Author Topic: Remove the strip club  (Read 13941 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Remove the strip club
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 06:27:14 PM »
Heres an idea;

Have the strip club moved up into D1 outside the plaza. Make it a standard bar within the room you enter (and ones that MPF units can come in and check every once in a while but where you can't shout at people for being noisy and little things like that). Then, there will be a door or underground kinda thing with the strip club hidden away

this is the current course of action, just need to find a spot to put it

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 12:19:10 AM »
If you move it to D1, then don't make it a strip club or anything, because strip club encourages UPA which is a level one offense. So that only ends up in a shithole when CPs can access it as well.

Just make it a bar/café with UU issued drinks, and people can use the stage for whatever passive RP they can think of. Like run actual talk shows or something.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 12:30:43 AM »
What ever happened to changing it this time around to focusing on citizen RP?
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »
What ever happened to changing it this time around to focusing on citizen RP?
It was more of a "we need to focus more". Well now its like the whole white night to dark night thing. There's too much in our attempt to balance. Now CPs have nothing to do.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 01:49:30 AM »
Now CPs have nothing to do.

And who's fault is that? Take away the strip club and you're still going to have the same exact problem. There wasn't a strip club on C45, that didn't stop me from running the safe haven and taking the entire citizen population under one roof. C17_Indus didn't have a strip club (but I used TT to make one) but I still managed to get the entire citizen population under one roof.

Just because you remove the strip club, doesn't mean it's going to change anything at all. Citizens will find another place to migrate too until you get rid of D2 as a whole. At that point no one is going to play since units, for the most part, will damage their roleplay. I believe I said this in another thread but recruits need to go through OOC training so they can learn how to not fuck up citizenRP while still participating in it.

Personally I don't see the problem with the strip club. On my unit I go out and try to create roleplay myself, I don't need the entire citizen population doing jack shit in plaza to do that. A CWU worker running a stand? Oh, maybe I'll go over there and talk to him/her. A citizen who seems to just be wondering around? I'll walk up to him/her and begin talking with them. Units sitting around in the Nexus? I'll spark up some Roleplay(perhaps even something NOVA orientated since my unit is in NOVA...)

I'm sorry guys, but many of you seem to not understand a key element to serious roleplay. You need to create it. It won't just magically come to you. Removing the strip club does nothing. Go and try it out for a week, you'll see it does nothing at all.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 01:53:54 AM »
yet again you are claiming units are ruining roleplay yet failing to back it up, and i haven't really seen units doing anything of the sort

cow your last paragraph is pretty silly, you can't create roleplay if nobody is there to fucking roleplay with, in this case how does one create roleplay in the districts if nobody even goes there. map adjustments need to be made to sort out this, and moving the strip club or doing something to it will be one step to sorting this out
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:57:00 AM by Teitoku Ippan »

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 01:55:31 AM »
If you move it to D1, then don't make it a strip club or anything, because strip club encourages UPA which is a level one offense. So that only ends up in a shithole when CPs can access it as well.

Just make it a bar/café with UU issued drinks, and people can use the stage for whatever passive RP they can think of. Like run actual talk shows or something.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

Or make a cafe and keep the strip club
Hey, don't we already have a cafe?
Why do we need another if we already have one.
Hmm, now that I look at it, there are many building for d1 rp.
Could you problem be that they aren't being used?
NO.
The problem is clearly that anti-citizens who wouldn't come into d1 anyway are congregating in a place for anti-citizens.
We need to remove the place where anti-citizens go and replace it with something regular citizens go.
Because that will solve the problem.

Edit:
I feel as if the concept may be too complex for people to deal with so I have made some illustrations to help show it.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:19:10 AM by Doctor Nice roButt »

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 03:32:54 AM »
What zombie drew, sums things pretty much up.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 03:46:27 AM »
probably the fact you dont need loyalist points is ur problem not the strip club

Offline Grom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 04:29:12 AM »
yet again you are claiming units are ruining roleplay yet failing to back it up, and i haven't really seen units doing anything of the sort

cow your last paragraph is pretty silly, you can't create roleplay if nobody is there to fucking roleplay with, in this case how does one create roleplay in the districts if nobody even goes there. map adjustments need to be made to sort out this, and moving the strip club or doing something to it will be one step to sorting this out
There's nobody in the districts because there's no reason to go there. There's also the fact a lot of citizen roleplay revolves around subversive behavior towards the Combine - drinking, swearing, whining about the latest raid that messed up your apartment, trading in black-market goods, listening to music... all of that gets you beaten over the head and thrown in a cell for an hour or so OOC time. CP roleplay revolves around maintaining the peace and citizen roleplay often revolves around disrupting it, and given nobody wants to sit in a dark cell for an hour, it's not surprising they don't do it where units can find them.

If you want citizens to be in the main districts give them things to do there. The CWU and the People's Loyalist Party are trying hard to create places where citizens can roleplay, and when I was on the other day there were a good dozen citizens and workers wandering around the main districts as the CWU set up their cafe and the PLP prepared their lounge.

Moving the strip club is a bad idea because there's already two cafes on the surface that serve the same purpose (locations where citizens can come together and roleplay passively).

I'm not really sure what you guys want. When citizens were on the server yesterday, you guys weren't roleplaying with them - you were marching around in circles, occasionally stopping to watch and ask in LOOC what was going on before walking off or shooting people in/sweeping through D2. I didn't see any interaction between units and citizens apart from the fight and subsequent search of the sewers, and that's more roleplay than most citizens get to do when they're stuck hanging around in the plaza. I don't see what the complaining is about.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 09:23:29 AM »
Make some interesting loyalist things in the plaza. Move the strip club closer to d1 and 2 and maybe put it surface level (maybe put it where i had added district 3 in my edit)
And leave the sewers for the dangerous or powerful rebels.
I'm still sticking with this.

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »

This is silly.
You are silly.
What is your definition of unit RP?
The only 2 units I have seen RP with citizens is Dr. Pepper and Cow, and Pepper got KILLED FOR IT.
We have mappers, mappers can create additional areas in the map. They can EXPAND the map, they do not need to DESTROY/MOVE pieces of it.
Make interesting things in the plaza, and leave the stripclub as a place for anti-citizens. I went on my CWU char with Vengeance and we set up a cafe, and all of the units walked right past it and then whined about how there is noone to RP with. Only Pepper and Cow stopped, there were citizens who passed by who stopped and bought food. All the other units ignored the RP that was going on.

If you are ignorant to the RP that goes on in the plaza, you are the one at fault. Not the map.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 07:16:22 PM »

This is silly.
You are silly.
What is your definition of unit RP?
The only 2 units I have seen RP with citizens is Dr. Pepper and Cow, and Pepper got KILLED FOR IT.
We have mappers, mappers can create additional areas in the map. They can EXPAND the map, they do not need to DESTROY/MOVE pieces of it.
Make interesting things in the plaza, and leave the stripclub as a place for anti-citizens. I went on my CWU char with Vengeance and we set up a cafe, and all of the units walked right past it and then whined about how there is noone to RP with. Only Pepper and Cow stopped, there were citizens who passed by who stopped and bought food. All the other units ignored the RP that was going on.

If you are ignorant to the RP that goes on in the plaza, you are the one at fault. Not the map.

I RP with citizens and pepper did not get killed for rping with citizens I don't understand where you got that shit information from, he killed himself.

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 07:41:47 PM »
-snip-

I RP with citizens and pepper did not get killed for rping with citizens I don't understand where you got that shit information from, he killed himself.
I did not know that he killed himself, my information was that he RPed with citizens and then he got PKed later on.
On another topic;
There are various spots where shops/housing/bars could be placed.
These spots have buildings already, however the doors are not doors. They are just walls.
Examples;
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

This one has 2 buildings.
Build things here, instead of deleting/removing things.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
already suggested to oz to renovate those 2 buildings into something for the plaza such as apartments or a CWU HQ (instead of that nexus looking HQ they have which doesn't make much sense imo)

those 2 random doors that are placed illogically annoy the hell out of me, i dont even know why they are there in the first place especially when you look on the other side and see its not even possible for them to be there realistically

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal