Author Topic: Remove the strip club  (Read 14052 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Remove the strip club
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 01:39:00 AM »
i dont want to go into the plaza anyway
all you want to do is make us move somewhere else and degrade the sewers
besides you units act so aggressive i dont want anything to do with the plaza
'move along' is a very fun rp directive

Yak is right.

If you can't find roleplay or create it, you are a bad RP'er. Simple as that. Mostly only units have this problem so they resort to destroying citizen RP because they get something out of it, as they can't create RP or find it on their own.

Just because you can't RP doesn't mean you should take it out on others, simple as that.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Remove the strip club
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 06:09:43 AM »

Yak is right.

If you can't find roleplay or create it, you are a bad RP'er. Simple as that. Mostly only units have this problem so they resort to destroying citizen RP because they get something out of it, as they can't create RP or find it on their own.

Just because you can't RP doesn't mean you should take it out on others, simple as that.

But what if unit RP is exactly that?
You cant just make yourself invisible against units with the excuse that you are busy RPing.

Because as far as I remember, HL2RP is about citizens and combine. Not just citizens.
If you want just citizens, go play OCRP.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Remove the strip club
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 06:11:57 AM »

Yak is right.

But what if unit RP is exactly that?
You cant just make yourself invisible against units with the excuse that you are busy RPing.

Because as far as I remember, HL2RP is about citizens and combine. Not just citizens.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
thanks for stating the obvious and adding nothing to the discussion and telling us to play a casual rp game mode

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 06:14:59 AM »
have fun with barely any population if all you do is sit underground twiddling your thumbs while units cant do any roleplay because the districts are completely deserted and we get no new players because they'll join, find fuck all in the main districts and get bored and leave and will lead to a slow death

the strip club needs to go, its become the "center" and which is why we need a plaza with stuff around it created which i believe is in the future plans for the map, the alternative is moving the strip club into a slums area of city 8 above ground like behind a district so we still have it but more citizens will actually be around the districts

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 06:55:07 AM »
this is dumb

removing the strip club will not solve the issue, adding more incentive to roleplay outside of it will(or at least, should be attempted before resorting to just removing it)
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 08:49:15 AM »
this is dumb

removing the strip club will not solve the issue, adding more incentive to roleplay outside of it will(or at least, should be attempted before resorting to just removing it)

I cannot remember who said it [in TS] but it something along the lines of:
"It's dumb to remove something good from a map for the sake of improvement, instead, improve the rest of the map to meet that standard"
have a nice day :)

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 10:58:08 AM »
its hard to RP in the plaza, even in the old map, when every CP wants to have an edge so sharp that they could cut through diamonds.

Joe Mcshmoe:"Heya!"
Mike Mcshmoe:"Oh, hey man!"
Best Cop 2014:"<:: Move! Isolate!"

that sums up, like, every unit.

the only unit i could ever rp with, was [CA]Kiwii (and thats only after my character suffered several traumatic experiences with his unit) and cow, because he wasn't a robocop at RCT.

i don't play much anymore, and am just waiting for outlands, because of these edgy cops. and they make up /half the server/. the other quarter are rebels in D2 and the last quarter are a mix of minges / loyalists who can still put up with the CP's shit.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 11:17:41 AM »
I've always tried to encourage citizen RP as much as possible on my unit. I think I've only told a guy to isolate once, when I was clamping.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »
its hard to RP in the plaza, even in the old map, when every CP wants to have an edge so sharp that they could cut through diamonds.

Joe Mcshmoe:"Heya!"
Mike Mcshmoe:"Oh, hey man!"
Best Cop 2014:"<:: Move! Isolate!"

that sums up, like, every unit.

the only unit i could ever rp with, was [CA]Kiwii (and thats only after my character suffered several traumatic experiences with his unit) and cow, because he wasn't a robocop at RCT.

i don't play much anymore, and am just waiting for outlands, because of these edgy cops. and they make up /half the server/. the other quarter are rebels in D2 and the last quarter are a mix of minges / loyalists who can still put up with the CP's shit.

Units aren't allowed to keep this kind of attitude towards citizens without a valid reason, especially recruits.
If you happen to get lol-move-along'd again, politely ask the unit in the LOOC chat for their reason. If they have none or fail to respond, please report them via a ban request or just send a PM to somebody who has authority over them.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »
i have never told a citizen to isolate on my unit unless i was clamping and even then i don't spam voice commands, i say, "<:: Please move away, it is not safe right now," or something along those lines

if i ever see a unit doing that i tell them to relax because the citizen isnt doing anything wrong and then i roleplay with them

it really is bullshit and it makes me angry to see it because it ruins the rp for the rest of the mpf when one unit tells everyone to isolate

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 04:15:39 PM »
Heres an idea;

Have the strip club moved up into D1 outside the plaza. Make it a standard bar within the room you enter (and ones that MPF units can come in and check every once in a while but where you can't shout at people for being noisy and little things like that). Then, there will be a door or underground kinda thing with the strip club hidden away
what

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 04:25:55 PM »
I've honestly never seen the CPs spamming isolate etc this time around. If someone could PM me with names, that'd be awesome.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »
I've honestly never seen the CPs spamming isolate etc this time around. If someone could PM me with names, that'd be awesome.
Someone came into the hospital complaining about units telling them to move along when trying to ask them a question. Didn't get the name though.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »
Someone came into the hospital complaining about units telling them to move along when trying to ask them a question. Didn't get the name though.

its really stupid and if i see them and theyre outside of razor i icly complain about them and tell them that im specialized in civic interaction, if they're in razor i just complain to superiors

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »

Some recruits have done this back on C18 and I've told them not to, which from what I've seen, they no longer do it. There needs to be OOC training included with the IC training so recruits are not all hard assed and whatnot.

I try my best to passiveRP with citizens, I don't yell at them and do all of that. In fact, I go out of my way to say hello to them and try to spark up a conversation because I'd like to roleplay. Only problem? Units begin to run up to me thinking I'm being mugged or something when all I'm doing is having a simple chat. It's as simple as 1 2 3, if you can't find RP or create it then you're just bad at roleplaying. Hard to accept but it's the truth.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal