Author Topic: The Big Question.  (Read 6041 times)

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Big Question.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 10:35:39 PM »
going to quote what i said earlier

there shouldnt be any old characters returning at all, that includes CCA units with the same digits as before

its supposed to be a full reset, which means your old characters shouldnt be returning plus you shouldnt need to rely on your old characters anymore, just start new stories with new characters and roleplay with them, start completely fresh
But what is the PURPOSE of starting fresh? It doesn't do a thing. Compare it to the CCA Reforms that HAD to be done for some apparent reason. The reform never did anything it just pissed people off. This is no different, but just on a larger scale.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »
going to quote what i said earlier

there shouldnt be any old characters returning at all, that includes CCA units with the same digits as before

its supposed to be a full reset, which means your old characters shouldnt be returning plus you shouldnt need to rely on your old characters anymore, just start new stories with new characters and roleplay with them, start completely fresh
But what is the PURPOSE of starting fresh? It doesn't do a thing. Compare it to the CCA Reforms that HAD to be done for some apparent reason. The reform never did anything it just pissed people off. This is no different, but just on a larger scale.

He makes a valid point. It's quite similar to the reforms, just in a different skin. I think you should just let the players decide if they wanna start fresh or not; don't force them.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »
If people want to bring back old characters, just make them fill out a short application that just allows us to keep track of whose back, if their skills are legit, etc. Maybe make them reference old auth apps, etc? That way, if people really want to bring back their characters that have development and skills, they can bring the proof to the table.

Also, maybe just waiting a few weeks before allowing people to bring back old characters? That way, new characters can get settled in and make a name for themselves without the past coming to haunt us to quick :P

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:52 PM »
The reform never did anything it just pissed people off.

Even if I told you, you wouldn't understand.

Anyways, old characters shouldn't be making a return. I'm with raged on this one. The fun of RP is developing your character, which by just having everyone's old character wouldn't really force them to develop their character.

C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 11:14:37 PM »
some people think they should have power or are good enough for power but really they arent  :-*

damnnn nigga watch the fuck out got the glock ready to squeeze nigga check every alley nigga i be there watch that shit

i have a vest on all my chars

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 11:18:05 PM »
i do not support applications at all for character returns, i'm talking about the one-off event of a character appearing for something that may be significant or whatever (for example, another uprising occurs so they bring in some of the old DvL's as advisors on how to deal with the issue)

old characters should be left to die besides only playing background roles

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 11:20:19 PM »
i do not support applications at all for character returns, i'm talking about the one-off event of a character appearing for something that may be significant or whatever (for example, another uprising occurs so they bring in some of the old DvL's as advisors on how to deal with the issue)

old characters should be left to die besides only playing background roles

actually not a bad idea here

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »
Yes it sucks to lose characters that you've worked on but in this case it's everyone's
If someone can't stand losing their character even though everyone else would be aswell then they shouldn't be serious rping

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 10:57:29 PM »
I agree in bringing back characters within respected reason yes.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 12:45:07 AM »
Hang on, I'm a bit lost here.

Are we talking about bringing back dead characters through a possible application system or are we talking about characters that were living at the time of the last version of HL2RP?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 01:02:12 AM »
i don't mind "characters" coming back but what i do mind is generic "hey i was from c45" "hey me too wow cool" from every character, it should be rare, maybe let anyone remake their citizens (dont think many units should come back at all, just start fresh on that end) but just focus people on making new citizens first and bringing their old ones back just less than often

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 03:11:14 AM »
Me and Sexy Frog lost a robot monkey we got a few weeks before shut down that we never got to use.
Please don't bring characters back, it would be insane.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 03:13:38 AM »
Hang on, I'm a bit lost here.

Are we talking about bringing back dead characters through a possible application system or are we talking about characters that were living at the time of the last version of HL2RP?

im talking living characters that survived that would have an event based reason to be in the server to help orchestrate an event or storyline

not like some dead zealot target returning from the dead and making up an excuse to how they removed a sniper bullet from their head

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 04:33:48 AM »
Is there going to be some sort of development going on or will it be the same? It's like when Gmod 13 came out- server was full a day or 2, then went back to 10 tops. I'm looking forward to this and all but yeah. Also that being said I don't think bringing old chars back is that big of a deal. People who took the time to make apps should have them back but CCA characters etc. aren't really worth giving back.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:22:43 AM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 01:46:42 PM »
Perhaps a mid way terms of solving the problem would be having it so you can't have the characters themselves back, but you can rp characters who knew of them or knew them for a short while in some sort of regards? So that enables you to keep the canon going as somebody could say "oh i met joe bloggs from city45, he said it was horrible there than i never saw him again after it went bang" or those sort of regards

(just a thought)
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal