Author Topic: 9/11 : Lest we never forget  (Read 15815 times)

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
9/11 : Lest we never forget
« on: September 10, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
Originally posted at Virtual Freedom by myself.

I'm posting this a few hours in advance, although for some people it is already Sunday, the 11th. As we all know, tomorrow/today marks ten years since 9/11 when three Boeing 757s and one Boeing 767 were hijacked. American Airlines Flight 11 was flown into the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 8:46 AM that sunny morning. All of America and many people around the world watched as United Airlines Flight 175 hit the South Tower. Shocked they stood in their living rooms around family, or around colleagues at work. Everything was at a stand-still, and people waited for answers. And then the pentagon at 9:37 was hit by American Airlines Flight 77.

Members of the New York Fire Department stood in amazement as the towers collapsed, after being informed that they were resistant to fire. And then the news came in. United Airlines Flight 93 had crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. People were confused, but it was soon evident. The brave passengers on that plane - fathers, businessmen, and average day civilians - organized a plan within the frame of thirty minutes. They called their loved ones, and said their final goodbyes. They charged the cockpit, and the pilot of the plane turned it and crashed into the field intentionally. The plane was obliterated on impact.

The next day, Americans took a new turn. Anger flowed throughout their veins, and revenge was the only thing on their mind. It became evident the thought of everyone; we will never forget. But as prepared as Americans were to get revenge, it wasn't as easy as it had been back in 1941 when the Japanese military bombed Pearl Harbor. Our enemy was not clear, and they represent no national flag. Americans would soon know al-Queda was responsible.

Tomorrow may we not become angry, but may we remember and honor the lives of those who responded to call of distress of strangers they didn't know. Those who died to save the lives of others. And while we shall never forget September 11th, 2001, we shall never allow for our anger to cloud our judgement, and we should only honor the lives lost that sunny, seemingly normal morning.

I call upon you to do whatever you may please to honor the lives lost on September 11th, 2001.
Live free or die

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 9/11 : Lest we never forget
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »
Oh, if only this were in spam.

RIP
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Dordan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:34:57 PM »
Those fucking terrorists have gotten, still, and forever will be getting their payback.

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »
Something tragic happened. Oh no. Move on.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:49:20 PM »
R.I.P to all thos people.
We got em back alright, we killed their leader.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 10:58:40 PM »

Pretty much this. People die every day, why don't you mourn for those strangers? No offense intended, of course.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:00:49 PM by {RoFL}Ducky »
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 11:24:19 PM »
Many innocent lives were lost that day. For people who make fun of this thread should be ashamed of themselves. Prayers to the family's of people who lost their lives in this tragic event. God bless America

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 11:34:14 PM »
^
I have many things to say about that comment, anyways, I won't because it'll end in drama.

R.I.P to all the fallen that day.

Although it wasn't terrorists that did it...  :-\

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 11:39:17 PM »

Pretty much this. People die every day, why don't you mourn for those strangers? No offense intended, of course.
We dont hear nor know of every death, but 9/11 was symbolic, and lead to a whole new outlook for many people.
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
We will never forget them.

Anyways who the fuck makes buildings that tall? They had to be a death hazard evey day if you look.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:18 AM »
I only mourn one dates.  9/11, and pay respects on December 7th.

I love history too much... and politics.

Don't be hating, but I lean more towards government conspiracy with 9/11.  But we should still mourn the deaths of those who died, the heroism of the citizens aboard Flight 93 and the brave first responders who most of which face cancer due to the amount of asbestos in the towers.

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 01:18:36 AM »
Many innocent lives were lost that day. For people who make fun of this thread should be ashamed of themselves. Prayers to the family's of people who lost their lives in this tragic event. God bless America

Many more innocent people died in the Vietnam war, innocent people died on the Titanic. Yet we don't give a damn about that anymore. Why? Just because it's outdated?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:23:05 AM by GeeMayn »

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 01:34:31 AM »
I will heavily ban anyone who trolls in this thread.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 01:36:25 AM »
I will heavily ban anyone who trolls in this thread.

He's not trolling, he's giving his honest opinion, and has a good point. I'm not saying the thousands of deaths on 9/11 were worthless, all I'm saying is that there have been thousands more that we just seem to stow away and only pull back out for discussions like this.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 01:39:54 AM »
I was stating that I will heavily ban anyone that trolls this thread.  I lost people and saw this in person.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal