Author Topic: Replacement for HL2RP - Prison RP  (Read 12366 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Replacement for HL2RP - Prison RP
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »
i still dont think prison rp is the way to go and it will get incredibly boring and repetitive really fast compared to hl2rp

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 04:30:57 PM »
i still dont think prison rp is the way to go and it will get incredibly boring and repetitive really fast compared to hl2rp

Could you please explain why?  Just saying "this is dumb", "this will be boring", doesn't help anything.

Nothing will be perfect right off the bat and the only way to improve this would be constructive criticism.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 04:42:47 PM »
when did i say "this is dumb"

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 04:44:31 PM »
when did i say "this is dumb"

I wasn't saying you said it, I was talking about in general, can we please stay on topic, I don't want this thread derailed like the Outlands one.

Could you please explain why? <Snip>

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

Could you please explain why?  Just saying "this is dumb", "this will be boring", doesn't help anything.

Nothing will be perfect right off the bat and the only way to improve this would be constructive criticism.
Roleplay is better the less limits there are as to what you can do. There can be obstacles like the combine in outlands but the limits are almost endless. In this prison rp, it's even more limited then the city. And there's hardly any diversity in stories. It will all be either "I got put in prison cause I did X. I spent time, made friends, fucked up bitches, now I'm free." or "I work as a prison guard and treat them like poo. Its fun."

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 06:34:33 PM »
Roleplay is better the less limits there are as to what you can do. There can be obstacles like the combine in outlands but the limits are almost endless. In this prison rp, it's even more limited then the city. And there's hardly any diversity in stories. It will all be either "I got put in prison cause I did X. I spent time, made friends, fucked up bitches, now I'm free." or "I work as a prison guard and treat them like poo. Its fun."

Thank you for explaining your argument, Statua.  I can kind of see what you're saying but I just don't get how it's really any more limiting than Outlands or even City.

I'd still like to hear Abbott's reasoning behind his posts, it sounds like he's just trying to avoid it imo.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 06:42:35 PM »
i did state my reasons, prisonrp will be way more repetitive in terms of what prisoners can do and roleplay will be somewhat less creative than what can be done with hl2rp and it will only become stale and depopulated within weeks like most servers

we have a better chance of restarting hl2rp on city 18 (since that map brings in people) than doing this

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 06:54:04 PM »
i did state my reasons, prisonrp will be way more repetitive in terms of what prisoners can do and roleplay will be somewhat less creative than what can be done with hl2rp and it will only become stale and depopulated within weeks like most servers

we have a better chance of restarting hl2rp on city 18 (since that map brings in people) than doing this

So you want to just change the HL2RP map to C18 and expect it to shoot up in population?  The reason we had so many people on the map in the first place was because it had just launched and 95% of the players on it were CG veterans who some have moved on from CG, stopped playing HL2RP, etc. 

If you have a better idea than that to gain population go ahead and post it.  All I see is you post in suggestions and shut shit down without even thinking about it, yet I never see you post anything to positively impact CG.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 07:14:56 PM »
why are you getting incredibly angry over my criticism lol

i never said "lets just stick hl2rp back on c18" i said lets reboot it back onto city 18 with the shit that has been talked about in the other threads instead of jumping into a roleplay gamemode that will offer even less potential than hl2rp and yet you are getting incredibly butthurt over it and trying to cause drama with it

also i end it here with my shit, and i still say this would not be a good idea for reasons i've stated before it turns into a dramafest

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 07:40:56 PM »
I'm not angry at you and I like you as a guy, but I'm just saying all I've seen you do is post in suggestions about how bad they are but never contribute yourself.  I'll drop it as well.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 03:08:30 AM »
City RP is similar to prison RP. You live day to day under oppression and limited freedom from a higher ruler.

Prison RP would need the D6 like city RP had to keep it interesting and fun.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »
City RP is similar to prison RP. You live day to day under oppression and limited freedom from a higher ruler.

Prison RP would need the D6 like city RP had to keep it interesting and fun.

It is very similar.  There would still be areas like D6, just not blatantly obvious, areas such as the showers, court yard, etc.  There aren't cameras everywhere, there aren't secret audio bugs, no 'spy' prisoners to prevent resistanceRP from happening in an appropriate location. 

I thought it was dumb to have an area where the 'enemy' couldn't patrol anyways.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 09:12:23 PM »
What I see here:

Replacement for HL2RP - Reskinned HL2RP
Live free or die

Offline Tyrex