Author Topic: Administration Applications.  (Read 18411 times)

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Administration Applications.
« on: March 19, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
Problems
Reasoning
Suggestion

I've been looking through a lot of the old and recent posts seeing that people have left since they didn't get the Rank they intended.

I suggest to keep people in the community, when they're application gets denied they can;

• Exactly one month later they can update they're application or create a new one

I've seen people leave just because they can't get the rank they desire which is really immature and is getting rid of most of the good players we have in Harbor or any other Catalyst server. The point of this suggestion is to keep those players in here and to stop them from giving up on the Servers simply because they can't have a green tag on they're head.

I've also seen people asking they're friends to +Support them because they trust them, that is becoming a problem and just executing the system of Applications.

I don't have much ideas to prevent people from leaving, but I think this idea could work.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:26:54 PM by Rogi »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Administration Applications.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
If they only stay in this community to get admin then what is the point in them being here at all?
Just because you cant get what you want as soon as you think you should get it, dosen't mean you have to quit, all it means is you have to work harder at getting what you want and showing people you have gotten better.

And anyway if an admin application is denied and the person quits because of, it only shows us that we are right in not letting that person be an admin.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:10:21 PM by JiggerFrizz »
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 11:24:27 PM »
I've been denied 2 or 3 times and I haven't left.. Yet.

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 12:40:14 AM »
Well most people don't just join to get admin, they join do an admin app then they just give up because of the comments made on they're application, not because they don't have the skills and knowledge to be an admin.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:43:52 AM by JiggerFrizz »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 01:45:49 AM »
Well most people don't just join to get admin, they join do an admin app then they just give up because of the comments made on they're application, not because they don't have the skills and knowledge to be an admin.

And that is another example of why it would be the right choice not to give someone admin. One of the most important parts of being an admin is handling a situation in a responsible and grown up way, not quitting just because someone gives you a negative comment. What you should do is think "Do they have a point to their negative comment? Do i need to look at myself and see if what they are saying is right and should i change because of it?" that is what an admin applicant should think.

And i acidentally put this in your post so that is why it says that your post was modified by me. Im just so used to the quote button being in a different position lol.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:48:17 AM by JiggerFrizz »
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
I would careless if I get admin, it's just admin. Gives you a lot more responsibilities most people are too stupid to do right.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »
I would careless if I get admin, it's just admin. Gives you a lot more responsibilities most people are too stupid to do right.
I guess that kind of wasn't a necropost, but be careful and check the date of the last post. In this thread the last post was March 19th which was 13 days ago.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 05:13:00 PM by NikolaiNovikov »
Live free or die

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 04:52:01 PM »
I guess that kind of wasn't a necropost, but be careful and check the date of the last post. In this thread the last post was March 19th which was 23 days ago.

23 days ago wasn't the 19th lol. I posted giving my own opinion, am I not allowed to?

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »
I guess that kind of wasn't a necropost, but be careful and check the date of the last post. In this thread the last post was March 19th which was 23 days ago.

23 days ago wasn't the 19th lol. I posted giving my own opinion, am I not allowed to?
It was a typo. It was 13 days ago. And yes you are allowed to, I'm simply just bringing the concept of necroposting to your attention.
Live free or die

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »
I know what necroposting is, I am just trying to make the forums more active.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 12:48:01 AM »
It really isn't something we need to argue about guys.

As for this thread, I agree with this and that the administrator applications should be closed. I will bring it up with RoflWaffle.

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 01:05:43 AM »

As for this thread, I agree with this and that the administrator applications should be closed. I will bring it up with RoflWaffle.

This is a great idea, the people who deserve admin are the people who don't register and make an admin app 2 weeks later, they need to earn it.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 06:27:25 AM »

This is a great idea, the people who deserve admin are the people who don't register and make an admin app 2 weeks later, they need to earn it.
I love what Rogi says it is very true.

Offline The Donowitz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »
If they want to leave, it's there choice.
There problem.
There loss.
Fuck 'em.
Never Take Life Seriously,
Nobody make's it out alive,
Anyway's.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 09:48:53 PM »
If they want to leave, it's there choice.
There problem.
There loss.
Fuck 'em.
You have to stop with calling people bad names and swearing at them. First, you call people who can't play demos dumbasses, and now this? Stop it.

Anyway, I remember Raiden talking about removing admin applications. I think it was on GMR, but not quite sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal