Black Mesa RP
13 (6.7%)
Aperture Labs RP
9 (4.6%)
Some sort of medieval RP
16 (8.2%)
Metro 2033
22 (11.3%)
Panem RP (Based on The Hunger Games universe)
3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 15, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading  (Read 42897 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vote on Where Our Serious RP Server is Heading
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2014, 06:21:10 PM »
I think it would be good but there has got be more to get people to RP. There could be events such as a resonance cascade or something. Sadly, I don't think it would get the votes.

Unless you want to rape canon, a resonance cascade would end up destroying the facility.  On top of that, you'd basically have a JW scenario where citizens/scientists cower in locked rooms while the CPs/security guards shoot at NPCs.

This.

I think the point of this vote is probably to doing something other than the HL2 universe. As much as I hate to admit it, it hasn't done us much good after the first time around.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »
Prisons could follow lots of systems from films or books; could Battle Royal or Condemned that shit;
A prison ran by the inmates and the guards go in to search for guns and shit or to prevent escape, they also patrol the outside  (Always outnumbered, never out gunned);
A massive pool of corruption and despotism, where guards are everywhere but don't do much, apart from be cunts.

And if you sit in your cell complaining and only doing passive, you're part of the problem, sure make toilet brew, but at least do some shit with it. But it would possibly benefit from a less controlling auth system

Medieval RP would be interesting if it was fantastical (Non-Tolkien); elements like Arcanum has; technologists and Mages, alchemists and smiths, sorcerer kings and brutal beasts; even lovecraftian shit would be great. 
have a nice day :)

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2014, 12:49:54 AM »
Prisons could follow lots of systems from films or books; could Battle Royal or Condemned that shit;
A prison ran by the inmates and the guards go in to search for guns and shit or to prevent escape, they also patrol the outside  (Always outnumbered, never out gunned);
A massive pool of corruption and despotism, where guards are everywhere but don't do much, apart from be cunts.

And if you sit in your cell complaining and only doing passive, you're part of the problem, sure make toilet brew, but at least do some shit with it. But it would possibly benefit from a less controlling auth system

Medieval RP would be interesting if it was fantastical (Non-Tolkien); elements like Arcanum has; technologists and Mages, alchemists and smiths, sorcerer kings and brutal beasts; even lovecraftian shit would be great. 
all of this
prison RP has the potential to be 10/10, it's original, and it has a LOT of room to be creative
and as vengeance said, medieval rp could also be fun

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2014, 01:52:46 AM »
as long as "medieval" doesn't mean "fantasy," yes, it could work out well
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2014, 02:17:30 AM »

How would a Fantasy RP not work out?  In all honesty, Medieval RP could turn out just like HL2RP in a different setting:

• Peasants take the place of citizens.
  • Town watch takes the place of CPs.
  • Knights take the place of OTA.
  • And nobles are the new CAs.

At least with Fantasy RP, there's a bit more social justice going on.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2014, 08:22:24 AM »

How would a Fantasy RP not work out?  In all honesty, Medieval RP could turn out just like HL2RP in a different setting:

At least with Fantasy RP, there's a bit more social justice going on.

Here, you can use this template to dismiss practically any gamemode from now on:

Code: [Select]
Lol, [insert gamemode name here] could end up just like HL2RP, just in a different setting.
Citizens would be replaced by [insert civil faction name here].
[insert peacekeeping faction here] and [insert faction closest to the military here] would be just like MPF and OTA and [insert upper class civil faction name here] would be the new CA's.

Example usage:
Lol, PrisonRP would turn up just like HL2RP, just in different setting.
Citizens would be replaced by prisoners.
Prison guards and Anticonflict taskforce would be just like MPF and OTA and the Prison management officers would be the new CA's

I'm not saying PrisonRP is bad, it could be fun. I'm just saying that it's a horrible idea to compare everything to HL2RP and that you should stop doing it.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »
[

stop talking out your arse

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
Ok, go ahead and vote for what you want.  Just don't cry about it when/if it turns out it wasn't as unique as you thought it was.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2014, 12:36:39 PM »
Ok, go ahead and vote for what you want.  Just don't cry about it when/if it turns out it wasn't as unique as you thought it was.

Keep in mind, ya know, the limitations and the scripts of GMOD, so to get something that 'wasn't as unique as we thought it was' will be taxing to say the least, it's a bit like comparing DnD campaigns, the system will be the same, but the campaign itself is what makes it great.

As for 'Just don't cry about it when/if it turns out it wasn't as unique as you thought it was.' it gives no degree to uniqueness nor deviation of uniqueness. For instance
I expect  PrisonRP to be 124U (U means unique :)  ) Even if it was 123U, it wouldn't be as unique as I thought it was, even if the deviation is marginal. However, knowing CG, even if there was similarity between HL2RP and PrisonRP, even if we had new EVERYTHING, the old formula will arise —
The A just like CPs!
The B is just like the Combine!
The C are just like citizens in the slums!
The D are just loyalists!
Et cetera.

Comparatives can and always will be made and more often than not.
have a nice day :)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2014, 12:42:44 PM »

Keep in mind, ya know, the limitations and the scripts of GMOD, so to get something that 'wasn't as unique as we thought it was' will be taxing to say the least, it's a bit like comparing DnD campaigns, the system will be the same, but the campaign itself is what makes it great.

As for 'Just don't cry about it when/if it turns out it wasn't as unique as you thought it was.' it gives no degree to uniqueness nor deviation of uniqueness. For instance
I expect  PrisonRP to be 124U (U means unique :)  ) Even if it was 123U, it wouldn't be as unique as I thought it was, even if the deviation is marginal. However, knowing CG, even if there was similarity between HL2RP and PrisonRP, even if we had new EVERYTHING, the old formula will arise —
The A just like CPs!
The B is just like the Combine!
The C are just like citizens in the slums!
The D are just loyalists!
Et cetera.

Comparatives can and always will be made and more often than not.

My reasoning, though, is that the two are way too similar with an oppressed majority treated as nothing more than human resources, a class of soldiers who are encouraged ICly to power trip, and an oligarchy of administrators whose job is to represent all of them.

Of course, I may be missing something, so feel free to explain to me how Medieval RP could provide a different experience from HL2RP.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »
> Implying any of the ideas are Unique and not just the same old shit and drama.

I still think we should do Super Srs Sandbox RP (SSRP).  That way everyone can build their own RP Scenarios and force them down peoples throat.

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2014, 07:40:43 PM »
My reasoning, though, is that the two are way too similar with an oppressed majority treated as nothing more than human resources, a class of soldiers who are encouraged ICly to power trip, and an oligarchy of administrators whose job is to represent all of them.

Of course, I may be missing something, so feel free to explain to me how Medieval RP could provide a different experience from HL2RP.

This is like saying that every single shooter is the same, every rpg is the same, every action book is the same, etc.
You can simplify anything and make it sound dumb and useless;
'videogames are stupid, all that you do is push buttons to make lights change colors'
'books are stupid, all you do is turn pages and read stuff that you can only imagine, never have an image of'
'movies are stupid, they're just changing pictures'
'any form of excercise is stupid, it's just the same movement over and over again'
This argument doesn't work, of course rp is going to have some similar aspects. There needs to be an opposing force for it to be interesting, something to talk about, as opposed to people sitting in their houses doing nothing for 3 hours. Real people don't sit and twiddle their thumbs, they discuss things, be it taxes, the government, the laws, politics, religion, etc. etc.
You need something to talk about, something to do.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:43:37 PM by Vegas »

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2014, 11:10:32 PM »
rofl u guys
why put it in if u all dont want it
medieval rp would be cool if u could be guts

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2014, 12:26:05 AM »
So the vote is up...what now?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2014, 12:37:02 AM »
I believe it was mentioned that the top three choices would be taken and a second and final poll would be conducted around them.  As it stands, the top three are:

1.  Prison RP
2.  Metro 2033 RP
3.  Unique Post-Apocalyptic RP

Prepare your ballots and cast them wisely.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal