Author Topic: Administration Applications.  (Read 18390 times)

Offline Ludus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Administration Applications.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 12:28:04 AM »
I would careless if I get admin, it's just admin. Gives you a lot more responsibilities most people are too stupid to do right.

This is really true once you get admin at a community you will realize this.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 08:47:30 AM »
I agree with the termination of the admin app section.  Admin-ship is a privilege, and should be earned, not given based off of a application that could have faulty info made after 3 days of joining.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »
I agree with the termination of the admin app section.  Admin-ship is a privilege, and should be earned, not given based off of a application that could have faulty info made after 3 days of joining.

Well if you make an app after 3 days of joining which you are lying in. Then once you get into the server they will notice that you cannot moderate anything and will be demoted/banned if any rules are broken on your side.

Also i doubt Rofl and Raiden would accept someone who they've only known for a few days. Eventho some of us just joined the community, we still known Rofl/Raiden in the past and they know how we act in situations.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 02:30:45 PM »
In some aspects I agree that it sounds stupid if people apply for admin just a couple of days after they joined this community. Even though I did this myself, I at least knew a lot of people from here thanks to OC, and they also saw my administration experience. And thanks to that, look at what position I am in now.

People just need to have enough administration experience before thinking about joining in.
Yeah sure, you might think about "but you have to start anywhere right?". And I sure agree with that as well, but you need either administration experience, or community experience. If you lack both of them, then there is no point in making any application IMO.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
In some aspects I agree that it sounds stupid if people apply for admin just a couple of days after they joined this community. Even though I did this myself, I at least knew a lot of people from here thanks to OC, and they also saw my administration experience. And thanks to that, look at what position I am in now.

People just need to have enough administration experience before thinking about joining in.
Yeah sure, you might think about "but you have to start anywhere right?". And I sure agree with that as well, but you need either administration experience, or community experience. If you lack both of them, then there is no point in making any application IMO.
Well said and very true.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 02:37:51 PM »
I don't really have a lot to say here, but if you're saying you applied 2 or 3 times and you didn't get in, don't act like WITHOUT the apps you would have got admin either. Instead of waiting for the owners to watch you, your just making them watch you instead. So yeah, if you don't get in with the apps, arguing for no apps won't help ya.

Personally I think the apps alongside the usual "admins-watching-players" system would work well; you could wait for the admins to watch you, securing more of a chance to become an admin, or apply if you think you deserve it, hearing peoples opinions etc.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:41:21 PM by Smt »

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »
I would careless if I get admin, it's just admin. Gives you a lot more responsibilities most people are too stupid to do right.

This is really true once you get admin at a community you will realize this.

I've been admin at countless communities, and the new admins always think they are so great and invincible because they have admin.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
Hehe I remember just the day I became admin on OC. I was like OMG OMG OMG WOOOOOOTTTT YEEESSS GOTTA TELL MY FRIENDS!!!!! HURR HURR. FUCK YEAH TIME TO GO WORK!
But once you get used to be an admin, its not really so special at all. It only brings up more stress in some situations, but its always great to be admin, so you can solve the situations happing yourself except of bothering another admin via steam.

But yep, after you get used to be an admin, its just normal. The only thing you'll feel is the responsibility you have.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
Hehe I remember just the day I became admin on OC. I was like OMG OMG OMG WOOOOOOTTTT YEEESSS GOTTA TELL MY FRIENDS!!!!! HURR HURR. FUCK YEAH TIME TO GO WORK!
But once you get used to be an admin, its not really so special at all. It only brings up more stress in some situations, but its always great to be admin, so you can solve the situations happing yourself except of bothering another admin via steam.

But yep, after you get used to be an admin, its just normal. The only thing you'll feel is the responsibility you have.
This 100%
Same thing happened to me. I was really happy and excited to have my first admin but when you realise you are really an admin it hits you, you are admining a server with sometimes 15-20 people on it and quite a few of them are trolls who will try and take advantage of you being a new admin.

Being admin isn't all fun and games, it's sometimes very stressful but the good times far outweigh the bad IMO.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »

Yeah, most people say they want admin but then in the end they can't handle the stress of it.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »

Yeah, most people say they want admin but then in the end they can't handle the stress of it.

Who the hell does that remind me of?  I swear I have seen that happen before.

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 04:40:41 AM »
The only time I see good coming out of admin applications is when people who know the owners very well, and the owners can't decide weather to give admin or not.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 06:15:01 AM »
Admin applications should stay open. They are not only for the rands that have just joined and want admin. It's for the un-noticed potential in the server, the dedicated members who have the experience but stay quiet until the last minute.

Shutting them would be unfair for the people who are applying atm or who have not yet applied. As this was a method at the starting of this community.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 06:32:00 AM »
They should close to be honest with the ones there to be reviewed. The owners should choose who gets admin.
what

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 06:34:56 AM »
I've never seen a community/server group which have failed due to not having admin applications, I'm just wondering if there is going to be a shit crap load of applications when this Community gets more popular.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal