Author Topic: Replacement for HL2RP - Prison RP  (Read 13221 times)

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Replacement for HL2RP - Prison RP
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:11:38 PM »
Ok so I don't feel like making an extremely long post, but this idea is something I came up with.  I'm sure almost everyone that will read this has seen the Shawshank Redemption.  I thought of a serious RP based on Clockwork or Nutscript that is placed in a Prison.  Instead of making a long post, I'm going to post the basics in a list form:

• Two "factions", Guards and Prisoners
  • Guards would have an indepth rank system with progressions and equipment upgrades, without the training, just based on IC experience
  • - Example: Corrections Officer / CO. = Baton, Handcuffs... Sergeant / Sgt. = Baton, Handcuffs, Taser...  Lieutenant / Lt. = Baton, Handcuffs, Taser, Standard Issue 9MM Pistol... Captain / Cpt. = Baton, Handcuffs, Taser, Standard Issue 9MM Pistol, Advanced Helmet with Visor... Major / Maj. = Baton, Handcuffs, Taser, Standard Issue 9MM Pistol, Advanced Helmet with Visor, Standard Issue 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun...
  • - After them would be Warden, Director, Mayor, these would be figure heads, (Think of City Administrators on HL2RP but with more jurisdiction.)
  • Prisoners, on the other hand are just inmates trying to survive.
  • Weapons would likely be crafted and or smuggled in.  (Think applications.)
  • Cigarettes as a form of currency among Prisoners.
  • The twist with this whole thing, because while Prisoners usually don't die in real life unless they're put on death row, is the Guards have an extreme amount of power and could likely get away with killing a Prisoner if they are alone together, or even vice versa if the Prisoner has a weapon.
  • There would be a lunch time / dinner time. (Think rations.)
  • There could also be a lockdown time if called for by Captain+

That's basically everything that I can think of for now.  I made correlations to HL2RP frequently because it would be so similar, just better in my opinion.  With this, the canon isn't disputable, this is current time.  The Guards would be out almost all the time, no "hide in the Nexus bullshit".   Anything planned by the Prisoners riot-wise would have to be kept low key like it should be, no "run into D6 and yell rebellious bullshit".  Everyone would usually be in the same area.  There is a ton of passive roleplaying potential on the right map: basketball, weight lifting, showering, billiards, watching T.V., etc.

Well, that's it for now, I may update it later, please comment on what you think.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Replacement for HL2RP - Prison RP
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:32:11 PM »
There is a ton of passive roleplaying potential on the right map: basketball, weight lifting, showering, billiards, watching T.V., etc.

basketball, weight lifting, showering, billiards, watching T.V., etc.

weight lifting

Now everyone can pretend their swole sitting behind their computer eating Cheetos...

It's a good idea but we couldn't go off of IRL prison. We would have to make it so it's in a similar universe, but not the same. Being in a prison isn't fun, anyone can ask any inmate/ex-prisoner and it's not fun. So why would it be fun if we role-played it? There needs to be a barrier somewhere on the line between realism and fun, or else no one would play because its 1.) Way to unrealistic 2.) Not even fun.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »
There is a ton of passive roleplaying potential on the right map: basketball, weight lifting, showering, billiards, watching T.V., etc.

weight lifting

Now everyone can pretend their swole sitting behind their computer eating Cheetos...

It's a good idea but we couldn't go off of IRL prison. We would have to make it so it's in a similar universe, but not the same. Being in a prison isn't fun, anyone can ask any inmate/ex-prisoner and it's not fun. So why would it be fun if we role-played it? There needs to be a barrier somewhere on the line between realism and fun, or else no one would play because its 1.) Way to unrealistic 2.) Not even fun.

Well just look at HL2RP citizens, do you really think they were having fun?  I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying it would have been a lot shittier to be a citizen in HL2RP than a prisoner imo.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 10:37:43 PM »

weight lifting

Well just look at HL2RP citizens, do you really think they were having fun?  I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying it would have been a lot shittier to be a citizen in HL2RP than a prisoner imo.

The citizens had D6. In an actual HL2RP canon, I highly doubt that the combines would allow an /entire/ district to be completely un-moderated and allow the citizens to do a free-for-all. That allowed the bar between fun and realism to be balanced.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »
I think it would bring out really amazing role play. Different Prisoner factions working with and against each other. Crafting systems, corruption, yes this could be amazing if done right.
ok

Offline CrunchyKhaos

• This furniture set is only 99$
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:01:36 PM »
I would be willing to put my money in to this, and i'm sure others would as well, it's a fresh idea and new game mode, and the idea has been brought up with some people i know in the past, it's a thing people will commonly fantasize about making, and while being different and more intense than a simple Prison Break server we could have something that would possibly bring in new crowds and evolve at a nice pace. It's a good idea with many possibilities, for both systems and RP, I would ask that you give it some heavy thinking before deciding on this, it could be a big boost we need.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 11:03:13 PM »
I think it would bring out really amazing role play. Different Prisoner factions working with and against each other. Crafting systems, corruption, yes this could be amazing if done right.
While crafting systems generally don't work well with Serious RP, if it was done correctly, it could have a large, positive, impact.  I think being a Guard would be more fun than being a MPF unit was, considering they work mostly under their own schedule unless ordered otherwise, so corruption is a major possibility.  It is likely that gangs would be made among the Prisoners as well.  I should probably include a judge / jury group as well for rulings over disputes.  Honestly, the thing that made me think of this the most was:
Spoiler for Hiden:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EcLidgEFPo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EcLidgEFPo</a>

Offline Casavant

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 12:16:56 AM »
I like the idea. Something like this would be interesting, and it would give players more things to do.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 12:46:08 AM »
Itl be the same in the way HL2RP is. Fun as fuck until you've done everything. Its too limited.

Offline CrunchyKhaos

• This furniture set is only 99$
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 01:35:21 AM »
Itl be the same in the way HL2RP is. Fun as fuck until you've done everything. Its too limited.

Only if we deny it the features suggested here, factions, gang wars, and corrupt guards would be good for constant action, and Roleplay would not be limited, not to mention the possibility of a smuggler, bribing the guards, ect. It's a new game type that the community will agree with, and play when its new, and if we keep events and attention to it such as Riots, prison breaks, ect, they'll continue to play when its old. HRP is old, with few things to do, but it remains populated, this will help us draw in new players and bring back old ones, it can be  a fantastic and positive experience, despite how limited a Prison RP may seem.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:40:25 AM by RefinedKhaos »

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:36 AM »

Only if we deny it the features suggested here, factions, gang wars, and corrupt guards would be good for constant action, and Roleplay would not be limited, not to mention the possibility of a smuggler, bribing the guards, ect. It's a new game type that the community will agree with, and play when its new, and if we keep events and attention to it, when its old.

Would most likely bring a lot of new players into our community as well.
ok

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 04:58:32 AM »
this will get really repetitive and boring really fast and i see less potential rp coming from this than hl2rp

big no

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »

This is pretty much the case with every game?

this will get really repetitive and boring really fast and i see less potential rp coming from this than hl2rp

big no

It's because you're looking at it that way, I could do the same thing with HL2RP, "Who the fuck wants to just walk around and get beat up by cops?"

Look, I'm not trying to come up with a masterpiece, just something to bring the community back up.  When someone joins HL2RP, not everyone has played HL2, and there's also a special canon.  This is not the case with this Prison RP, when you join, you know what's going on almost instantly and how things are run.

If someone thinks that this has less potential rp than HL2RP, that's fine, but how long are you willing to wait to get the players onto HL2RP to get this 'potential rp'?

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 03:47:38 PM »
I feel if this were implemented there is the potential for a new player base, however there are still going to be the few die hard HL2RP'ers that will feel a bit "meh" that their gamemode has been replaced.

Im sitting on the fence here really, the idea was enough to draw me away from HL2RP however I still feel there is still a chance for HL2RP

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 03:54:53 PM »
I feel if this were implemented there is the potential for a new player base, however there are still going to be the few die hard HL2RP'ers that will feel a bit "meh" that their gamemode has been replaced.

Im sitting on the fence here really, the idea was enough to draw me away from HL2RP however I still feel there is still a chance for HL2RP

I mean we could have both, but the reason I said replacing HL2RP would at least attempt to draw HL2RPers in to try it.  I am an avid HL2RPer, it's basically all the time I have spent on Gmod, but I can't see it coming back with how we are right now.  This way the population wouldn't be split, either, which we can't afford with our current population.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal