Author Topic: RP_Rockford Progress  (Read 46774 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_Rockford Progress
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2014, 02:54:42 PM »
would it not be possible to use the map as a reference model to rebuild it in much quicker time?
I'll be taking small bits and pieces out to use again like the government building, club catalyst, etc. I'll be saving the new outskirts. However as for the central main city part of the map, I need to redesign it for optimization. Going to have to make it less evocity style and more city45 or city8 or city18 etc style where areas are tight and only small bits get rendered.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2014, 07:42:36 PM »
So I'm going to try to keep the residential and commercial districts and just rebuild downtown and industrial (as that's where all the old buildings are) and go from there.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »
Heres the new layout I came up with:

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »
I don't know what I did or how this happened, but the lighting seems to be fixed now..... Almost. Static props aren't casting shadows but they are being lit properly finally... I'll probably still make the second layout in a subsequent update just because it will boost FPS for a lot of people.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »
As promised, here are the outskirts. I changed the lighting again for HDR. Gonna tone it down a little bit more and decrease the ambient lighting too to give darker more defined shadows.

Spoiler for Outskirts:

I also decided to take some in-town pictures that I thought looked nice with this new HDR lighting:

Spoiler for City:

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2014, 12:10:36 AM »
So much yes.
Shut up and take all my yes!

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2014, 06:11:44 AM »
You amazing son of a bitch! :))))

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2014, 06:36:26 AM »
As promised, here are the outskirts. I changed the lighting again for HDR. Gonna tone it down a little bit more and decrease the ambient lighting too to give darker more defined shadows.

Spoiler for Outskirts:

I also decided to take some in-town pictures that I thought looked nice with this new HDR lighting:

Spoiler for City:

Looks great but please don't make it to dark. Nothing is worse than playing on a dark map even when you put your brightness to 100%, impossible to see.

Heres the new layout I came up with:

Looks pretty good. I'd say try to keep it at centralized as possible. I remember on evocity that if you weren't growing weed or raiding houses, you were dicking around by the gas station and bank. It kept the playerbase nice and tight and didn't have everyone all over the place, which would suck(heuheuheu ineu pass).
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2014, 06:52:00 AM »
Cow actually has a good point there, but i suppose if the gas station is being put where the old bank was then that leaves the gm and gas station as a potential gathering point

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal