Author Topic: Denarius Vulcan's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Dredigan

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Denarius Vulcan's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »
Denarius Vulcan's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Revan(Dredigan, depending.)

IC Character Name: Denarius Vulcan

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
Denarius Vulcan is a character with an over-whelming sense of pride. Though he may think he's smarter than he is, he generally thinks he's better than everyone else around him. He believes that he can conquer all, be it through mental or physical means. Because he thinks he's the brightest person on the block, he doesn't like to hold himself on the bottom of the political scale.

Denarius was raised to be more of an oddball type of person. Never getting along with people that were around him, determination always took over to bring him to his goals. A profound hate for others boils inside of him, unless such can prove that they're better than he is. Most of the units he sees on a daily basis, he doesn't believe are worth respecting. And so, he is determined to climb the ranks of the Combine Civil Authority.

And for the third and foremost reason, Denarius wishes to uphold his own political beliefs. The Combine Civil Authority's ideals match closely to his ideal form of Government. His thinking would follow something along the lines of, "Why would I serve underneath something that I could help rule?" Though it may not be entirely true about the Civil Authority, he would like nothing less than to be in a position where he could uphold his own thoughts.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Prideful - Denarius has an a personal overwhelming sense of pride. He likes to think he's better than everyone else, to show for it.

Determined - Raised on the docks of Edinburg, Scotland, Denarius would have to be determined to achieve his goals.

Greedy - Simply put, Denarius craves power and money; he was generally out for himself, and still is.

Anti-Social - Raised on the docks of Edinburg, Denarius would have been working from an early age. As problems fall upon him, he would eventually begin to dislike others, and thus not wish to have many friends.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I've played as a unit on Catalyst before, so I basically know what to expect. Yet, I hope that I'm wrong for the most part. Most of my time in Catalyst resulted being around units who did a simple, "/me salutes". I'd expect much more than that, this time around. And I would expect nothing less to be pushed to my role playing limits.

For my character, I would think that his life would change drastically. Having an understanding what it is ICly, but not -entirely- sure, I'm sure that Denarius may be in for a surprise. I expect for him to not fit in that well with others, yet struggle to advance with the other recruits.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Denarius Vulcan sprawled to live in 1993, Edinburg, Scotland, as the fourth installment to his family.  However, his family fell apart after his birth, leaving the new-born up for adoption. Thus, Denarius was raised to a middle-class family in the same place of his birth, Edinburg, Scotland. For most of his youth, he worked underneath his father at the local docks after school. His father was one of the many people whom fished for a living, and Denarius was right at his heels to do so as well.

In the year 2002, Denarius' father's marriage began to crumble. Debts began to pile, and life seemed to turn upside down. In 2003, being only fifteen, his father and mother began to go through a lengthy divorce which would last until 2004; in this time period, Denarius would simply continue his job and drown out his emotions, remaining completely stoical. Once the divorce ended, his father had complete custody over the boy. Alongside that, his father began to drink and stop working as much as he use to, leaving Denarius to continue to work alone, in attempt to support the two-man family. However, despite everything Denarius would do to support his father and their life style, he was beat. His father was soon hospitalized due to a stroke. Denarius was informed that his father had very slim chances of surviving.

Many a lone nights Denarius spent at the hospital. He couldn't deny his love for his late-abusive father, however furious he may had been for his actions. Days and nights passed; and then so did his father. Denarius stayed stoical, sober, through the ordeal, but was emotionally damaged for some time. He worked without word for several more months until portal storms would begin to appear. Fear swelled inside of his body, but none would show, even if the man wanted it to. He felt almost inhuman.

Late 2006, extra-terrestrials  came from the swirling clouds. They invaded the city, and began to quell any resistance and anyone whom seemed harmful. Denarius retreated into his basement, blocked off the entries, and tuned a T.V to the news. He stayed quiet, without food or drink, for seven full hours until a broadcast of defeat spurred throughout the globe; one figure stood responsible it would seem, Wallace Breen. It made no matter, though. Denarius declined to live his life as some whelp if he could survive the in inevitable onslaught of his race. Once on the surface though, he was warded a surprise. The city was clamped off and survivors huddled into the man sections. Other-worldly begins took dead bodies from the streets, but did no harm to the remaining people.

At the end of 2006, to early 2007, beings in blue uniforms were dropped off at each city. They simply holed off areas, and stopped whatever crime which happened, all the while, they conscripted people into something known as the Metropolice Force. However, there was always the option of joining willingly. Denarius, despite being a stoical individual with a wall built around his mind, decided that it would be in his best interest to see how this plays out and not to join the army of men with alien technology. Midway through 2007, a train track was finally laid down at Edinburg, Scotland. A giant, blue, slick train rolled in, and each citizen was forced to board it. Miles, and miles, and miles went by, until they landed in Russia, or City Eighteen. Each citizen was given a plastic card by a member of the Metropolice Force, or now known as Combine Civil Authority. Each citizen was also given a matching blue City Eighteen jumpsuit.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yeah, I had a Civil Authority character here the last time the HL2RP was up and running.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
On Steam, it's been around three years. Six years, out of Steam.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Around three years, about two and a half.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since I began my serious role play career; around three years.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time(UTC -05:00)

5. In what country do you live?
The United States of America.

6. How old are you?
Fourteen.

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable experience may be that when my role play friend was shot in the stomach. After attempting to save his life, we both came to the sullen conclusion that it would be impossible for him to survive. And so, my first role play death hit me in the face, hard.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Denarius Vulcan
CID: 54084
Height: Six foot one.
Hair Colour Black.
Eye Colour: Blue.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: One-hundred-sixty-two pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Quick thinker, and is always determined to finish a task set before him.
Mental Defects: Selfish.
Mental Advantages: First to question, yet the first to carry out his duties.
Notable Qualities: Re-thinks everything set before him; generally able to find faults in plans.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes - I am willing.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I, Denarius Vulcan, wish to join the Combine Civil Authority for a plethora of reasons. The Universal Union and I have the same views; as a child, I would discuss politics with others, up to even being a young adult. My ideals and thoughts match perfectly to those of which the Union hold. A government with an iron fist without a threat to collapse in on itself. Secondly, the Universal Union keep society civilized without as many freedoms as some wish they had. But I would say in response that freedom is a lie and would only create misfortune; the Combine counter this effectively. Finally, I mentioned that my ideals match with that of the Universal Union. Why would I only live by them, why I could enforce them as well?

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Denarius Vulcan hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Denarius Vulcan's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
Accepted for interview

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:41:39 PM »
UNIT:32188
SECTION:RAZOR
CLEARANCE:OFC

Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

New File Opened: msg.0000003
Send To: ECHO HC and TrOs [asdf]
Subject: Xavier Levi

<::|| Denarius Vulcan has been accepted into the Union after completion of interview.||::>

Saving File As: msg.0000003
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting 23512351
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

//Needs whitelist for mpf
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
Whitelist issued.
Enjoy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal