Author Topic: Repair Wrenches  (Read 7173 times)

Offline BANANA?????

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Repair Wrenches
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 03:20:00 AM »
+SUPPORT! A cop shot out my shubert truck and it was too heavy to tow, so I had to push it with a prop to get it fixed

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 07:05:10 AM »
+++SUPPORT!

I think we also need to be able to use gas cans!
I don't support gas cans anymore. You should keep an eye on your gas, that can always be prevented unlike your car being destroyed.

I want to see the wrench back with a new skill, allowing people to roleplay as a mechanic. They could even start up a garage at industrial for stuff like this, so it'd promote RP as long as you required a skill to use the wrench. None of the current crafting skills, but a completely new one.

I agree with the no gascans idea, but I love the idea of Automotive Training or w/e it will be called. I'd love to be a mechanic with my spare points. Nice addition Kronic.

I agree, except the gas cans part. People realistically wouldn't know how to fix a car...most people in general. There would be a lot that could be wrong especially if your vehicle was shot up or something. There would need to be a new skill but there is definitely a need for wrenches.

Gas cans add more to the RP. I simply think they should be more expensive and weigh a lot so its not really worth having on you 24/7. Like have it weight 10-20. Then it would really make people question it.

Offline Shriio

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 10:37:32 AM »
+Support
Yea, we need that back.

+++SUPPORT!

I think we also need to be able to use gas cans!
I don't support gas cans anymore. You should keep an eye on your gas, that can always be prevented unlike your car being destroyed.

I want to see the wrench back with a new skill, allowing people to roleplay as a mechanic. They could even start up a garage at industrial for stuff like this, so it'd promote RP as long as you required a skill to use the wrench. None of the current crafting skills, but a completely new one.

About those gas cans, they should weight a bit, then it's okay.
Cerwin Vega AL 1000 x2, NAD Compact Disc Player C 521, NAD Digital Preamplifier 118, NAD Stereo Power Amplifier 128 THX

Offline Zacharias

• Cookie Monster|Cocaine Cookies|
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 05:41:44 AM »
I SUPPORT

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 06:32:32 AM »
Disagree. We need to just iron out the issues with the towtruck and give towtruck drivers motivation to not only sign up for the job but to do it right - pay them 250$ every time they bring a vehicle in to be repaired or something. Wrenches require zero roleplay and completely defeat the purpose of the job. I kind of like the idea of having wrenches in with a skill - but I think this would bring more roleplay to the gamemode.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
I do really want the tow truck drivers to be incorporated more which is why I suggested having an achievement for playing it for 2 hours in my achievements thread, I do think that it would be a good incentive for tow truck drivers to get a nice sum of money for every vehicle they take in as well.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 02:22:04 PM »
As all ready stated by Rofl and S?cojnr, tow truckers need a purpose, and thats exactly what we tend to give them. The wrench was removed for exactly that. Its most likely not coming back.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
After reading what people above said I change my +Support to a minus. They are right, it simply ruins the purpose of having tow truck drivers. And I like that idea Rofl had where they got money for going into the lot, however that would encourage people to just steal vehicles to farm money so something would need to be done. Or maybe a requirement to pay the tow truck driver before they move your vehicle.
Also achievements could be good too, like two hours as an officer gives you one. A tow truck one would be neat too...in fact a two hour one for all jobs would.

Offline ejecX_

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 04:17:35 PM »
I'd say -support, it would completely(almost) remove the purpose of the tow truck driver.

But, i would love to have gas cans re-added, but maybe nerfed slightly, so they'd weigh more and have less fuel, so people would have to carry them in their trunk, and they would have just enough so you could get to the nearest gas station, because that is what most people actually have an extra small fuel canister with them in their car.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »
Maybe you could have it so there is another job as tow truck driver, his name should be like Mechanic, you set up a shop in the tow truck shop or something, remove the NPC for repairs and use this new job for it instead, would give reason to it also.  He would get money for repairs, same amount for the repair npc as it is, and he can go on calls, but that's it.  He would spawn with a repair wrench and slandered stuff, would not be able to spawn a tow truck and can only use his/her own vehicle, witch you could spawn at that npc, this would only be used for going on calls.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:13:12 PM by Bish The Draggity »
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
After reading what people above said I change my +Support to a minus. They are right, it simply ruins the purpose of having tow truck drivers. And I like that idea Rofl had where they got money for going into the lot, however that would encourage people to just steal vehicles to farm money so something would need to be done. Or maybe a requirement to pay the tow truck driver before they move your vehicle.
Also achievements could be good too, like two hours as an officer gives you one. A tow truck one would be neat too...in fact a two hour one for all jobs would.
The vehicle would have to be broken in order to be brought in and therefore you couldn't tow random vehicles.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 08:59:58 PM »
Expanding on a few ideas here: Tow truck drivers get a bonus if they tow a car that then gets repaired. The car must be broken to get the bonus. The issue is that there still wouldn't be enough incentive to be a tow truck driver when cars don't get broken a lot.

How about also incorperating a police impound where an officer issues an impound notice on a vehicle and a tow driver takes the car to the police lot and impounds it, and the owner has to pay a fine to use the car again. Irregardless of the fine being paid the tow driver would get a payment for each impounded car.

I still don't see enough of an incentive to be a tow driver even with this, so more ideas would be nice. As an addition, what if wrenches are added but only available when no tow driver is available and require a certain skill set to use

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
Karma that sir is perfect. I like it all, however, the only concern is what if some cop just starts giving random fines. On a perp server there was a ticket weapon where if you pressed on a car it gave a ticket and some ***holes just ran all over constantly giving them.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Repair Wrenches
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »
Karma that sir is perfect. I like it all, however, the only concern is what if some cop just starts giving random fines. On a perp server there was a ticket weapon where if you pressed on a car it gave a ticket and some ***holes just ran all over constantly giving them.
admin blacklist or ban, p. simple

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 05:20:42 PM »
Make the fines require a police level so people don't abuse them, or at least, do it less

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal