Author Topic: Medic Improvements  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Medic Improvements
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »
-snip-

Read the op for the most up to date
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:45:37 PM by Statua [OCRP2 Returns Very Soon »

Offline [JSRF] Beat

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 09:57:43 PM »
Really good idea. +Support.
I lift.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 08:05:54 AM »
This hasn't been forgotten, but the ideas themselves are mostly not going to happen for various reason ranging from making the job less desirable to being hard to code for the little amount of time medics are actually on. I do plan on improvements though.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »
Im going to update this again when I get home from class.

Post Auto-Merged: November 06, 2013, 07:20:09 PM
The OP is now up to date.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:20:09 PM by Statua »

Offline Ted

• Stealthy Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 10:30:50 PM »
Sounds like a really good idea, would interest more players to be a medic. Most of the time there is like 1 medic and they quit after 2 minutes, i also think you should get payed more if your gonna do all that work tbh, like $150 paycheck and every time you save someone you get like another $50 like the firemen sorta have where they extinguish a fire and get some extra money.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »
Ok first of all, bumping as I have revised this to make it simpler yet effective.

The first aid kit

Instead of spamming M1 to heal someone and asking them if they need more, make it like the crafting progress bar or the refuel bar. The speed the bar fills is related to how much health they have.

While the bar is filling, play the looping bandaging sound from L4D (I can retrieve that for you if you wish) instead of the HL2 health kit sound.

Replace the hl2 first aid kit model with a more realistic model like the first aid kit from L4D. Most EMS carry red response bags so a hard plastic first aid kit doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Most people don't have L4D, like me. So it'll either show up as an error or it will have to be added into like some workshop download/addon to download, which increasing the file size isn't exactly the best idea. If the file size is tiny, like maybe half a megabyte or whatever then it won't hurt that much but I really think we should be careful what's added and whatnot, having a huge file to download isn't very appealing to most people. Things will add up over time.

The Defibs

As stated before, defibrilation alone cannot revive someone. You need to perform CPR. Have it like this.

One single swep called revive hands. Two functions, M1 starts CPR and M2 administers a shock. Here's how the system would work.

When you approach a dying person and push M1, it starts the CPR sequence and stops the persons death timer. A red indicator shows up thats says 'WAIT' inside it. After about 500ms it turns green and says 'Click' in which case you have to click M1 within 500ms. It then turns red again for 500ms and repeats. You have to get 10 successful clicks in a row, then it will say "Right click to shock" where you have a 50% chance at reviving.

If you click while it's red or fail to click while it's green, it takes 10 seconds off the timer and you have to start again. If the reviving chance fails, you dont get deducted, other then you have to restart CPR again.

Basically, if someone's dying, you have to click Mouse 1 at the right time 10 times and then administer a shock with Mouse 2. If you mess up, you have to restart and are deducted 10 seconds.

This eliminates medics dancing with the paddles to dodge bullets in a cop raid.

Making OCRP more serious clearly didn't work out, so I don't understand how this could possibly be good. PassiveRP/Being semi-serious or whatever is one thing, but forcing people to go through these hoops and whatnot to get a simple revive I couldn't see working out to well.

Newly Revived Patients

To make the hospital of use and to rpevent people from going full bore after being revived, when someone is revived, they must be brought to the hospital with 5 or 10 minutes (whatever works best) to be fully restored. If they fail to do this, they will fall unconscious again and will need to be revived.

This eliminates the need for a revive cooldown because if you are revived, you cant really do anything without risking it.

Same as stated above, why are you trying to make OCRP more serious. It CLEARLY didn't work out at all, so how would this be a good idea to add?

Ambulance vehicle changes

There needs to be at least 1 if not 2 more seats added to the back of the ambulance to accommodate patients.

The ambulance speed needs to be increased, or death timer needs to be lengthened. Responding to a call on the other side of the map with the ambulance is hard to do going 45mph.

PassiveRP is fine as long as it's not forced.
Changed the OP to this.

Basically, I have nothing against people RP'ing. But FORCING them into it, like what you are suggesting with the medic stuff, clearly won't work out as pretty much everyone here knows that making OCRP2 serious was one of the biggest mistakes. So why you would want it to be even more serious is beyond my understanding. I would just like to make it clear that I am not intentionally being rude, I am just stating my thoughts/opinions on this.(People seem to think I "flame" a lot so I'm trying to make sure people know that I'm not intentionally doing it).
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 11:43:29 PM »
In response to you cow:

The L4D medkit would be available for download from the server. It's about 200kb

I thought I changed that revive hands section. Lol let me fix that up right away.

I understand where you're coming from. I probably didnt hit save or something. This suggestion was originally intended for when the server was more serious. Check back shortly, I should have that section updated if I can remember what I wrote down.

-ADD-

Nevermind I already did, just read the OP cow damnit. The OP is the most up to date. I think I changed a few other sections too.

-ADD AGAIN-

Locked this. Just gonna make a new post so theres no misunderstandings lol.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:30:35 PM by Statua [OCRP2 Returns Very Soon »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal