Author Topic: Repair Wrenches  (Read 7239 times)

Offline Mr. Manly Princess

• SWAG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Repair Wrenches
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:46:23 PM »
I believe that repair wrenches should be added back in. My reasoning for this is that it is really annoying to have to get your vehicle towed any time something happens to it. Most times, there isn't even a tow truck driver on, which makes it pretty difficult to get a tow.

To counter the overpowered factor of the wrench you could make it have a cast time (similar to gas being pumped), and make them slightly more expensive. But honestly, they're a pretty necessary part of owning a vehicle. Perhaps you could raise the skill requirement on them as well, and possibly add a skill requirement to use them?

Offline SeraphRakov

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Repair Wrenches
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »
+support. Removal of wrenches didn't make towtrucks more popular, it just forces friends to interrupt their RP to tow the cars. 90% of the time they quit as soon as they tow one car. And other players' bad driving/lagspikes can wreck your car pretty quick.

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:25:01 PM »
+Moar Support
I see no reason that these were removed. I understand promoting RP by forcing a car to be towed, but there usually isn't a driver. If there is they don't know how to work it. Even then the mini is terrible. If it is broken once you have no car. Forever.

Offline ??¬Elite Cow??¬

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 10:07:50 PM »
+++SUPPORT!

I think we also need to be able to use gas cans!

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:35:25 PM »
+++SUPPORT!

I don't support gas cans anymore. You should keep an eye on your gas, that can always be prevented unlike your car being destroyed.

I want to see the wrench back with a new skill, allowing people to roleplay as a mechanic. They could even start up a garage at industrial for stuff like this, so it'd promote RP as long as you required a skill to use the wrench. None of the current crafting skills, but a completely new one.

Offline SeraphRakov

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:08:18 PM »
+++SUPPORT!

I don't support gas cans anymore. You should keep an eye on your gas, that can always be prevented unlike your car being destroyed.

I want to see the wrench back with a new skill, allowing people to roleplay as a mechanic. They could even start up a garage at industrial for stuff like this, so it'd promote RP as long as you required a skill to use the wrench. None of the current crafting skills, but a completely new one.

I agree with the no gascans idea, but I love the idea of Automotive Training or w/e it will be called. I'd love to be a mechanic with my spare points. Nice addition Kronic.

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 10:32:52 PM »
Yeah I think this needs to be back in the game. I don't get why it was removed. I understand it is a potent melee weapon, but what if it did 0 damage

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »
Maybe make an indicater that shows where the car is damaged, you may have to put the car on stilts.  Get under the car and such you know, it shows a thing on the car when you pull out the wrench.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 01:02:49 PM »
I support this, there is hardly ever a tow truck driver and even if there is, they often do not come and take your car to the park so you can fix it. It is so annoying because now my car is broken and nobody will fix it and there is no tow truck driver.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:05:59 PM by S?cojnr »

Offline SeraphRakov

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »
I support this, there is hardly ever a tow truck driver and even if there is, they often do not come and take your car to the park so you can fix it. It is so annoying because now my car is broken and nobody will fix it and there is no tow truck driver.
That's because half the towtrucks tow ONE car then quit. It's a boring job, and I don't really blame people for wanting to not do it.

Offline The Dude

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 08:30:15 PM »
The repair guy never even works for me anyway and his dialogue box gets stuck on my screen half of the time causing me to have to reconnect and get it towed back again. The tow truck drivers are always useless anyways and very rarely come to tow you anyways.

+support x 100000

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 11:06:35 PM »
Please

User has been warned for this post("One word post" - wakeboarderCWB))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:30:52 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 01:35:50 AM »
As I made a comment about Tow truck driver before, maybe go take a look please, you could make the truck more viable to the standererd and easier and faster to use, other then having to touch the front of the car to attach the winch, I would play as tow truck driver more if my suggestion where added for one, you could pull cars out of the lake if it where added.  http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=24211.0  This is the thread I made.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Replayaz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 08:17:14 PM »
supporting when I was playing today at the garage it was full of people with broken cars who asked for tow truckers and probably wanted wrenches too

Offline Ninja??d

• Boston Celtics are awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
+support from me, tow trucks can't tow trucks which also break, hence no way to fix them. But if the wrenches don't get added, it would be nice to have the repair NPC in the car garage so its easily accessible to the players

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal