Author Topic: Revert Unit Names  (Read 7511 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Revert Unit Names
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 01:04:30 AM »
Can't we just call units by their first three digits and then have the last two digits as a unique identifier?

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 01:06:44 AM »
Like I said, 5 is fine. If it's this big of a deal, just remember the first 3. I've yet to see anyone with the same first 3 digits, so you're fine.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 01:08:09 AM »
Can't we just call units by their first three digits and then have the last two digits as a unique identifier?
Like I said, 5 is fine. If it's this big of a deal, just remember the first 3. I've yet to see anyone with the same first 3 digits, so you're fine.

If we're going to call them by the first 3 anyway, then what exactly is the point of 5?

??

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 01:17:06 AM »
Why change it? Why does it bother you to see 5 when you can just call them out on the first 3?

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 01:22:47 AM »
Why change it? Why does it bother you to see 5 when you can just call them out on the first 3?

Simply out of my failing to see the need for more than is necessary and ease of remembrance. Not all of us are gifted with good memory. Yes, I can just try remembering the first 3 digits, however the last two often throw me off and makes it difficult to continue to recall for longer than a few minutes. Even for my CID, I often find myself having to hold f1 quite a few times before I can remember it for all of 2 minutes at rations, only to forget it again.

Coupled with the fact that I am evidently not the only one who feels this way. Plus we've always done it that way and its familiar.

>I'll never forget...

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 01:26:04 AM »
I still don't see the big deal with this, it's literally two digits. Should we just remove the two digits from the CID too since it's distracting?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 01:27:02 AM »

everything you post in suggestions is ignoring the suggestion and saying "well what we have already works okay so why change it even tho the majority wants it changed"

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 01:27:57 AM »

everything you post in suggestions is ignoring the suggestion and saying "well what we have already works okay so why change it even tho the majority wants it changed"

Pretty much this.

Why are you so against this even though most members want it this way and it's the way it was before. Stop being so lazy and listen to the people that make up the community.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 01:28:55 AM »
I still don't see the big deal with this, it's literally two digits. Should we just remove the two digits from the CID too since it's distracting?

If you like, you are more than welcome, though that's not really what I'm after. That's your prerogative.
 lol

>I'll never forget...

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 01:29:44 AM »

I'm not ignoring the suggestion. I'm asking why it's such a big deal - am I not allowed to ask? It's literally a simple question, I'm not being lazy because I can't change it to begin with.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 01:31:31 AM »

I'm not ignoring the suggestion. I'm asking why it's such a big deal - am I not allowed to ask? It's literally a simple question, I'm not being lazy because I can't change it to begin with.

it's not a big deal, it's a suggestion a lot of the community wants, it doesn't hinder anything and makes things simpler, there doesnt have to be an overarching gigantic reason to make a change if the community wants it, it worked before anyway, there's no reason to change the digits system

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 01:31:59 AM »

You are a developer and a HL2RP Super Admin. You have a say in this and it's why we are trying to get people to come the the realization that 3 digits is better and easier to read. Waffle is FAR MORE likely to listen to you than I or the creator of this thread if we were to message him on steam, and that's just how it is.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 01:33:29 AM »

The big deal is player preference. Simple as that.

>I'll never forget...

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 01:34:07 AM »
It is the way it is now because that is how it is by default. Khub literally just started pushing out updates, but maybe the digits change will suddenly pop up. I'm not against or for it, I just don't see a reason to change it - if people want it changed, feel free.

And no - I'm not really a superadmin. I'll quote the admin board since you guys don't actually know / can see this:

It's a bit confusing - but I can't access the HL2 RP admin board in any other way, and it gives me SA access to test stuff I'm making in the future. Hope that clears up the confusion about that at least.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 01:38:16 AM »
It is the way it is now because that is how it is by default. Khub literally just started pushing out updates, but maybe the digits change will suddenly pop up. I'm not against or for it, I just don't see a reason to change it - if people want it changed, feel free.

And no - I'm not really a superadmin. I'll quote the admin board since you guys don't actually know / can see this:

It's a bit confusing - but I can't access the HL2 RP admin board in any other way, and it gives me SA access to test stuff I'm making in the future. Hope that clears up the confusion about that at least.

Doesn't matter, your word is worth a lot more to waffle than any of ours combined. Having you support this and try to get this done will increase our chances by ten fold. Waffle won't listen to us but he will listen to you, simple as that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal