Author Topic: First week if high school  (Read 11460 times)

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
First week if high school
« on: September 03, 2013, 10:36:29 PM »
Well, it's my first day/week tomorro, any tips on how to start off the year?

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: First week if high school
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:48:43 PM »
Same shit as middle school. As long as you arnt a bitch(I'm serious) you'll be fine. Oh and get involved with things outside of class like clubs or sports. You'll meet a lot of people.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »
As someone who's no longer in High School;

Don't give a single fuck about the people. Have friends, sure, but realize that you'll more often than not, never speak to any of those high school friends again. If you're looking at post-secondary school (college), your grades DO matter, get good ones, other than that, nothing you do will be remembered from high school.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 12:10:57 AM »
Somone's advice is pretty bad lmfao. Friends are just as important in high school as grades are. Sure, you may not keep in touch with all of them after you leave, but just having those connections and relationships helps you grow, and prepares you for the real world. I've got a ton of friends who have gone off to college on the east coast, and I talk with them all the time, whether it be Facebook, email, texting, Skype, etc. We just talk about like and stuff, and it's really cool. We've got access to that now with all the social media and related stuff.

My advice to you: make friends, and be open to things. Make sure you actually try at schoolwork, and manage organization/homework/studying. It'll get harder as you go through, so make sure you stay on top of things. High school's pretty fun, but it does take work.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »
Well, both of you are right. Make friends and have some buddies you can rely on, but be prepared to move on after you all graduate and move on with your lives. Dont let it get in the way of your work though. High school prepares you for post-secondary. Those who slacked through high school show in college/university as they struggle to learn from lectures and studying. Just remember, you're not even close to being finished with education.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 12:46:48 AM »
head up and mind yo own business, be funny.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 04:15:42 AM »
if someone starts to be a prick with you (there is always a bully at school) then do not be afraid to stand up to them, and if they continue, ignore when teachers go "do not retaliate tell teacher yes???" because that shit makes things worse but instead smash their teeth down their throat.

also yes try to do the best you can and get the best grades you can achieve then you can become a strong intelligent man and go to college/uni later on

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 08:47:37 AM »
if someone starts to be a prick with you (there is always a bully at school) then do not be afraid to stand up to them, and if they continue, ignore when teachers go "do not retaliate tell teacher yes???" because that shit makes things worse but instead smash their teeth down their throat.

also yes try to do the best you can and get the best grades you can achieve then you can become a strong intelligent man and go to college/uni later on
To add to this:
It's fine to be an asshole to assholes. But don't be an asshole yourself.
In other words, when someone bullies you, you can somehow counter their bullshit back at them. But show yourself as a positive guy to your teachers and pay attention in class. This will set you up with a nice reputation of a positive good student to your teachers, and a person not to fuck with to all other students.

So simply said: Don't get into trouble yourself. But fight trouble back.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »
Don't try to fit in and don't take anyones bullshit and you'll be fine.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »

Don't give a single fuck about the people. Have friends, sure, but realize that you'll more often than not, never speak to any of those high school friends again. If you're looking at post-secondary school (college), your grades DO matter, get good ones, other than that, nothing you do will be remembered from high school.
I don't think that's entirely good advice. I get where you're coming from but more often than not (from experience and what others have told me) it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know. So building bridges, even in high school, is a good thing. That's my opinion at least.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 01:58:31 PM »

I don't think that's entirely good advice. I get where you're coming from but more often than not (from experience and what others have told me) it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know. So building bridges, even in high school, is a good thing. That's my opinion at least.

I think someone just had a bad time in high school or something lol. While what he's saying is true to a certain extent, high school is still very important. It's something you are going to remember and look back on when you're older, even talk to your parents about it. While you can take comfort in that high school won't matter in certain ways after its over, it's something you are going to remember so make the best of it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 01:59:21 PM »

You just gotta find the perfect balance. IE right now in my Paramedic program, all 8 of us (the students in the class) have gotten on good terms with eachother and have a little connection when we have issues with quizzes or whatever. We also make timmies runs voluntarily. I guess the moral is get on good terms with your peers and dont be afraid to say "Hi." But dont forget about your school work and preparing for post secondary.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »
I hope that my school has a fire fighter program. I want to get get in that if we do.

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
I hope that my school has a fire fighter program. I want to get get in that if we do.
Its a college level thing lol. I graduated over a year ago.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 04:19:52 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal