Author Topic: cwu  (Read 8270 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
cwu
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:46:42 AM »
on the topic of broadening the duties of the cwu to include medical hospitality for citizens, perhaps they should also add in another potential area which they can fulfil rather than the cca by basic maintenance and repairing of electrical/plumbing/building materials in citizen related areas

so basically they'd be involved with running stores like usual, medical related things as well as maintenance and repairing things and the like

CCA would still be responsible for repairing their own relevant equipment and CCA-affiliated buildings such as the ration terminal but it doesn't seem very realistic that they'd handle all repairs on a city wide scale

i suppose it would come down to whether you wanted to exclude CCA from having the opportunity to do that roleplay or argue that they never did it in the first place and that it should be given more to the citizen faction for more roleplay opportunities

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: cwu
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 01:03:52 AM »
I was always for them treating citizens in place of NOVA, but when I always requested to teach CWU workers, I was told to basically fuck off. The CWU was really neglected before, and I think they should generally be the face of the bureaucracy for the Union. The CCA should be the police force, not the 'fix everything and do everything', because then they aren't doing their jobs as metroCOPS.

so yes please make the cwu worth more than just donuts and tea

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:39:22 AM »
If your gunna do it like that, add a request form/call feature in-game. So you can contact them and have them fix whatever. If theres a pluming problem in an apartment, you shouldn't leave to get them, they should come to you, yes?

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:02:44 AM »
If your gunna do it like that, add a request form/call feature in-game. So you can contact them and have them fix whatever. If theres a pluming problem in an apartment, you shouldn't leave to get them, they should come to you, yes?

could just have a front office where you can lodge requests and they handle it whenever they have avaliable staff (flagged up members) or whatever

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 03:23:49 AM »
Run the CWU like a service department as opposed to a volunteer organisation. Workers need a job sheet for each job which goes back to the service manager and then payment is collected from the client and a cut is funneled back to the employee. Have the occasional group task with higher pay.

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »
Could add for a lot of passive RP, which is good in a world of action.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »
You can also have them be event planners, so to speak. One way to promote cooperation between the CWU and CA's would be that whenever the CA's go out for a public speech (granted, its rare) they can be in charge of preparations. Kind of similar to the preparations that are made when an important person comes to speak in a town like the president/prime minister/secretary/whatever. They can be in charge of establishing minor security measures, keeping track of other things, etc.

That aside, you can also use them to revive that old idea that someone had about News Papers. Reporting crap that happens around the city. I think that'd be kind of cool to be. A reporter in HL2rp. Granted the material published would be all pro-UU and they'd just bore the paper with propaganda and stuff, but its something.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
I think that the best way to go about things for reforming the CWU is to give them a lot more responsibility in terms of dealing with everyday tasks. Honestly, the CCA is more of a police force, and wouldn’t need to stoop down to do things like managing work forces, fixing up citizens, feeding them, etc. Of course, they could help in supervising, and stepping in when there’s issues, but generally, a loyalist base of citizens would be doing that, right?

My idea for the CWU is to really broaden out their responsibilities, and develop a system of departments, kind of like how the CCA has divisions. Rather than really having a small area of things that every worker can do, I think giving the overall CWU task, and specializing certain members, would be a route that would not only be viable, but attract people to actually become a member of the CWU and develop their character. Here is kind of the way I’d see these departments working out:

The Department of Personnel Management:
   -This department is basically the recruitment, training, and leadership department. Executive decisions about members, new recruits, training, and departmental changes would be made here. Along with that, this department would be the one heavily involved in coordinating with the CA and the heads of the CCA as well. Basically, this is the administrative department, aka management and training.

The Department of Logistics:
   -This department would be in charge of the logistical side of the CWU. This would mean that they’re responsible for managing the production/packaging/distribution of CWU goods, managing/running any factories (cool idea factories ya), planning CWU events and setting them up, etc. Members would be trained to not only perform these tasks, but interact with citizen volunteers, CCA members assisting, etc.

The Department of Services:
   -This department would more than likely be the largest of the different departments. This department is the one that would be in charge of running storefronts, having restaurants/cafes, etc. Along with that, though, this department would also have several ‘Outreach Programs’, in a sense. These would include loyalty seminars, safety seminars (speaking about how to stay safe as a loyalist, in a sense), career options within the CWU/CCA, etc. Basically, this department would be chief in dealing with the citizens themselves, whether it’s through stores, food (rations maybe? Why do CCA need to do this lol?), or programs for citizens.

The Department of Infrastructure:

-This department is the one I’m least sure about, but is probably also the one I see the least observed/thought about in our previous roleplay environment. GRID was always responsible for upkeep of the Nexus and other Union facilities, but in terms of the rest of the city’s main locations/features, no one really was assigned to those. Raking leaves, repairing streets/buildings, I mean, that wasn’t really paid attention to. That’s what this department does. They are charged with tidying the city, helping manage natural disasters, repairing damage to windows/doors/building interiors, etc. This would be a great opportunity for not only passive roleplay, but involvement for citizen volunteers, or even labor punishments?

Anyways, I think restructuring the CWU to have more opportunities for specialization would be a good idea to get more, active members.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »
I think that the best way to go about things for reforming the CWU is to give them a lot more responsibility in terms of dealing with everyday tasks. Honestly, the CCA is more of a police force, and wouldn’t need to stoop down to do things like managing work forces, fixing up citizens, feeding them, etc. Of course, they could help in supervising, and stepping in when there’s issues, but generally, a loyalist base of citizens would be doing that, right?

My idea for the CWU is to really broaden out their responsibilities, and develop a system of departments, kind of like how the CCA has divisions. Rather than really having a small area of things that every worker can do, I think giving the overall CWU task, and specializing certain members, would be a route that would not only be viable, but attract people to actually become a member of the CWU and develop their character. Here is kind of the way I’d see these departments working out:

-This department is basically the recruitment, training, and leadership department. Executive decisions about members, new recruits, training, and departmental changes would be made here. Along with that, this department would be the one heavily involved in coordinating with the CA and the heads of the CCA as well. Basically, this is the administrative department, aka management and training.

-This department would be in charge of the logistical side of the CWU. This would mean that they’re responsible for managing the production/packaging/distribution of CWU goods, managing/running any factories (cool idea factories ya), planning CWU events and setting them up, etc. Members would be trained to not only perform these tasks, but interact with citizen volunteers, CCA members assisting, etc.

-This department would more than likely be the largest of the different departments. This department is the one that would be in charge of running storefronts, having restaurants/cafes, etc. Along with that, though, this department would also have several ‘Outreach Programs’, in a sense. These would include loyalty seminars, safety seminars (speaking about how to stay safe as a loyalist, in a sense), career options within the CWU/CCA, etc. Basically, this department would be chief in dealing with the citizens themselves, whether it’s through stores, food (rations maybe? Why do CCA need to do this lol?), or programs for citizens.

-This department is the one I’m least sure about, but is probably also the one I see the least observed/thought about in our previous roleplay environment. GRID was always responsible for upkeep of the Nexus and other Union facilities, but in terms of the rest of the city’s main locations/features, no one really was assigned to those. Raking leaves, repairing streets/buildings, I mean, that wasn’t really paid attention to. That’s what this department does. They are charged with tidying the city, helping manage natural disasters, repairing damage to windows/doors/building interiors, etc. This would be a great opportunity for not only passive roleplay, but involvement for citizen volunteers, or even labor punishments?

Anyways, I think restructuring the CWU to have more opportunities for specialization would be a good idea to get more, active members.

I actually really like all of these suggestions, something for CWU to do other than just sell donuts.  I would also like a newspaper thing like Sexy said.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »

LoneforOrganizer2k14

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »
yes please promote me to your leader and i will create the following:

1) interesting cwu stuff and organization
1) donuts with different flavor profiles and maybe fillings???
2) a rp reason for unique clothes
3) a group that will be more desirable than the cca!
5) counting classes

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 09:14:09 PM »
yes please promote me to your leader and i will create the following:

no

maybe i mean u sound like an idiot???? but ok if u can

sounds cool ur ideas buddy i would like a good thing like the cwu having fun

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:16:15 PM by Bohimina »

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 12:59:38 AM »
im working on creating a system that should make people more interested in either joining the cwu and actively roleplaying their worker, or just generally being involved with them. I should have a rough outline by the end of this weekend or so

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 01:01:56 AM »
im working on creating a system that should make people more interested in either joining the cwu and actively roleplaying their worker, or just generally being involved with them. I should have a rough outline by the end of this weekend or so

what about medical

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 01:11:32 AM »
i do have plans for medical yes you shall see patience young one

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal