Author Topic: Banning  (Read 13413 times)

Offline Quantum

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Banning
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:30:16 PM »
The ban system is terrible in my eyes. Now you are just going to say "you had 5 chances before you got perm banned, it's your fault" but I got banned 5 times for completely different reasons because they fall under common sense. If I am told that tasers are not fear RP, then I figure I am allowed to run, it is bullshit to say "tasers don't feel good, trust me you wouldn't run" because that isn't the rule. It isn't fear rp so I am allowed to run. I also got banned for defending my friend when he was being arrested. I hit a cop and knocked him unconscious. I got 2 days for that and even though it was my first ban they said that since I was with a certain organization that my ban was increased. So instead of getting 12 hours which would not go on my record I get 2 days. Then I get banned for not knowing about /me and I didn't see it in chat. You think I would get kicked for simply missing one single line in chat but instead again I get 2 days. What I am trying to say is I have never purposely broken a rule on your server but yet I get permanently banned. This system is ruining the server. I am not trying to make this a ban appeal but when I see players breaking the rules on purpose and they get the same amount as me when I do something far less severe. Maybe instead of banning you could kick players more. Also if the player isn't constantly getting banned for the same thing then maybe they aren't doing it on purpose. I read the rules countless amount of times, I understand all of them except one. Why would you have a rule called common sense? I was banned for something that is allowed but since apparently in real life a taser hurts you I was banned. Tasers are not fear RP and if I was going to go to jail for a long time and a cop wasn't letting me speak then I would run.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Banning
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »
Points do get added at 12 hours. Just saying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline msu957

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »
I also feel the system is kinda flawed. I had gotten perma banned on HRP(Global), so I got 5 ban points for that on OCRP. I appealed that, and got unbanned. I did not really play HRP after I had got unbanned, but after a few months I checked out OCRP which I completely love.(Props to the devs, its like perp x 10) I was having a jolly time until I got banned. It was my first time getting banned on OCRP, but since I had that one perma ban, it made me strike out. I feel that if you get a perma ban lowered, the ban points should as well.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:18:24 PM by msu957 »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »
You threatened to DD.oS other players.  Tell me again how you think we're being unfair in only permabanning you from ONE of our servers?

Offline msu957

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 08:24:46 PM »
Dude, that was the old ban. I did that once, and then got unbanned. Have not had any trouble doing something like that in the past 3 months. That I get a small 12 hour ban and I'm perma'd? I did not get the perma from OCRP from threatening  a player. Get your facts right before you reply.... When I got unbanned I thought as it was another chance, its not really another chance when you start off at 5 ban points on a server you've never played.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:28:24 PM by msu957 »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »
Actually, as has been satated, tasers are fear RP at their effective range.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline msu957

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »
Yes, I know. I'm not trying to make this into a ban appeal. I know I messed up but I just think the system might be flawed a little if you appeal a perma ban, and then when it gets accepted all 5 points stay. That means your still technically still banned from the server. Especially when I'm brand new on OCRP and am still learing the rules. I mess up by shooting a cop to help out my friend, and BAM perma'd without a warning(A small ban) like the other players would of gotten on the server. Thats all I'm trying to get across.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:53:50 PM by msu957 »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »
how not to get 5 ban marks:

step 1 - connect to server
step 2 - follow the rules
step 3 - play

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »
Yes, I know. I'm not trying to make this into a ban appeal. I know I messed up but I just think the system might be flawed a little if you appeal a perma ban, and then when it gets accepted all 5 points stay. That means your still technically still banned from the server. Especially when I'm brand new on OCRP and am still learing the rules. I mess up by shooting a cop to help out my friend, and BAM perma'd without a warning(A small ban) like the other players would of gotten on the server. Thats all I'm trying to get across.
If a perma gets appealed one point should be removed by the admin.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »
there's plenty of people wh
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline msu957

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 09:13:58 PM »
Well for some reason when I had started playing OCRP my points were at 5. If you check now, they are at 6. Still 4 points for a perma that had been successfully appealed is pretty though. I understand your reasoning behind it though. I just think that you should give us a little slack if we are new to the server. I know I was perma'd, but really it does not say "Do not kill a cop in public" in the rules. I tried to roleplay it as best as I could before my friend was tased. I had came up with a mp5 from the side and told him to stop. He shot the taser, and I shot the gun. And for that mistake I get a perma ban.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26:16 PM »
If you fail to realise that following the rules keeps you out of trouble after 5 bans, you're not welcome here. We arent your parents. We arent preschool teachers. You should know right from wrong by now and the fact that you get 5 chances +the ability to regain a chance after 1 clean month means we're pretty lenient as to when enough is enough.

Offline msu957

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »
If you fail to realise that following the rules keeps you out of trouble after 5 bans, you're not welcome here. We arent your parents. We arent preschool teachers. You should know right from wrong by now and the fact that you get 5 chances +the ability to regain a chance after 1 clean month means we're pretty lenient as to when enough is enough.

I think this was toward the person who made the thread, but in my case I had gotten two bans. A perma ban, which I appealed and it got accepted. So my ban points stayed at 5(Which is weird because I should be banned at 5). So after I made an appeal I took a break from harbor roleplay. I came back because I saw OCRP. Tried it out really liked it, and got a ban, and since I had 5 points already that small ban turned into a perma ban from OCRP. I just feel that a perma ban because I messed up a long time ago, I only get one chance to screw up. Everyone screws up.

Post Auto-Merged: June 04, 2013, 09:32:17 PM

I think this was toward the person who made the thread, but in my case I had gotten two bans. A perma ban, which I appealed and it got accepted. So my ban points stayed at 5(Which is weird because it should be struck out at 5). So after I made an appeal I took a break from harbor roleplay. I came back because I saw OCRP. Tried it out really liked it, and got a ban, and since I had 5 points already that small ban turned into a perma ban from OCRP. I just feel that a perma ban because I messed up a long time ago, I only get one chance to screw up. Everyone screws up.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »
It was toward everyone who struck out normally. Your case is weird.

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 11:42:49 PM »
there's plenty of people wh

Words of wisdom, Antartican Lightningsuck.

And it honestly really isn't hard to just avoid a ban... If a cop is arresting you, just do what he says... then you won't be banned for running from a taser.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal