Author Topic: Epidemic Role Play  (Read 31792 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Epidemic Role Play
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2013, 11:19:27 PM »
Nobody has experience in a lot of things until they finally try it and get good at it. Thus is the story of a lot of our good RPers today.

not to say specific names but i can already say a handful of names that are administrators and players alike that i can see fully capable of having ex-military badass characters and other silly things like that

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »
Nobody has experience in a lot of things until they finally try it and get good at it. Thus is the story of a lot of our good RPers today.

not to say specific names but i can already say a handful of names that are administrators and players alike that i can see fully capable of having ex-military badass characters and other silly things like that

Then make restrictions and auth apps for Epidemic.

> No characters with military background unless actually in military faction or applied for.

I would imagine common sense to be poured into something like this, but restrictions are not that hard to implement. We don't necessarily have to restrict everything to auth apps, but for controversial things, like military background when not in military and stuff, then yes.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2013, 12:47:48 AM »
i can't even remember if they had authorisations, did they? i was around in the beta stage and stopped playing a bit after special infected were introduced

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2013, 01:15:12 AM »
i can't even remember if they had authorisations, did they? i was around in the beta stage and stopped playing a bit after special infected were introduced

Honestly, I don't recall either, but then again if we do this it's ours to do with as we please. We can put it in if we want to and if it isn't too game breaking, which it shouldn't be.

>I'll never forget...

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2013, 03:45:59 AM »
but sexy frog i am scared what if it is a horrible monstrosity that has to be put down and hl2rp can never be recovered

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2013, 06:14:54 AM »
but sexy frog i am scared what if it is a horrible monstrosity that has to be put down and hl2rp can never be recovered

*ahem*

yes, what raged said

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »
And the map, me and Oz are still going to be doing rp_forgottencity which I think would be perfect for this RP.

I thought it was for Outlands?

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 12:52:13 PM »

*ahem*

yes, what raged said

As apposed to HL2rp being the vibrant, over-populated land it is now, constantly visited by people who aren't dedicated to the community?

tbh, I think it really can't get any worse. If it's done carefully and correctly, it should work out well. If not...well, we'll be exactly where we are now. The same dedicated HL2rp die hards that play on the server now trying to populate HL2rp just like we do now. I hardly think a new Serious RP mode will get people that are currently dedicated to HL2rp to stop playing HL2rp.

And the map, me and Oz are still going to be doing rp_forgottencity which I think would be perfect for this RP.

I thought it was for Outlands?

And I think he means it can also be used for this as well as Outlands.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:59:09 PM by Sexy Frog »

>I'll never forget...

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 02:08:37 PM »
Having looked through this, I'd love this kind of server. (As y'all would've guessed) It would add the sence of danger at every single corner you would or can turn, it'd be intense at moments. Like the Outlands just with...Zombies!

The character development would be amazing since it's a zombie apocolypse. Well, from gameplay I have seen. Hmm. Unless the higher power want to remain with ERP strictly. I myself don't go with fast running zombies and if there is a way to make fast running ones slightly rarer and harder to find and just slow, dumb ones walking around but still a chance with finding fast ones. If anyone has played No More Room In Hell kind of like that or maybe the Day Z kind? But if there is ANYWAY to make slow zombies into the gamemode, i'm up for it.

Just give me a crossbow and i'm all with ya'.

In all seriousness. I'd LOVE this server if the higher power would allow it. +Support on my end.

If this is taking over HL2RP...I don't know. HL2RP was the first reason I came here. Yes, things come and go. But HL2RP is... in my opinion. A massive success for this community and most of the players that are with this community and are sticking by it are from HL2RP.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:14:26 PM by Dixon - [PIHWS] »

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
Having looked through this, I'd love this kind of server. (As y'all would've guessed) It would add the sence of danger at every single corner you would or can turn, it'd be intense at moments. Like the Outlands just with...Zombies!

The character development would be amazing since it's a zombie apocolypse. Well, from gameplay I have seen. Hmm. Unless the higher power want to remain with ERP strictly. I myself don't go with fast running zombies and if there is a way to make fast running ones slightly rarer and harder to find and just slow, dumb ones walking around but still a chance with finding fast ones. If anyone has played No More Room In Hell kind of like that or maybe the Day Z kind? But if there is ANYWAY to make slow zombies into the gamemode, i'm up for it.

Just give me a crossbow and i'm all with ya'.

In all seriousness. I'd LOVE this server if the higher power would allow it. +Support on my end.

If it was ERP strictly, then it was run kinda like a L4D feel. Thus there were the normal Zeds that were slow and hardly much threats in small groups but then there were the evolved ones using special L4D Zed models which were obviously harder to obtain and much more rare~

>I'll never forget...

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 09:41:01 PM »
I can already give an example. Apperantly someone on my friends list known as Hotpocket started a community which runs Mass Effect RP, Terrarian Conflict RP and The Walking Dead RP. You know what I see so far?

idk bout MErp and TCrp but TWDrp is decently populated by new people who are very much fresh blood. I took the liberty of playing on there myself as did Mooch and Gaming Zealot. Those downloads were outrageous, it was like 1GB  of shit but I still downloaded it to check it out. There was some unnecessary content and the zombies were HL2 skin zombies just without the headcrabs. The experience was meh at best to be honest.

But you know what?

Not a bad population for a recently created, unadvertised, download whoring server that is still half in development, huh? I don't think so.

Now imagine us, Catalyst-Gaming, the community with like 45,000 members launching one with better planned, fully finished, way better RPers and actual advertisement on YouTube and Facepunch.

>I'll never forget...

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
Pros/Cons
Apoc-Roleplay Pros:
Chance for population flow to come in, and maybe even get dedicated players.
A fresh new roleplay expierence for bored RP'rs on other servers and CG
Apoc-Roleplay is very rich with dramatic/emotion RP, battle RP, med RP etc. It can't be boring if we have good RP'rs and good first looks
With the Walking Dead, and other zombie related things always going around, insperation and tips are always around.
I'm sure we have a good amount of users who can post guides, how-to's, and so on with the new RP.
Final Summation: There is a lot of potential in a new direction of a new Serious Roleplay server
Apoc-Roleplay Cons:
We already have a serious roleplay server, and these kinds of servers cost dedication to characters and work. It'll be a little to hard to balance both out, and admins can't constantly jump from one server to another to fix this or that, so other admins would need to be implemented, or just entirely dedicated people.
Launching this from the ground up won't be easy, administration should catiously piece out the first outlook on the server for an intro so it doesn't look bad and crash-and-burn faster.
Guides, tips, and factions and all sorts of things will need to be there before some stuff happens to boost orginization so it's not a jumble of mess.
It interferes with HL2RP
Final Summation: If this does go up, it'll cost dedication and work, just like HL2RP needs. No sitting on the fence between Hl2RP and ApocRP

Now the main problem will be between what to do with HL2Rp and ApocRP if we get that server up. It's not a bad idea to get a fresh new RP server out, since RP is very interesting for the right people. But it'd be too hard to jump from here to there, let's say. On the Apoc server, an event of a mass horde of zombies’ rolls into town, but on the other server, OTA need to be deployed. I'm a person with both important characters on both servers, I'd have to pick, and that’s the thing about not being able to sit on a fence. Of course, the odds of that actually happening is thin, but it's just an example. The other thing I'm worried about is that what if people don't like ApocRP, and decide to stay on HL2RP leaving the population like this (Hl2RP:7 People on ApocRP: 20 people on) and it could just gradually shift and change to dying on one server, and pumping up the other. Of course, ApocRP will flourish the couple of days, just like how Hl2RP was when the Gmod13 break was over, but it gradually went down. But that doesn't mean people will just quit CG or both servers, they'll either settle for one, not like one and head to the other, or ApocRp will die, and Hl2RP will go back to how it is.
Worst Case Scenario for ApocRP: ApocRP flourishes then dies, people go back to HL2RP
Worst Case Scenario for HL2RP: HL2RP dies, people like ApocRP better. (And even if ApocRP died at some point, with HL2RP already gone, CG could just abandon ApocRP and make HL2RP again.)
Best Case Scenario for ApocRP: ApocRP flourishes, and sustains for an adequate amount of time
Best Case Scenario for HL2RP: People decide ApocRp sucks, and the project fails, so people come back and make Hl2RP like it was in the first place.
Worst Case Scenario: Both servers die
Best Case Scenario: Because of the seldom amount of servers for ApocRP, new users will come on ApocRP and stay, balancing that server. Whilst HL2RP has its own amount of dedicated players and they flourish as well, and who knows, new users on ApocRP might give HL2RP a shot and like it better. It's all a personal preference. (Of course, this is just how I see it.)

Where I would stand on this would be, I'm pretty sure a majority of people would do this as well. Hop on for about a week or two, see if I like it, stay or go depending on RP and how organized it is, but then eventually leave back to HL2RP since I have a better bond with the characters there. That wouldn't stop me from visiting time-to-time to forward those characters, and who knows I might like the RP so much I'll favor those characters more than HL2RP. So, I can lean towards the potential of a new server and new RP, but HL2RP will never just be able to be gone from me.

This can go one way or another, but no matter what one thing will be just water under the bridge like everything else.

you are definitely using the word summation wrong there

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »
Now imagine us, Catalyst-Gaming, the community with like 45,000 members launching one with better planned, fully finished, way better RPers and actual advertisement on YouTube and Facepunch.

if we have 45,000 members why do we struggle to fill two 50 slot rp servers

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 11:16:24 PM »

if we have 45,000 members why do we struggle to fill two 50 slot rp servers

45,000 registered. Obviously we don't have 45,000 active players. But the point I am raising it that it is do-able.

>I'll never forget...

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »
Hm, I like this gamemode.....All we need is to set it up, develop it (hopefully Khub/RTLK would want to do it), set up the canon, and provide an announcement. Once that is done, this can invite people who might also view our HL2RP. But I must advise people, I was in a community before who's HL2RP Server was dying and they made another form of RP. It didn't do anything and it was a waste of time and money so be advised that this may not work. Yet, it could also work and fully populate all of our servers. Kind of a toss in the dark. But its also more of a 80/50 kind of notion. Our Serious RP'ers here are devoted(I guess) and will be more than likely to try out the new Serious RP server.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:00:03 AM by Kronos ???°-Occupy City »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal