Author Topic: Revert Unit Names  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Revert Unit Names
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:25:18 PM »
Can we make the CCA units have 3 digits in their names again? It's much easier to remember that way and isn't utterly pointless. 3 digits in more than enough, but 5 digits is really difficult to keep track of. I don't particularly care about the MPF name but the digits are annoying.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Revert Unit Names
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:29:06 PM »
Can we make the CCA units have 3 digits in their names again? It's much easier to remember that way and isn't utterly pointless. 3 digits in more than enough, but 5 digits is really difficult to keep track of. I don't particularly care about the MPF name but the digits are annoying.

if you struggle to remember 5 digits, just dont be retarded and remember the first 3/use the first 3

5 digits is much better in an organisational sense, especially when units have 3 digits that are very similar, we can use the last 2 to distinguish them from each other

also cids are 5 digits, so it makes sense that a units digits would be taken from a cid
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
With 3 digits we'll eventually have to recycle numbers which I'd rather not do.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:53:19 PM »

if you struggle to remember 5 digits, just dont be retarded and remember the first 3/use the first 3

5 digits is much better in an organisational sense, especially when units have 3 digits that are very similar, we can use the last 2 to distinguish them from each other

also cids are 5 digits, so it makes sense that a units digits would be taken from a cid

If we're going to call them by the first 3 anyway, then what exactly is the point of 5?

I can't agree, really. Even if their digits are similar, the fact of the matter remains that the numbers are still different, so unless said people aren't retarded themselves, they should be able to actively differentiate between their digits. Mistaking 118 with 116 is kind of hard since the numbers are still different...

Isn't the purpose of unit digits supposed to be an alias that separates them from their old citizen life? So making it their CID which is a permanant signification of their citizen days seems rather redundant.

>I'll never forget...

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »
i have a solution

use 4 digits
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »
i dont understand why we cant use 3 digits to begin with, then after all 999 digits have been exhausted (which will be a long long while), switch up to 4 digits etc

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »
With 3 digits we'll eventually have to recycle numbers which I'd rather not do.

I suppose I can understand that, but I just think its easier to have things as simplistic as possible.

edit:

i dont understand why we cant use 3 digits to begin with, then after all 999 digits have been exhausted (which will be a long long while), switch up to 4 digits etc

This.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 08:06:46 PM »
As if we are ever going to have 1000 units at all...
There is no reason why we need more than 3 digits, and 5 is just annoying to remember. Constantly I have to look back at the names when I write down something that contains his digits just to make sure I wrote the right digits. 3 is SO MUCH easier to remember in short periods of time.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 08:08:13 PM »

i think this would work the best right here actually. i vote for this.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »
As if we are ever going to have 1000 units at all...
There is no reason why we need more than 3 digits, and 5 is just annoying to remember. Constantly I have to look back at the names when I write down something that contains his digits just to make sure I wrote the right digits. 3 is SO MUCH easier to remember in short periods of time.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

Exactly. 5 is beyond unnecessary and a pain.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 09:09:20 PM »
i was actually wondering about this earlier and i would greatly appreciate only the 3 digits

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »
I say we just keep 5. I find five easy to remember (albeit I have very good recall) and my own digits could not be easier to remember. Just look at my signature.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »
So making it their CID

why would anyone do this, did someone do this?

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 09:56:39 PM »
I dont think we'd ever reach 1000 units anyway. And from my experience we've only had duplications of digits like 5 times. Idk, I guess it'd be nice to have 3 but I'm just used to that.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 12:52:17 AM »
i cant remember unit numbers, too long
my brain is lazy and needs easy to remember things like 211
the extra numbers just distract you

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal