Author Topic: cwu  (Read 8271 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: cwu
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 04:32:17 PM »
Don't get too far into planning. Not sure who waffle wants in charge yet.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 05:09:16 PM »
since when did we have to be in charge to draft a change plan for people to get ideas from

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 05:12:28 PM »
because whoever gets it may choose to do his own thing rather than something someone else said

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »
since when did we have to be in charge to draft a change plan for people to get ideas from
Stop being defensive. Statua was reminding you that while you may plan whatever you so please for the CWU, whomever Rofl does place in charge of the CWU will have the authority to either use or discard your system and ideas.
Live free or die

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »
Stop being defensive. Statua was reminding you that while you may plan whatever you so please for the CWU, whomever Rofl does place in charge of the CWU will have the authority to either use or discard your system and ideas.

and I was merely reminding him that I can plan things if I'd like to, and post them here for people to discuss. It's not being defensive by pointing that fact out

and also, I'd just like to drop this here

In the past, decisions regarding Half-Life 2 Roleplay at Catalyst Gaming have been made by the administration team and "respected players." With the return of HL2RP at Catalyst Gaming, we want to increasingly place the responsibility of decision making into the hands of the community. In these boards, all opinions are as valid as the next. Each will be given the same consideration, no matter the rank, prestige, or experience of whoever posts it. If you have a suggestion and wish for it to be heard, you should post it here.

~ Ricky

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 10:42:27 PM »
why does a server owner who virtually never got on hl2rp decide who gets to hold IC positions and organize IC factions......like, why micromanage? Laissez Faire leadership man. Hands off, let the playerbase choose who runs it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:12:33 PM by Grand Master Kronos-MRL »

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 11:12:03 PM »
why does a server owner who virtually never got on hl2rp decide who gets to run it......like, why micromanage? Laissez Faire leadership man. Hands off, let the playerbase choose who runs it.
I was also wondering this.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:16 PM »

and I was merely reminding him that I can plan things if I'd like to, and post them here for people to discuss. It's not being defensive by pointing that fact out

In the past, decisions regarding Half-Life 2 Roleplay at Catalyst Gaming have been made by the administration team and "respected players." With the return of HL2RP at Catalyst Gaming, we want to increasingly place the responsibility of decision making into the hands of the community. In these boards, all opinions are as valid as the next. Each will be given the same consideration, no matter the rank, prestige, or experience of whoever posts it. If you have a suggestion and wish for it to be heard, you should post it here.

~ Ricky
I agree that Rofl really should not be the one who chooses faction leaders, because he will likely not be very active. In regards to the mission statement, the statement applies generally to decisions within HL2RP. As always, suggestions within factions are for the leader of each faction to approve or deny. Statua was simply saying that you should not become too invested in a plan that has a likelihood to not even be implemented.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:33:16 PM by Ricky »
Live free or die

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 01:28:50 AM »

~ Ricky
I agree that Rofl really should not be the one who chooses faction leaders, because he will likely not be very active. In regards to the mission statement, the statement applies generally to decisions within HL2RP. As always, suggestions within factions are for the leader of each faction to approve or deny. Statua was simply saying that you should not become too invested in a plan that has a likelihood to not even be implemented.

The whole "server owner choosing who will lead factions" deal is probably something to avoid a popularity contest, when it actually would become a popularity contest. The one who knows the rofl best and is the smartest of his friends wins.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 01:54:16 AM »
If no one can trust Rofl, then how about we just elect the former CWU members who led it previously?

In the event that said former members were incompetent or are absent, then just have everyone post an application and the best out of the lot gets to lead.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 02:05:36 AM »
If no one can trust Rofl, then how about we just elect the former CWU members who led it previously?

In the event that said former members were incompetent or are absent, then just have everyone post an application and the best out of the lot gets to lead.

i think the idea is that to get new ones because the old ones werent the best

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 02:07:38 AM »
i think the idea is that to get new ones because the old ones werent the best

In that case, an application drive would probably be the best course of action.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 02:10:57 AM »
shouldn't that be the case for all faction lead positions?

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 02:13:04 AM »

Would make sense, however a lot of the more competent faction leaders are still here or coming back, so in a way it would make sense to simply give them the lead if they accept it.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:54 AM »

Would make sense, however a lot of the more competent faction leaders are still here or coming back, so in a way it would make sense to simply give them the lead if they accept it.

True.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal