Author Topic: Battlefield 3 vs. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Who will win?  (Read 19991 times)

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Battlefield 3 vs. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Who will win?
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
Not to mention...

As many of you know that both games will have a social gaming network. Battlelog for Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Elite for Call of Duty MW3. Battlelog will hopefully stay free. But check out the:

Hardened Edition. It comes with the game a bunch of books and a 1 year CoDElite Card for 99.99$. The game is about 60$ the book papers are about 3$ and the box and all that shit is about 5-10$. Where is the rest of the money? The money went for that stupid elite card which allows you to download ALL DLCs available for MW3 for ONLY 1 year and you will more functions on CoDElite.

Short said, MW3 comes out, you get the card you activate it, the 1st dlc comes like a half year after the game went live and you will be able to play for only about 6-7 months for 40$.

GG Activision/Infinity Ward

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »
I believe that COD will pull off more sales, simply because the brand name is far more popular, and it attracts a massive audience.

But gameplay, I think that BF3 will have the better. COD should have ended at MW2 to stop the repetitive shooting. The variance in the gamemodes is tiny, in all gamemodes you'll find people there for kills regardless of the objective.

BF3 will be the better game, COD will get more sales.
COD will be sold for the name, not the content.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Shriio

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
I have to say mw3 bacause ive played call of duty since world at war.
What?
You don't have to, just because you played since "World at war," doesn't give you a reason to say COD? (Not because it's wrong.)
Or is it just me?

(Any way... Battlefield 3 IS AWESOME! Nvm)
Cerwin Vega AL 1000 x2, NAD Compact Disc Player C 521, NAD Digital Preamplifier 118, NAD Stereo Power Amplifier 128 THX

Offline Shriio

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »
Would be awesome if we could make a vote!
Cerwin Vega AL 1000 x2, NAD Compact Disc Player C 521, NAD Digital Preamplifier 118, NAD Stereo Power Amplifier 128 THX

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2011, 01:24:38 PM »
Or perhaps we should move on to a new style of games instead of a bunch of shooters that look the same? I am an avid BF fan, but to me BF3 looks exactly lake the bad company series, which wasn't as good(IMO) as the core 3 BF's.

We should move on from games like COD and to games like minecraft, sims, and other shit that is different than a look and shoot game. At least with say, total war or company of heroes(both extremely good games of which i love) you put strategy in it and it is a different perspective.
what

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »
Or perhaps we should move on to a new style of games instead of a bunch of shooters that look the same? I am an avid BF fan, but to me BF3 looks exactly lake the bad company series, which wasn't as good(IMO) as the core 3 BF's.

We should move on from games like COD and to games like minecraft, sims, and other shit that is different than a look and shoot game. At least with say, total war or company of heroes(both extremely good games of which i love) you put strategy in it and it is a different perspective.

TL;DR:  RTS > FPS

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »
No? Counter Strike: Global Offensive will knock the water off both of them. Err... I mean Battlefield 3. MW3 still uses that outdated engine, because they are too damn lazy to create another one. All they care about is money. That's it. Unlike Battlefield 3, they take pride in their work. That's why it's so sexy and sleek looking.

Thats what all businesses care about, is just money.  Also so what if the graphics aren't as good? Graphics dont make a game, plus they do this for a reason, for better fps and smooth gameplay.

- If you like a fast paced arcade like FPS with smooth gameplay,  get Call of Duty MW3

- If you want a slightly more realistic game and use strategy and teamwork, get battlefield 3

- If you don't want neither, get something else like skyrim or etc...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pick one of the above or all of the above and don't complain and play the one you like.  Like I said before, I am getting both because I like the key features from both games so I'm getting both.  Just play one and stop bitching about the other, thats my opinion.  If you complain about another game you will only cause a flame war (like i already said).  Why even bother to complain and lower yourself to all the annoying simple minded fan-boys?  Just play the one you enjoy and don't bitch about the one you hate, no point in it.  Think a game is a waste of money?  Well thats your opinion, but for many other gamers, like me, I am getting both and i don't think neither of them are a waste of money.  Nuff said
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:54:13 PM by CrazyNinja »

Offline Mad_ta

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »
COD is based more on run and gun and streaks and theres just a shitload of camping cause they all want to get a high kill streak and have a nerdgasm: "AMG I GOT MESELF AU 23 KILLLLL STREEEAKKK AUMMGGGG".  wereas BF3 is more tactical and team played and is more realistic.

its all a choice of preferences

fyi: you should add a poll ;)
If you\'re tryna troll me I feel bad for you son, I got 99 jimmies and your post rustled none.

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2011, 11:19:32 PM »

Men Of War kicks COH's ass IMO
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2011, 11:21:40 PM »
Okay guys, I know who shall win.
Halo 4. Why?
Because Master chief is back baby!
(inb4darkisanidiotandhaloizghey)

But really, this year, BF3. Wait, it is this year right?
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 01:09:24 AM »
No doubt Battlefield 3 will destroy MW3.

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 01:11:40 AM »
Episode Battlefield 3

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2011, 01:19:17 AM »
I love the BF3 gameplay but the problem is that it crashes on me at the lowest setting. MW3 will just be another half assed Call of Doody dissapointment. I love BF3 and no game had brought my computer to it's knees. I just cannot play because it just randomly crashes at even the lowest graphical settings.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2011, 11:41:25 AM »
LOL Knoxed you are so right man WHERE ARE YOU EPISODE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »
If they'll add actual menu instead of Battle Log in BF3, it has pretty big chances to win. Otherwise, it won't work for about 80% of people.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal