Author Topic: 9/11 : Lest we never forget  (Read 15812 times)

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 9/11 : Lest we never forget
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
The ban wouldnt have been as bad if he would have admitted to it.
Anyways on topic: Yes I believe there were threats, but were denied.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »
RIP to those who lost their lives 10 years ago today. You will always be remembered by me, your family, loved ones and all other Americans.

9/11 helped America a lot. Living back before the event happened is not the same as it is now. Everything has changed to keep us safe. God Bless America.

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2011, 04:20:46 AM »
Found out that my dad lost a good friend, saw the commemorations in New York, heart breaking whatever your nationality. England lost the 2nd highest amount of people, before America, which gives us a reason to mourn them.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Nespc

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2011, 05:32:42 AM »
Rip those who died by the cause of 9/11 and i hope those terrorists are burning in hell right now =3
Characters profiles\r\n\r\nNone: **** i 4got to log on 4 2 long xD

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:40 AM »
3,000 People died (approx) in 9/11. This is indeed a tragic event, but I'd like to respectfully post my opinion on the matter.

9/11 is a media hype. People suck up tragedy; people watch it with horror and disgust, but the problem is, people don't stop watching. The more hype and drama, the more that people watch, the more ratings and money the media gets. So, one side of this is that the media has hyped this all up so that people will watch things that are 9/11 related. On one side, its a publicity scam.

Additionally, George.W. Bush Jr. used these attacks to prompt the invasion of Iraq, an uncalled for knee jerk reaction that belongs in the last centery rather than the modern day. He failed to see that the enemy was not one nation, rather a political group. The invasion had the same merrit as Russia invading the USA because of the KKK (Is a bit of an exadruation, but the idea is still there). George.W.Bush Jr. called upon the fresh cold war fear of neuclear weapons. People were still hung over from the cold war threat. People seriously belived any day that nukes would fall from the sky and they would die. For them, it was a matter of when. When he involked this fear again, saying without any supporting evidence that there was WMD's in Iraq (It must be stated that the UN did 2 sweeps or Iraq and not a single trace was found, GWB's argument was "They must be good at hideing). I could go on and on about how 9/11 caused one of the strangest and stupidest war's that history can provide, but I'd get off topic.

Lets go back to some facts then. 3,000 people died in 9/11. Every day, 25,000 people die of starvation. Every day, 155,000 people die. Yet we refuse, it seems, to honor their loss, we seem to pour millions of dollars honouring the loss of , what seems to be, the loss of a small minority. THe only reason that we seem to memorate these people is that it is closer to home; people can relate to isses like these because they are enabled to. When it comes down to trying to relate to third world countreis, it becomes a different matter. People seem to forget that much worse things are happening in the world today, but since it is not in our contry,  and has no effect on oour lives, it is fine to ignore and forget.

Now, on to my final point.This is a point more centering around counter terrorisum, but is still relevent. Its been predicted that the US has spent 3-5 Trillion dollars on counter-terroriusm, not incuding the rising healthcare for war veterns (That cost is yet to come). Ihard to visulise how much money that is. So, just a helpful hint, it is approximatly 10-15 Vagas luxor holels piled on to one another.That is how much money whthat has been spent. To compare and contrast, 1,875 people approximaty died in Hurricane Katrina, but only 100 BIllion approx was sepnt. THere is less spent on natrual disaster prevention than there is anti-terrorisum, yet there is 30X to 50X less spent on it, even though over time it has proven to be a bigger killer.

So, the big question now is, why is so much spent on counter-terrorisum? In the end, we are fighting fear. We are afraid of terrorisum now because we were tought to be afraid; GWB initiated this fear unknowing of how detrimental it would be. This fear is still here, and to try and get rid of this fear a price tag is slapped on our safty; a price tag so big that the number could not possibly fail us. And so, when something does go wrong, we just are told the price tag, and we feel as if everything will be alright. This is not true. Things do not go away if you slap a price tag on it, esspecally things that did not exist in the first place.

I want to say this before I wrap up. I give all due respect to the people who died in the 9/11 attackis, and all of the assosiated grief that has come about it. What I do not give respect for is how it has been abused to bring rise to a dictine of fear in America. In my opinion, this fear is what is causing its current downfall.

If you want to repsond to this, I would appriciate if it was a logical argument rather than rhetoric or flaming. I appriciate if you hav a different opinion, and do not wish to see thios thread descend into a pit of flame.

Thank you very much for reading,

Jacknife.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 08:29:30 AM »
3,000 People died (approx) in 9/11. This is indeed a tragic event, but I'd like to respectfully post my opinion on the matter.

9/11 is a media hype. People suck up tragedy; people watch it with horror and disgust, but the problem is, people don't stop watching. The more hype and drama, the more that people watch, the more ratings and money the media gets. So, one side of this is that the media has hyped this all up so that people will watch things that are 9/11 related. On one side, its a publicity scam.

Additionally, George.W. Bush Jr. used these attacks to prompt the invasion of Iraq, an uncalled for knee jerk reaction that belongs in the last centery rather than the modern day. He failed to see that the enemy was not one nation, rather a political group. The invasion had the same merrit as Russia invading the USA because of the KKK (Is a bit of an exadruation, but the idea is still there). George.W.Bush Jr. called upon the fresh cold war fear of neuclear weapons. People were still hung over from the cold war threat. People seriously belived any day that nukes would fall from the sky and they would die. For them, it was a matter of when. When he involked this fear again, saying without any supporting evidence that there was WMD's in Iraq (It must be stated that the UN did 2 sweeps or Iraq and not a single trace was found, GWB's argument was "They must be good at hideing). I could go on and on about how 9/11 caused one of the strangest and stupidest war's that history can provide, but I'd get off topic.

Lets go back to some facts then. 3,000 people died in 9/11. Every day, 25,000 people die of starvation. Every day, 155,000 people die. Yet we refuse, it seems, to honor their loss, we seem to pour millions of dollars honouring the loss of , what seems to be, the loss of a small minority. THe only reason that we seem to memorate these people is that it is closer to home; people can relate to isses like these because they are enabled to. When it comes down to trying to relate to third world countreis, it becomes a different matter. People seem to forget that much worse things are happening in the world today, but since it is not in our contry,  and has no effect on oour lives, it is fine to ignore and forget.

Now, on to my final point.This is a point more centering around counter terrorisum, but is still relevent. Its been predicted that the US has spent 3-5 Trillion dollars on counter-terroriusm, not incuding the rising healthcare for war veterns (That cost is yet to come). Ihard to visulise how much money that is. So, just a helpful hint, it is approximatly 10-15 Vagas luxor holels piled on to one another.That is how much money whthat has been spent. To compare and contrast, 1,875 people approximaty died in Hurricane Katrina, but only 100 BIllion approx was sepnt. THere is less spent on natrual disaster prevention than there is anti-terrorisum, yet there is 30X to 50X less spent on it, even though over time it has proven to be a bigger killer.

So, the big question now is, why is so much spent on counter-terrorisum? In the end, we are fighting fear. We are afraid of terrorisum now because we were tought to be afraid; GWB initiated this fear unknowing of how detrimental it would be. This fear is still here, and to try and get rid of this fear a price tag is slapped on our safty; a price tag so big that the number could not possibly fail us. And so, when something does go wrong, we just are told the price tag, and we feel as if everything will be alright. This is not true. Things do not go away if you slap a price tag on it, esspecally things that did not exist in the first place.

I want to say this before I wrap up. I give all due respect to the people who died in the 9/11 attackis, and all of the assosiated grief that has come about it. What I do not give respect for is how it has been abused to bring rise to a dictine of fear in America. In my opinion, this fear is what is causing its current downfall.

If you want to repsond to this, I would appriciate if it was a logical argument rather than rhetoric or flaming. I appriciate if you hav a different opinion, and do not wish to see thios thread descend into a pit of flame.

Thank you very much for reading,

Jacknife.

Thanks, it's nice to see people NOT trolling the thread, a post like this shows how people really do care. There was so many bad things that happened on that day, apparently some great heroes ran all the way up to the 88-89th floor and attempted to save the people on those floors. But, not all of them survived. Such a sad day that will be remembered for the rest time.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 12:50:01 AM »
This was a very tragic event and we should also mourn the deaths of fallen troops that are fighting in the War on terror.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 04:59:57 AM »
The time has gone very fast, I remember watching it on TV. Was on for the whole month.  :-\
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011, 08:46:39 AM »
I have a few reasons for making such a big deal.  First, it effected more than just America.  There were many nationalities in those buildings.  Second, the MANY who lost their lives trying in vain to save others.  Third, it hit the worlds economy pretty damn hard, as that was the WORLD TRADE CENTER.  And lastly, I knew a some of the people who never made it out.  I was standing a few blocks when the first one hit.

But keep in mind, not everyone tried to make money from it.  Budweiser made a commercial that acknowledges what happened just 24 hours before hand, but it aired ONCE, they did NOT want to make any money from it.  Watch it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:54 PM »
I have a few reasons for making such a big deal.  First, it effected more than just America.  There were many nationalities in those buildings.  Second, the MANY who lost their lives trying in vain to save others.  Third, it hit the worlds economy pretty damn hard, as that was the WORLD TRADE CENTER.  And lastly, I knew a some of the people who never made it out.  I was standing a few blocks when the first one hit.

But keep in mind, not everyone tried to make money from it.  Budweiser made a commercial that acknowledges what happened just 24 hours before hand, but it aired ONCE, they did NOT want to make any money from it.  Watch it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k

Krystal, anyone who doesn't make this a big deal is just... Lets not go into detail. I think that you have all the right to make this a big deal. Just by making it a big deal isn't enough.

A little girl was visiting to see her dad at work on that day, when all of the sudden the first plain crashed, luckly she was only at the lobby. But, from the ground you could here the noises of the bodies splating and it was just all to hectic. She slept in her moms room until she was 16. Are you guys going to stop trolling this thread now? People had SERIOUS things happen to them in this, and the world has been changed forever. Many people have recieved both physical and metal scaring from this thanks to terrorism. Please, stop trolling.

Offline Hilarious ?sometimes?.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2011, 11:05:24 PM »

Lest we never forget...

DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR ME IS GOOD A PHOTOSTORE!  YAEH!

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2011, 10:13:15 AM »

Lest we never forget...

Indeed, good to see people care.

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011, 10:17:55 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLfSn4LBuY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLfSn4LBuY</a>
This, is just tragic.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:35:24 AM by Martinerrr »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2011, 11:07:06 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLfSn4LBuY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLfSn4LBuY</a>
This, is just tragic.

Yikes... That is very sad.... ;(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal