyalists don't generally go into P3, seeing how they are loyalists. This update was also aimed towards loyalists, as I was told.

I'm not worried that it will effect the population of P3, it won't. However its going to break P1 which already has a small population. With The Castle around citizen population has been rougly split 50/50 between P1 and P3. If you take that 50% population and split it its going to become even smaller. And when we only have 20 citizens on (Which is a lot) you are going to have 5 people sitting around the plaza doing absolutely nothing because there simply aren't enough people to roleplay with.

Instead of creating places on the map for loyalist how about the admin team as a whole focus on creating unique roleplay oppurtunities like events. There are a huge number of admins here at CG but there is never a real attempt to create roleplay by them. Loyalist roleplay isn't boring because they only have the benches to sit on. Its boring because there is NOTHING for them to do!

I was the same way for citizen roleplay, but I stepped up and created The Castle and fixed that problem. Either someone needs to step up and do the same for the loyalist/CWU side of things or the admins need to step in and help out.

Admins shouldn't have to spoon feed rp to everyone 24/7. With the new update that is going to come out, little to no one will be in plaza. It won't be split up because everyone will either be in the new precinct or P3.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »
I agree with COW because he is right all the loyalists do are sit outside and wait, There should be diffrent places where Loyalists , Crminals ,May be even rebels! (They count as crimanils but a higher class) That wouldb e great.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »

Admins shouldn't have to spoon feed rp to everyone 24/7. With the new update that is going to come out, little to no one will be in plaza. It won't be split up because everyone will either be in the new precinct or P3.

No, they don't need to spoon feed RP, but they do need to create roleplay that players can't otherwise create.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »

No, they don't need to spoon feed RP, but they do need to create roleplay that players can't otherwise create.

The only difference with admins is that they have the /event command. Everything else is just for administrating. I don't really see what you expect from the admins to give you, considering that they just have one tool that really doesn't do much (/event).
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:24 PM »
/event does a lot of things, that's why it's so generic

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
Alright cool. You want an event? Lets go make an event. Sweet. Ok what event do you want that doesn't have to do with the following:
-infection (takes a lot of time and communication and can go on for weeks)
-breach of xenos (unrealistic and overdone)
-destroying a building (overdone)

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »
Don't forget power outages and weather events.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 01:31:30 PM »
Alright cool. You want an event? Lets go make an event. Sweet. Ok what event do you want that doesn't have to do with the following:
-infection (takes a lot of time and communication and can go on for weeks)
-breach of xenos (unrealistic and overdone)
-destroying a building (overdone)

I would actually prefer none of those. I've offered multiple times to GIVE admins /events to do and the only two admins to say they would do it were Jonco and RTLK. RTLK and I started a pretty cool storm event last night, I started it and he took and ran with it and it was fairly awesome. And before you say "No one would roleplay that." People DID roleplay that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:37:41 PM by Old Greg »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »
Please keep in mind that this is a map suggestions thread, not one for event suggestions - there are at least two threads which can handle posts like that.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »
Barracks please... I'm surprised we don't have one.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Nifae

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
While creating such additions it's painfully required to consider the map's limits as well as the limits of the source engine. As I'm aware there's a predefined limit on things such as brushes and such that would eventually fill up as you're adding new things, yes? As a roleplay server it's important to cater to all sorts of roleplay. Most things like barracks can be done with some clever prop-work and not have to take up any of the map's available resource pool, thus letting said resources go to better things that could benefit the entire server.

Back to catering to all roleplay, it's important to sort of split the map's additions up "evenly". Not in a mathematical sense, but in a sense that if it doesn't contribute to the roleplay and such of multiple people, and types of people, it might not be worth it to waste resources on it. Instead, they could go to an addition to a building in a place that would aid everyone in their roleplay. Adding dozens of rooms onto the Nexus would be nice for the units and all, but that can be done with clever prop-work, and the majority of people who aren't units would never see those rooms, and thus, their roleplay would not be increased or altered at all after the addition of said rooms, wasting potential resources.

When you cater too much to one faction or group of people, the others will become restless and unhappy. It's important to find a nice middle-ground.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »
If the entcount is higher on this new version I will shoot you.

Do NOT add physics props to spawn at the start of the map. The script will remove them as well as it causes more shit that is not needed.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
If the new Loyalist Center is going to allow for Civil Administrator's to speak in more private sessions with loyalists, there's going to need to be a secure way to get there, no? I wouldn't want to have to organize an OTA squad of 3+ and get auths to go speak to some loyalists there. Maybe a secure tunnel system?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Over_Watch. Buy me CS:GO!

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 10:48:20 PM »
Suggestion
1.I like the idea that loyalist could chat or do what ever there But I see to many rebels camping out there.

2.Adding cat walks over plaza like city 18.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:54:51 PM by Over_Watch_Saint »
I demand someone to make me a Signature!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal