Author Topic: RP_Rockford Progress  (Read 46718 times)

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_Rockford Progress
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 02:46:01 AM »
Was screwing around with light_environment, constant lights, and the day/night script. Here's what I got. All these pictures were taken in the same session nothing has been modifed or filtered other then the lua for the light_environment and basic I/O for the constant light:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.
Those plants are are glowing XD. looks nice though.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 03:46:26 AM »
Yeah there's tons of parking. Here's a 'satellite' image of the city. The blue P's are all places you can park. Some are lots whereas others are lanes.
Click to see the original size.
You should make that hill into a river, make the roads crossing bridges.  Would look really nice.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 08:11:50 AM »
Yeah there's tons of parking. Here's a 'satellite' image of the city. The blue P's are all places you can park. Some are lots whereas others are lanes.
Click to see the original size.
You should make that hill into a river, make the roads crossing bridges.  Would look really nice.
Unfortunately in order to optimize the 3 sectors in the city, this isnt going to happen. Sorry.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »
Idk if im talking to the right person but can we throw in a weather mod in this map because i miss that more than day/night.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 05:42:26 PM »
Idk if im talking to the right person but can we throw in a weather mod in this map because i miss that more than day/night.
That's done in the gamemode itself, so you'd have to talk to Crap-Head or Pvt. Grif about that. Don't see why it shouldn't be added, though.

Map's coming along great, Statua. Can't wait to play it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
Here's some more pictures of downtown and the industrial district. The plant is a Gas Power Plant fyi.

Spoiler for 04/08/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 02:13:26 PM »
what is the purple checkered bit meant to be on: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52871438/Photos/rockford/2013-08-05_00004.jpg
Episode 1 gravel. I just need to remember to change it to HL2 or CSS.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 02:22:45 PM »
Can Rockford support helicopters? It would add a new layer of gameplay for all.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 02:37:36 PM »
Can Rockford support helicopters? It would add a new layer of gameplay for all.
Even if it can, helicopters probably won't be (and shouldn't be) added. But if Statua says it can, then go and make a suggestion for it.
Live free or die

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 03:24:29 PM »
Well the way optimization works right now, I most likely wont be able to add helicopters. If I did, FPS drops would be crazy which is not good. I'm trying to make this map output a decent framerate to all computers while not missing out on detail so.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »
This is just.. Amazing. Well done statua, I cannot wait to see the finished product.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 07:32:47 PM »
Is there any way you can still have render point but keep the skybox open? o3o  Also, the hill, why not have on one side the hill is smaller and cutting it down in size you make it into a river aswell. :O

Post Auto-Merged: August 05, 2013, 08:52:01 PM
question... did you make cosmos city? o3o
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:52:01 PM by Bish The Draggity »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 12:22:20 AM »
There is a way, however in order to do it i would have to make the skybox really tall and the walls cutting off sectors would also be high. You would have issues crashing into them lots and it would look like garbage. Not to mention compile times would skyrocket.

For the river. It would look silly if i tried to do it that way. And theres no way im moving buildigs or roads around.

I helped with cosmos city. I assume you ask because of my ambulance and fire dept?

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 02:15:15 AM »
There is a way, however in order to do it i would have to make the skybox really tall and the walls cutting off sectors would also be high. You would have issues crashing into them lots and it would look like garbage. Not to mention compile times would skyrocket.

For the river. It would look silly if i tried to do it that way. And theres no way im moving buildigs or roads around.

I helped with cosmos city. I assume you ask because of my ambulance and fire dept?

1: K I understand
2:  Aw... ;-;
3: Erm, OCRP... ORENGE Cosmos RP... :P  XD  Could not have not noticed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal