Author Topic: Violent videogames and Mass murderers  (Read 7583 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Violent videogames and Mass murderers
« on: December 20, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »
So we've obviously heard about the Sandy Hook elementary shooting with 20 children and 6 adults dead. Yes it seems to bother people more than i can say, but what bothers me is when people blame videogames on mass murders. There have been cases of Chinese students killing themselves over games, cases of teenagers in America beating people and stealing cars because of GTA video games... But what video game or how could video games cause a mass murder like this?

This obviously has not been the first time people have blamed video games on mass murders or anything crime related. However, lawyers and people around the world have taken this situation to the point where teachers are asking me to participate in kids in our school getting rid of their violent video games by throwing them in a pile and bulldozing them... I mean this is ridiculous. I've gone as far as playing games like Thrill Kill, Postal 2, or the uncensored version of Manhunt 2... I'm not trying to get a gun and kill people.

Your opinion? Should they blame video games on this? Should i participate in this video game destruction?

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Violent videogames and Mass murderers
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
Whoever blames this shit on video games is a fucking retard. Bad parenting is the cause of people doing shit like this.

Nuff said.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »
Whoever blames this shit on video games is a fucking retard. Bad parenting is the cause of people doing shit like this.

Nuff said.

What Abbott said is true.

We can't pin all the world's atrocities on media, if we do, why don't we blame television like Fox news? Huh? Society despises change and so we target anything new and all rush to make it our personal pincushion of hate. A lie wrapped in truth is easily accepted, people WANT to believe video games were the cause because it's an easy way of doing it instead of confronting themselves and trying to fix the deep-rooted problems in the Western-World.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 12:49:25 PM »
Well there is a boundary in which video games can be blamed.
I personally play all types of shooters, and all the good stuff and I also don't have thoughts of staging a mass murder.
But it's the people who worship the game and say, "Man I want to do that."
All in all people can be very unstable and things like this happen, but should we ban the game even when there are stable people who can control their thoughts and be fine after playing it?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »
Video games are never, EVER the cause of things like this. Those who do think this, are really mentally challenged.

A healthy person with no issues will never ever think of doing things like this. So if someone does, it's obvious that they have other problems that caused them to go on the wrong path. Not video games.

That's the easy way to say it.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 02:12:16 PM »

Nuff said.

This.

Just a lot of mentally unstable people in the world anyways.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »
Middle aged people blaming video games really don't understand. For example, The Columbine Highschool massacre that occurred some time ago, I've heard all these scientists blame video games... That's really not it.

I looked enough into it and the two highschoolers who actually took part in the massacre had bags of human shit thrown at them, literally. Quite simply as Nick said, bad parenting and extreme cases of bullying and the extreme sense of being an outcast.

A news report even said that the kid/guy who shot up Sandy Hook thought that his mother loved the school (She volunteered at Sandy Hook) more than him. Violent videogames are just  a scapegoat for people not understanding that kids are much more douchey than they were say... forty years ago.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »
Violent games could be a trigger for a deep rooted mental disorder. Anyone who thinks that they are the problem itself is wrong.  Media cannot inspire mental disorders, the disorder came first and the trigger came second. I play a mega ultra fuck load of shooters and things of that nature, I don't want to shoot up a school.

People want something to blame for this terrible thing, so they all lunge at games.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 05:39:27 PM »
My hands hurt like hell so I'm going to post in a video that my friend linked me about this that mostly mirrors my opinions of the media going apeshit and the "involvement" of video games.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwAo8lcAC4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwAo8lcAC4</a>
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:44:10 PM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
I blame the drugs the doctors give out like candy (mostly antidepressants).
Because the drugs can cause suicide (*cough prozac*) and most of the time they don't really work.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »
Violence due to video-games. That is one controversial subject we are talking about these days. Well I may not be Jack Thompson, but I know that video-games are very dangerous. But only in the wrong hands. Most games like CS:S or Cod teach people to shoot. But that's only if you keep close attention of it and look at how the player's character can reload and shoot a weapon. Such games like Doom 2 are controversial due to the fact that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold [The Columbine Shooters] That they learned how to shoot from the game Doom 2. Games do teach people how to use a gun. But they are not intended for that. They are intended for game-play and fun. Not for a killing-spree for idiots. We cannot say that video-games cause violence. Only the mentally-disturbed who play them and take them seriously. There was a shooting in Canada where a person idolized Postal's character Postal dude. We can't learn from history. We cannot take away video games or ban them. All we can do is just play them and accept if some weirdo plays them and kills a bunch of people. Gun laws can't help. Neither can bans or gun restrictions. Somebody is going to get a gun either way. And somebody will kill people not just because of video gaming. And if they ban video-games wouldn't us the consumers stand up against it. Even at the lives of others. People are already dieing for many reasons. Video-games are just a excuse so that anti-gaming activists can blame the consumers that they are the problem and that they should burn video games. I might know that some people may not agree with my examples and ideology. But that's my view of the situation on video-gaming mass murders.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »
Violence due to video-games. That is one controversial subject we are talking about these days. Well I may not be Jack Thompson, but I know that video-games are very dangerous. But only in the wrong hands. Most games like CS:S or Cod teach people to shoot. But that's only if you keep close attention of it and look at how the player's character can reload and shoot a weapon. Such games like Doom 2 are controversial due to the fact that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold [The Columbine Shooters] That they learned how to shoot from the game Doom 2. Games do teach people how to use a gun. But they are not intended for that. They are intended for game-play and fun. Not for a killing-spree for idiots. We cannot say that video-games cause violence. Only the mentally-disturbed who play them and take them seriously. There was a shooting in Canada where a person idolized Postal's character Postal dude. We can't learn from history. We cannot take away video games or ban them. All we can do is just play them and accept if some weirdo plays them and kills a bunch of people. Gun laws can't help. Neither can bans or gun restrictions. Somebody is going to get a gun either way. And somebody will kill people not just because of video gaming. And if they ban video-games wouldn't us the consumers stand up against it. Even at the lives of others. People are already dieing for many reasons. Video-games are just a excuse so that anti-gaming activists can blame the consumers that they are the problem and that they should burn video games. I might know that some people may not agree with my examples and ideology. But that's my view of the situation on video-gaming mass murders.

The whole first part of that is wrong, games teaching people how to operate weapons. I've played dozens, hundreds of shooters probably... When I first picked up a .22 rifle during a rabbit hunt in Ireland with my dad and mom's cousin, I thought it'd be easy, just pull the bolt back, aim and shoot. That's the basics, but it takes more than 20 seconds to get to know how to work a weapon, whether or not you've played a game featuring that weapon. My point is, nobody, despite what you may so strongly think, can just pick up a weapon they've never handled except in a video game and shoot it with the precision of a professional. The point is, someone who plays video games has about the same amount of knowledge about weapons as a 50 year ok'd with no exposure to technology.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 01:20:33 AM »

The whole first part of that is wrong, games teaching people how to operate weapons. I've played dozens, hundreds of shooters probably... When I first picked up a .22 rifle during a rabbit hunt in Ireland with my dad and mom's cousin, I thought it'd be easy, just pull the bolt back, aim and shoot. That's the basics, but it takes more than 20 seconds to get to know how to work a weapon, whether or not you've played a game featuring that weapon. My point is, nobody, despite what you may so strongly think, can just pick up a weapon they've never handled except in a video game and shoot it with the precision of a professional. The point is, someone who plays video games has about the same amount of knowledge about weapons as a 50 year ok'd with no exposure to technology.
Not to mention people who tend to use video games to "Teach" them how to shoot, end up hurting them selves because they don't know how to operate the firearm, or how to manage the recoil.
I can tell you first hand that everything video games teach you about guns is wrong to a point.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »
Saying video games are the causes of this stuff is like saying guns are equally to blame. Video games don't exactly take your family hostage and make you commit massive atrocities.  Gun don't exactly walk around pulling their own triggers while aiming themselves at people. People who actually take video games to heart have some sort of mental disorder, whether they know it or not. For that much you may as well blame mass murder on TV shows as well instead of limiting the brunt of your horribly misplaced blame on something so simplistic and trivial as a damn object used for entertainment.  I don't exactly see shows like Revolution or The Walking Dead showering people with pixie dust and flowers. If anything those shows have 10x more violence and gun usage than most video games of today.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 08:16:17 AM »

Slow down here, slow down here. The restrictions to individuals in the country who are affected by gun laws atleast slows them down from getting a gun. Get what I mean? Anyways, you may aswell know that you are using many periods in your sentences so uhhhh... mind putting it in paragraphs?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal