Author Topic: The Big Question.  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Big Question.
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »
I'm sure that people have been wondering this, but the question of the day is, where are we going in terms of canon, characters, events, etc? Are we starting fresh? Are our characters as if they didn't exist? I'm just wondering how we should approach going into this new server.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Big Question.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
I say we should RP the old city being blown up by whatever and everyone dying except for a few people which idk how that would work out but the blowing up thing would only work if we switched to a new map

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 07:25:23 PM »
i just want to make my fag hood again so if we restart its happening

but without retarded people with me this time holy shit that was dumb

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:27:21 PM »
well like 2 weeks before the server died the server canon resulted in ozjackal's group third eye causing a city-scale uprising and 621 disengaged the nexus core and blew the city up so you could use that as the key point and continue canon from there in a different city

but im pretty sure i heard its new characters and everything (it'd be cool to have some of the survivors of the other city maybe make a special appearance every now and then but i wouldn't want to see every single one of them acting like it never happened)

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:32:47 PM »
I think that there should be all new characters. New stories, people, personalities and the what not. And no body feels bad about some people getting thier old character back and not them.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 08:12:45 PM »
I'd sorta like it if we were able to bring back old characters. Some people have a lot of history with them, and are even the reason why they play on the server. So we could just bring back citizen characters, and tell people to remake them. Old authorizations included, but no OOC item refunding. CCA/CWU/Vort characters can't really be refunded though as they base off applications. Just my thought.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 08:14:16 PM »
if you cant deal with not having a character you should be on a serious roleplay server

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »
there shouldnt be any old characters returning at all, that includes CCA units with the same digits as before

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 08:18:44 PM »
Never said I couldn't deal with it. Just my thoughts on what should happen. New characters are easy to make i'm just suggesting we get old characters so people who are attached to them will come back, and play. It isn't even a hard thing to do. The only effort that would be required is by the player himself. The fact that it's easy to do, and will at least get more people for launching a server will help a lot. It doesn't effect the server in a negative way really.

Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »
Some people have a lot of history with them, and are even the reason why they play on the server.

im talking about what you said here, if the only reason you're(aimed at anyone) coming back is that you can roleplay a character you're attached too and if you can't roleplay them you won't come back then srs rp isnt for you

edit:

ricky meant to post this but fell asleep:

04:26 - Ric: if you cant deal with not having a character you should be on a serious roleplay server
04:27 - Ric: The overwhelming majority of people who indulge in serious roleplay are social degenerates who play out the roles of people they don't have the balls to be.
04:27 - smt: ok
04:27 - smt: post ur responses
04:27 - smt: in the thread
04:27 - Ric: I'm not going to call our playerbase a bunch of social degenerates.
04:27 - smt: why not
04:28 - Ric: Because I don't want them to hate me.
04:28 - Ric has changed their name to Ric ~ Sleep.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:34:00 PM by smt »

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
Some people have a lot of history with them, and are even the reason why they play on the server.

im talking about what you said here, if the only reason you're(aimed at anyone) coming back is that you can roleplay a character you're attached too and if you can't roleplay them you won't come back then srs rp isnt for you

Yeah that's understandable, and i'll accept that it is true. People do need to know about moving on when characters die. You are right, but I just don't see any real negative effect in remaking a characters memory, authorizations, description, etc. Items are gone so there is no trouble there and, we could easily just remake only citizens. Remaking CCA, or any application/structured faction we can forget about as those can be done from scratch.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 08:33:07 PM »
Personally I don't see an issue with bringing back some old characters. But like Raged said, it should be sparing. Me personally, I'm most likely not bringing back any of my old characters, except maybe Tekel'Pakem if I am able to. I'm don't even want to bring 211 back. I wanna start mostly fresh.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 08:37:33 PM »
going to quote what i said earlier

there shouldnt be any old characters returning at all, that includes CCA units with the same digits as before

its supposed to be a full reset, which means your old characters shouldnt be returning plus you shouldnt need to rely on your old characters anymore, just start new stories with new characters and roleplay with them, start completely fresh

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »
whole fresh idea is dumb it should be based in the same universe as the previous canon was just in another city

ITS CALLED ADDING DEPTH TO YOUR SERVER

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »
whole fresh idea is dumb it should be based in the same universe as the previous canon was just in another city

ITS CALLED ADDING DEPTH TO YOUR SERVER

I have to agree.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal