Black Mesa RP
13 (6.7%)
Aperture Labs RP
9 (4.6%)
Some sort of medieval RP
16 (8.2%)
Metro 2033
22 (11.3%)
Panem RP (Based on The Hunger Games universe)
3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading  (Read 42824 times)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2014, 01:16:02 PM »
I still wish I could vote for "No serious RP". Because serious RP without drama is soooo 2012.
Oh well, I'm interested to see how this is going to turn out. But if I could bet my money, I'd put it on:
"Whatever vote is going to win, it is going to have a lot of drama because most people wouldn't agree on most things and it will go down the drain soon enough."

Try voting on OCRP or HRP and stay on them? You know, the other options; you're not obliged to vote nor to take-part in the result of the vote. If serious RP is a problem for you, avoid it. Don't go on, to then complain, nor should you take a vital role then never go on, without first resigning. Stay away if you don't like it. Stay away if you don't want it. Treat it like a phobia and you'll be happier for it.

We should also change from the undemocratic vote of FPTP to a PR style system; more votes, because if Prison RP fails, my stakes would go into Medieval, however under the current system, Metro or some shit will take its place

What exactly are you talking about in the entirety of your post. You put worths in my mouth I never said, and like Abbott said, you DO take everything out of context. This isn't about me. This is about the whole community.
Do you honestly truly believe that any other attempt at "serious RP" you guys are trying to struggle towards, won't just drop straight down on the ground? Just look at this whole thread. You only have to drop the word "Serious RP" and all hell breaks lose.

CG's playerbase exists mostly out of roleplayers, and that is the whole problem.
People are to damn focused on our current playerbase (which always seem to fail regardless) that you all forget that there is more in this world than RP...
Maybe, if maybe you all just care just as much as I do about RP (aka not) and actually think of OTHER gamemodes to host. Then maybe we can finally get CG to have a more variated playerbase, with more variated servers. More players, more fun, more community.

And don't even try to pull the "Lol but all other servers we tried died within a week like TTT or Minecraft or <Input random gamemode>" Because who cares? I'd rather see us having more variation in our servers to pull in more players than sticking with that fucking "roleplay".
So here is the best idea ever: Put up variated servers. And DON'T drop them only because they are empty for a while. Even if the server is occupied an hour a week, it's still better than nothing.

TLDR: Fuck roleplay.

I'm done here. This time, I will sit on the sidelines and laugh my ass off when shit is going to hit the fan again. Peace.

We already had a thread discussing this.  This thread is not about debating the feasibility of another CG serious RP server, but what it would be.  Your opinions are irrelevant and unrelated to the subject of this thread.  As you can see in the poll results, there is still a community of several dozen people who still want to see a serious RP server here.

I just noticed there was a Hunger Games option. Why was it sneaked in? I can't see any posts about it, that's just silly.
How about we'd take 5 most winning options and make another poll with them, then make another with three winning options as originally intended?

Yeah, I was going to ask the same question.

As for the five most popular options, it would then be as follows:

1.  Prison RP
2.  Metro 2033 RP
3.  Unique Post-Apocalyptic RP
4.  WWIII RP
5.  Medieval RP
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:18:20 PM by Hazard Time »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »
That could work but do we really want to spend another week on this?

Who added that hunger games option? There was no discussion about it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2014, 02:49:55 PM »
can we please just do this already. instead of an entire week, do 5 days tops. we are wasting time that could be used on the gamemode.

yall are actin like children with the arguing like geez
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2014, 02:58:05 PM »
I'm out right now expect a long post when i get home

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
can we please just do this already. instead of an entire week, do 5 days tops. we are wasting time that could be used on the gamemode.

or even 3 days for the 5 choice poll and then another 3 days immediately after for the final 3

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2014, 03:10:57 PM »

or even 3 days for the 5 choice poll and then another 3 days immediately after for the final 3

Sounds good.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:02 PM »

Or how about 1 day. I mean honestly all the gamemodes will wind up the same in the end. 

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
Seriously guys, are we this fucking autistic that we have to have a ~100 post thread on a fucking poll.  If you don't want to see a new seriousRP server, then shut the fuck up and go make another thread.  No one is forcing you to vote and no one wants to hear you bitch about how you don't want a new seriousRP server.  Managing to reach a 100 post thread over a self-explanatory poll is unbelievable.  You should feel embarrassed, honestly, if I didn't know any better I would say that some of the people posting here are just post whoring.

>lets make a new poll hurhur
1.  It was already decided to do this poll and then a final one out of the top three.
2.  It's pointless, if people really wanted one of the not three winners to win, it would have won in the first place.
3.  It skews the votes, even more than the bullshit ability to change your vote after seeing the results.  People will either miss or not care enough to vote in multiple polls spanning across weeks.

I still wish I could vote for "No serious RP". Because serious RP without drama is soooo 2012.
Oh well, I'm interested to see how this is going to turn out. But if I could bet my money, I'd put it on:
"Whatever vote is going to win, it is going to have a lot of drama because most people wouldn't agree on most things and it will go down the drain soon enough."

Try voting on OCRP or HRP and stay on them? You know, the other options; you're not obliged to vote nor to take-part in the result of the vote. If serious RP is a problem for you, avoid it. Don't go on, to then complain, nor should you take a vital role then never go on, without first resigning. Stay away if you don't like it. Stay away if you don't want it. Treat it like a phobia and you'll be happier for it.

We should also change from the undemocratic vote of FPTP to a PR style system; more votes, because if Prison RP fails, my stakes would go into Medieval, however under the current system, Metro or some shit will take its place

What exactly are you talking about in the entirety of your post. You put worths in my mouth I never said, and like Abbott said, you DO take everything out of context. This isn't about me. This is about the whole community.
Do you honestly truly believe that any other attempt at "serious RP" you guys are trying to struggle towards, won't just drop straight down on the ground? Just look at this whole thread. You only have to drop the word "Serious RP" and all hell breaks lose.

CG's playerbase exists mostly out of roleplayers, and that is the whole problem.
People are to damn focused on our current playerbase (which always seem to fail regardless) that you all forget that there is more in this world than RP...
Maybe, if maybe you all just care just as much as I do about RP (aka not) and actually think of OTHER gamemodes to host. Then maybe we can finally get CG to have a more variated playerbase, with more variated servers. More players, more fun, more community.

And don't even try to pull the "Lol but all other servers we tried died within a week like TTT or Minecraft or <Input random gamemode>" Because who cares? I'd rather see us having more variation in our servers to pull in more players than sticking with that fucking "roleplay".
So here is the best idea ever: Put up variated servers. And DON'T drop them only because they are empty for a while. Even if the server is occupied an hour a week, it's still better than nothing.

I'm done here. This time, I will sit on the sidelines and laugh my ass off when shit is going to hit the fan again. Peace.

You say that as if you were doing anything in the first place.

Or how about 1 day. I mean honestly all the gamemodes will wind up the same in the end. 

Why are you still here?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2014, 04:48:52 PM »
Seriously guys, are we this fucking autistic that we have to have a ~100 post thread on a fucking poll.
Welcome to seriousRP
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2014, 05:02:44 PM »
Seriously guys, are we this fucking autistic. ~Insert rest of crying~
Spoiler for Hiden:
That's real mature.  And you where supposed to help form this new Serious RP yet you want to accuse all of us of being Autistic?  I'm here to vote and discuss if you don't like it block me and quit throwing fuel into the fire. Or just quit being dumb.

If anyone has learned a valuable lesson its that no matter what you do in life you will always have a group of people who disagree with everything. 

:Pageking:

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »
Seriously guys, are we this fucking autistic that we have to have a ~100 post thread on a fucking poll.  If you don't want to see a new seriousRP server, then shut the fuck up and go make another thread.  No one is forcing you to vote and no one wants to hear you bitch about how you don't want a new seriousRP server.  Managing to reach a 100 post thread over a self-explanatory poll is unbelievable.  You should feel embarrassed, honestly, if I didn't know any better I would say that some of the people posting here are just post whoring.

1.  It was already decided to do this poll and then a final one out of the top three.
2.  It's pointless, if people really wanted one of the not three winners to win, it would have won in the first place.
3.  It skews the votes, even more than the bullshit ability to change your vote after seeing the results.  People will either miss or not care enough to vote in multiple polls spanning across weeks.

Why are you still here?

You need to bring it down a level, and that is coming from me for fuck sake. Welcome to a democracy where people like to give there opinion and possible sway others for there best interest on a subject. It is good we have a 100+ posts on a poll, this is a very big deal and could spell out the future of Catalyst Gaming. Also people have the right and freedom to say "Fuck serious RP", you should respect that and not judge them for stating there OPINION that you don't like. "You like batman more then superman? You fucking retard!" That is what you are saying in a nut shell, so GG m8.

We should be allowed to change how the voting system pans out, for the best interest of us and the community. Therefore I agree with the top five, then the top three. Just to really limit down the options in a reasonable time. Also
It's pointless, if people really wanted one of the not three winners to win, it would have won in the first place.
People did vote for these, it is that they didn't receive as many votes. That is like saying no one like Romney because Obama won, when in reality Romney still receive a fuck ton of votes. Finally onto your third and final point, how is this going to scew the votes? Also if people don't care enough than it isn't our fucking problem, so in conclusion you have belittled people for no fucking reason and have called basically everyone that has posted on this a forum a retard just because they excised there rights and stated there honest and humble opinion.

Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2014, 05:16:45 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
That's real mature.  And you where supposed to help form this new Serious RP yet you want to accuse all of us of being Autistic?  I'm here to vote and discuss if you don't like it block me and quit throwing fuel into the fire. Or just quit being dumb.

If anyone has learned a valuable lesson its that no matter what you do in life you will always have a group of people who disagree with everything. 

so much for changing this time around

Why are you still here?

You need to bring it down a level, and that is coming from me for fuck sake. Welcome to a democracy where people like to give there opinion and possible sway others for there best interest on a subject. It is good we have a 100+ posts on a poll, this is a very big deal and could spell out the future of Catalyst Gaming. Also people have the right and freedom to say "Fuck serious RP", you should respect that and not judge them for stating there OPINION that you don't like. "You like batman more then superman? You fucking retard!" That is what you are saying in a nut shell, so GG m8.

We should be allowed to change how the voting system pans out, for the best interest of us and the community. Therefore I agree with the top five, then the top three. Just to really limit down the options in a reasonable time. Also
It's pointless, if people really wanted one of the not three winners to win, it would have won in the first place.
People did vote for these, it is that they didn't receive as many votes. That is like saying no one like Romney because Obama won, when in reality Romney still receive a fuck ton of votes. Finally onto your third and final point, how is this going to scew the votes? Also if people don't care enough than it isn't our fucking problem, so in conclusion you have belittled people for no fucking reason and have called basically everyone that has posted on this a forum a retard just because they excised there rights and stated there honest and humble opinion.

there was already a thread where they could have said "fuck seriousrp" and did multiple times, it doesn't need to be said any more times, it honestly should be ban-able at this point for post whoring

they deserved to be called dumb, i would expect to be called dumb if i posted in a new HRP update thread and said, "hrp is stupid why do you guys play it, it sucks"

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2014, 05:24:53 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:

so much for changing this time around

Why are you still here?

there was already a thread where they could have said "fuck seriousrp" and did multiple times, it doesn't need to be said any more times, it honestly should be ban-able at this point for post whoring

they deserved to be called dumb, i would expect to be called dumb if i posted in a new HRP update thread and said, "hrp is stupid why do you guys play it, it sucks"

And it shouldn't be ban-able for you to bitch at each and everyone of those people? You are causing the same amount of posts as them, and stating basically the same thing over and over again. Also I really don't see your motivation to argue with anyone in this thread, just vote and make a post if you feel it could assist others.
Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2014, 05:43:49 PM »
i havent seen this much drama since hl2rp's peak, and we dont even have a seriousrp server up lmao

oh the nostalgia
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2014, 05:59:51 PM »
this is going to shit and becoming a huge dramafest before we have even chosen our final gamemode for the serious rp server

honestly if this is how its going to be, i would consider changing my vote to no serious rp server because this is becoming dumb

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal