Black Mesa RP
13 (6.7%)
Aperture Labs RP
9 (4.6%)
Some sort of medieval RP
16 (8.2%)
Metro 2033
22 (11.3%)
Panem RP (Based on The Hunger Games universe)
3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading  (Read 42690 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2014, 01:43:55 AM »
I believe it was mentioned that the top three choices would be taken and a second and final poll would be conducted around them.  As it stands, the top three are:

1.  Prison RP
2.  Metro 2033 RP
3.  Unique Post-Apocalyptic RP

Prepare your ballots and cast them wisely.

Idk why anyone would vote for the #3 spot, thats just the dumbest thing. whatever, lets just hope metro or prison rp wins.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2014, 06:03:43 AM »
I still wish I could vote for "No serious RP". Because serious RP without drama is soooo 2012.
Oh well, I'm interested to see how this is going to turn out. But if I could bet my money, I'd put it on:
"Whatever vote is going to win, it is going to have a lot of drama because most people wouldn't agree on most things and it will go down the drain soon enough."
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2014, 06:04:28 AM »
serious rp always comes with drama lol

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2014, 06:21:06 AM »
serious rp always comes with drama lol

serious rp

serious

It possibly has nothing to do with the fact it's 'Serious'.

'Unique post-apocalyptic', you'd need to play roulette to get something both interesting and unique
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:30:34 AM by DrVengeance »
have a nice day :)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2014, 06:26:20 AM »
i know? lol i have the feeling you think im defending that unique canon idea when i know its just hl2rp with a reskin

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2014, 06:43:46 AM »
i know? lol i have the feeling you think im defending that unique canon idea when i know its just hl2rp with a reskin

Lol bcas all rp is hl2rp!!!
Want to know what HL2RP is based off? 1984.
Don't base the new RP off of 1984 and we won't have that fucking problem. Is fallout like HL2RP? NO. It's post-apocalyptic though, thus it's just like HL2RP; or rather under the dominant logic, it's RP thus it is HL2RP.

Want some fucking ideas for post-apocalyptic?
  • We're on a fucking moon and we're cut off from supply lines and such and we have to fucking survive and thrive.
  • GMO and pesticides have killed off bees and thus the majority of the world's food, survivalist culture becomes dominant, money loses value. Darwin is king.
  • America undergoes civil war, all countries refuse to send-aid. All borders are blocked, America is on its own. Join the war, avoid the war, survive, what ever.
  • The bourgeois finally rule, the poor are shipped out to the edges, in districts and camps, the police are privatised, corruption is ripe, the 'utopia' of the rich world is a bureaucratic, clusterfuck. It's governed more by the press and lawyers than police; and the slums are an outland of petty squabbles and white-knighting
  • Puritans versus bionics, deus ex style.
  • World war 3/4
  • Post-burning of the Library of Alexandria

However, they all sound like HL2RP clones when I re-read the list

I still wish I could vote for "No serious RP". Because serious RP without drama is soooo 2012.
Oh well, I'm interested to see how this is going to turn out. But if I could bet my money, I'd put it on:
"Whatever vote is going to win, it is going to have a lot of drama because most people wouldn't agree on most things and it will go down the drain soon enough."

Try voting on OCRP or HRP and stay on them? You know, the other options; you're not obliged to vote nor to take-part in the result of the vote. If serious RP is a problem for you, avoid it. Don't go on, to then complain, nor should you take a vital role then never go on, without first resigning. Stay away if you don't like it. Stay away if you don't want it. Treat it like a phobia and you'll be happier for it.

We should also change from the undemocratic vote of FPTP to a PR style system; more votes, because if Prison RP fails, my stakes would go into Medieval, however under the current system, Metro or some shit will take its place
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:49:59 AM by DrVengeance »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2014, 07:16:45 AM »
you are taking all my posts out of context but thats probably being clouded by your grudge against me so lol

the current voting system seems fine as it is

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2014, 07:28:16 AM »
you are taking all my posts out of context but thats probably being clouded by your grudge against me so lol

the current voting system seems fine as it is

Seems well within context. There is no grudge here.

It's basically a FPTP system of voting, which is undemocratic at best.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2014, 07:57:04 AM »
out of the 3 that will be placed into a new poll, would probably like to see metro 2033 rp the most out of them, with my 2nd choice probably being PrisonRP

the poll should be made with an option to select 2 options out of the 3

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
out of the 3 that will be placed into a new poll, would probably like to see metro 2033 rp the most out of them, with my 2nd choice probably being PrisonRP

the poll should be made with an option to select 2 options out of the 3

Unless we plan on hosting two types of RP, this doesn't make much sense. The next poll will be to decide which server we will host, and having people select more than one option wouldn't make much sense.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »
put medieval rp in too

if world war 3 rp people complain tell them to go to lemonpunch and play it there

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »
put medieval rp in too

if world war 3 rp people complain tell them to go to lemonpunch and play it there

why would we add medieval rp into the vote, it didn't win
i wanted ww3rp, but i'm not complaining that it didn't win

if people really wanted medievalrp to win it would have, look at metro2033rp, it came in late to the poll but won

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »
Omg guys just shut up and get along instead of debating the shit out of useless minor things. If you don't like serious rp them that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to play it and i won't judge you for not enjoying it. As for the choices, it's what the community wants. Vote for the option you like the most and hope for the best. This is why we did this in the first place is it not? If we work as a team and figure things out so it's fun for everyone, it will be successfully. If we bitch and whine about everything, then yeah you're right. It's going to be shit.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »

Try voting on OCRP or HRP and stay on them? You know, the other options; you're not obliged to vote nor to take-part in the result of the vote. If serious RP is a problem for you, avoid it. Don't go on, to then complain, nor should you take a vital role then never go on, without first resigning. Stay away if you don't like it. Stay away if you don't want it. Treat it like a phobia and you'll be happier for it.

We should also change from the undemocratic vote of FPTP to a PR style system; more votes, because if Prison RP fails, my stakes would go into Medieval, however under the current system, Metro or some shit will take its place

What exactly are you talking about in the entirety of your post. You put worths in my mouth I never said, and like Abbott said, you DO take everything out of context. This isn't about me. This is about the whole community.
Do you honestly truly believe that any other attempt at "serious RP" you guys are trying to struggle towards, won't just drop straight down on the ground? Just look at this whole thread. You only have to drop the word "Serious RP" and all hell breaks lose.

CG's playerbase exists mostly out of roleplayers, and that is the whole problem.
People are to damn focused on our current playerbase (which always seem to fail regardless) that you all forget that there is more in this world than RP...
Maybe, if maybe you all just care just as much as I do about RP (aka not) and actually think of OTHER gamemodes to host. Then maybe we can finally get CG to have a more variated playerbase, with more variated servers. More players, more fun, more community.

And don't even try to pull the "Lol but all other servers we tried died within a week like TTT or Minecraft or <Input random gamemode>" Because who cares? I'd rather see us having more variation in our servers to pull in more players than sticking with that fucking "roleplay".
So here is the best idea ever: Put up variated servers. And DON'T drop them only because they are empty for a while. Even if the server is occupied an hour a week, it's still better than nothing.

TLDR: Fuck roleplay.

I'm done here. This time, I will sit on the sidelines and laugh my ass off when shit is going to hit the fan again. Peace.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:47:47 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »
serious hl2rp is bad because i said it

You're welcome to have your opinion, but you don't need to keep on shoving it down our throats. Given how much you want a non-RP server, how come you haven't already made a thread for it with a poll of possible options? That'd be a much better way to spend your time.

I just noticed there was a Hunger Games option. Why was it sneaked in? I can't see any posts about it, that's just silly.
How about we'd take 5 most winning options and make another poll with them, then make another with three winning options as originally intended?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal