Author Topic: Medic Improvements  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Medic Improvements
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:47:36 PM »
Currently, the paramedic system is the exact same as it was 3 years ago. You smap your M2 to charge your paddle and hope it revives someone, or you spam your m1 with your health kit till you hear the heal sounds, and wait to see if the person says '1 MAOR PLOX'. Ths system is old, silly, and probably one of the most unrealistic systems in the game.

Updated this as of 02.06.13

The first aid kit

Instead of spamming M1 to heal someone and asking them if they need more, make it like the crafting progress bar or the refuel bar. The speed the bar fills is related to how much health they have.

While the bar is filling, play the looping bandaging sound from L4D (I can retrieve that for you if you wish) instead of the HL2 health kit sound.

Replace the hl2 first aid kit model with a more realistic model like the first aid kit from L4D. Most EMS carry red response bags so a hard plastic first aid kit doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The Defibs

As stated before, defibrilation alone cannot revive someone. You need to perform CPR. Have it like this.

One single swep called revive hands. Two functions, M1 runs CPR and M2 administers a shock. Here's how the system would work.

When you come up to the pt, you have to rapidly click mouse 1 to fill up a bar, simulating CPR. As soon as you start filling up the bar, the persons death timer stops so if you arrive 10 seconds before they die, they have a chance at living. Once the bar is full, it will say "DELIVER SHOCK" in which case you right click, delivering a shock. When that happens, you have a 1/4 chance at reviving the pt. If they are revived, move on to the next system, if not, repeat CPR until you can shock again. If you stop clicking CPR for 1000ms, the timer starts up again and you have to restart CPR. This eliminates medics dancing with the paddles to dodge bullets in a cop raid.

Newly Revived Patients

To make the hospital of use and to prevent people from going full bore after being revived, when someone is revived, they must be brought to the hospital within 10 minutes to be fully restored. If they fail to do this, they will fall unconscious again and will need to be revived.

This eliminates the need for a revive cooldown because if you are revived, you cant really do anything without risking it.

Ambulance vehicle changes

There needs to be at least 1 if not 2 more seats added to the back of the ambulance to accommodate patients.

The ambulance speed needs to be increased, or death timer when EMS is available needs to be lengthened. Responding to a call on the other side of the map with the ambulance is hard to do going 45mph. Not to mention dangerous.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:19:46 PM by Statua »

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Medic Improvements
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »
Sounds good. Right now the system is just weird. Right now a medic's job is kinda random. Don't really know when the stuff will work or not. It is time for change for medics and I fully support your ideas Statua.

+SUPPORT

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »
I like the idea. I agree the paramedic job isn't realistic. It's more of brawl happened at BP need a medic then get mobbed. Hey I need a heal, I need a heal. Rather than oh shit he got shot, defib, walk him to ambulance take him to hospital and there he can get fixed.

+Support

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:55:08 PM »
The only thing im a bit iffy about is the CPR, it looks like a bit of a shit minigame in a way. Perhaps have it so you have to get there within a certain time to start doing it and it takes 30 seconds or whatever to do.  Everything else seems fine
what

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 04:12:46 PM »
The only thing im a bit iffy about is the CPR, it looks like a bit of a shit minigame in a way. Perhaps have it so you have to get there within a certain time to start doing it and it takes 30 seconds or whatever to do.  Everything else seems fine
Basically this

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »
About the CPR, feel free to correct me where I'm wrong but I have a few points to raise. While chest compressions are good for postponing death until the paramedics could arrive, paddles are always better for actually fixing what is wrong with the heart. The only exception I can think of is if the person's heart is only missbeating, not actually stopped, in which case I don't know if paddles or AED is preferable. Regardless, this means if you are already there with paddles, there isn't really a reason to continue with chest compressions, so keeping paddles wouldn't be unrealistic. After the paddles are used, the only possible remaining issue, as far as CPR is concerned, is if their breathing doesn't come back with their heartbeat. Then its not a matter of chest compressions as suggested though, but rather of mouth-to-mouth or assisted breathing with an apparatus.

The only was I could see this being more realistic is if you inserted the little "minigame" as something people around a severely injured/unconscious person have to do to sustain life in the person for an extended period of time. It makes more sense since a citizen wouldn't have the equipment on themselves to save the person, and CPR would really be all they could do.

Other than those specific things, and even if those issues aren't adressed I +support this. The times I have tried to play on medic I've found myself wishing there was more to healing people than just waving my magic medi-gel pad and making everything better, and I think this interface would make the job a lot more appealing.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
About the CPR, feel free to correct me where I'm wrong but I have a few points to raise. While chest compressions are good for postponing death until the paramedics could arrive, paddles are always better for actually fixing what is wrong with the heart. The only exception I can think of is if the person's heart is only missbeating, not actually stopped, in which case I don't know if paddles or AED is preferable. Regardless, this means if you are already there with paddles, there isn't really a reason to continue with chest compressions, so keeping paddles wouldn't be unrealistic. After the paddles are used, the only possible remaining issue, as far as CPR is concerned, is if their breathing doesn't come back with their heartbeat. Then its not a matter of chest compressions as suggested though, but rather of mouth-to-mouth or assisted breathing with an apparatus.

The only was I could see this being more realistic is if you inserted the little "minigame" as something people around a severely injured/unconscious person have to do to sustain life in the person for an extended period of time. It makes more sense since a citizen wouldn't have the equipment on themselves to save the person, and CPR would really be all they could do.

Other than those specific things, and even if those issues aren't adressed I +support this. The times I have tried to play on medic I've found myself wishing there was more to healing people than just waving my magic medi-gel pad and making everything better, and I think this interface would make the job a lot more appealing.

With the AED you still need to continue chest compressions.  The AED stops fibrillation and corrects the heart beat.  Chest compressions are still needed in reviving the person.  Mouth to mouth isnt used anymore now a bag valve mask or CPR mask is used to prevent disease spread to the first responder or victim.

I am the supervisor in the emergency services org for EMS and statua is the head of EMS in our org.  I STRONGLY support this suggestion as it would improve the medic's job immensely.  The ambulance is dreadfully slow and needs to be faster and have all round upgrade.  The ambulance needs at least 1 seat in the back preferably 2.  So if two medics are riding in one ambulance (which they should as its more effective) then there needs to be space to transport patients to the hospital.

Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »

With the AED you still need to continue chest compressions.  The AED stops fibrillation and corrects the heart beat.  Chest compressions are still needed in reviving the person.  Mouth to mouth isnt used anymore now a bag valve mask or CPR mask is used to prevent disease spread to the first responder or victim.

I am the supervisor in the emergency services org for EMS and statua is the head of EMS in our org.  I STRONGLY support this suggestion as it would improve the medic's job immensely.  The ambulance is dreadfully slow and needs to be faster and have all round upgrade.  The ambulance needs at least 1 seat in the back preferably 2.  So if two medics are riding in one ambulance (which they should as its more effective) then there needs to be space to transport patients to the hospital.

With the AED you do if it doesn't work the first time, yeah, but they aren't using the AED, they are using paddles. And mouth to mouth isn't used but I was just using it to refer to the mask. I'm a lifeguard so I know we use valves now, or sometimes special pumps. I've also used an AED so I know that it requires chest pumps most of the time, but I was never trained with paddles so I suppose its possible CPR is needed for paddles, but I was under the impression that once paddles were used chest pumps gave way to repeated shocks.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »
I am actually training to be a lifeguard right now =)

But I do think that some major improvements need to come to the medic job to make it more realistic and less button mashing to heal/revive someone.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »
There's actually going to be a similar leveling system to police when I'm done with it. Something like this (very rough draft):

Paramedic Trainee
- Cannot get vehicle (vip/gold exempt)
- Low chance of revival on death
- Cannot fix broken bones
- Lowered bandage healing power

Paramedic
- Can get vehicle
- Higher chance of revival on death
- Can fix broken bones, but may take a few times
- Hightened healing from bandages

Senior Paramedic
- Can fix broken bones every time

Of course there's more to it and there will be more in the end after consulting with some people, but ye. Probably going to introduce a few new things like splints and stuff so its not like "lol i hit you with a first aid box now your legs not broken" and stuff.

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »
There's actually going to be a similar leveling system to police when I'm done with it. Something like this (very rough draft):

Paramedic Trainee

Paramedic
- Can get vehicle

Senior Paramedic

Of course there's more to it and there will be more in the end after consulting with some people, but ye. Probably going to introduce a few new things like splints and stuff so its not like "lol i hit you with a first aid box now your legs not broken" and stuff.

So you have to wait 24 hours to get a medic vehicle? The ever rare medic species will soon become an endagerd one at this rate...

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Medic Improvements
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »

Paramedic Trainee

Paramedic
- Can get vehicle

Senior Paramedic

So you have to wait 24 hours to get a medic vehicle? The ever rare medic species will soon become an endagerd one at this rate...
of course not. Levels are based on playtime as that job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 07:04:07 PM »
Ok so you added levels. Is anything from my list going to be added?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Medic Improvements
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 07:10:57 PM »
Ok so you added levels. Is anything from my list going to be added?
if you read steam the other day you'd know the answer to that

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 10:03:42 PM »
I don't know about the level system... It seems that it would make it significantly harder to get medical attention or for the medics (if they are level one) to do their job effectively. especially with the long walk to and from the hospital.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal