Author Topic: Controlling DNA in animals?  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Controlling DNA in animals?
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:11:56 AM »
 Alright, today in science claas we leaning all about DNA and how it affects how something grows up and how it gives animals certain traits. I then went home to the Internet and stumbled upon something that was surprising. I read an article that said that all animals have DNA that can control other animals traits (such as gills, fur, wings etc.). What that means is that all mammals have the DNA of gills and wings and such, but those DNA strands are not "activated" so the animal does not keep those DNA traits. It also said that in the near future, scientists might be able to activate the DBA strands, so a certain animal can get a certain trait, not native to that animal. So yu can activate a wing DNA strand in a dog, and it will either grow wings, or mutate the animal too much and the animal will die.

Knowing the Internet, things can seem true, but is false. Do you think this is actually possible or not?

(BTW I am on my iPod writing all of this, so expect to see the mistakes above)

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Controlling DNA in animals?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 01:19:24 AM »
Even if this was possible the dog would realize it has grown wings and wouldn't know how the fuck to use them, it'd be really useless

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:22:14 AM »
Even if this was possible the dog would realize it has grown wings and wouldn't know how the fuck to use them, it'd be really useless

True, but over time in many generation, the wing DNA strand will be inherited by puppies ( or it will die off right their) and the offspring much later down the line will have a more understanding with wings and will most Lilly be able to use them correctly.

wait i dont get

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 01:47:10 AM »
dogs wont just sprout wings out of their ass complete with working bones and know how to use them

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 01:59:11 AM »
dogs wont just sprout wings out of their ass complete with working bones and know how to use them

I have to agree with raged. Even if you did somehow manage to ingrain the cardiovascular, skeletal, and nervous systems for a pair of wings on a dog, the dog will be still a dog, it will still have dog instincts and do what dogs do.

It's as deeply ingrained as instinct itself, as deep as our genetic hard coding to want to eat, fuck, and be merry.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »
I had a dream once that I was walking three cats on one leash and one of them grew wings and flew away. Completely serious. (sorry to derail)
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »
By inserting certain hormones and altering certain strands in DNA, you can completely fuck something up. If I could change 1 peice of code in your DNA, I could fuck your shit up.

But delivery, you need a way to get altered code to every part of the animal. That's simple, lace it with a virus, inject, wait.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 11:54:51 PM »
By inserting certain hormones and altering certain strands in DNA, you can completely fuck something up. If I could change 1 peice of code in your DNA, I could fuck your shit up.

But delivery, you need a way to get altered code to every part of the animal. That's simple, lace it with a virus, inject, wait.

The fuck. No dude. You don't insert hormones into DNA. That's.....like the most horrible aspect of just....no. Different strands though, I agree with you on that. And changing one strand of DNA anywhere will not completely "fuck you up". It will obviously alter things, but some things are not as serious as others.

You don't inject a virus into the DNA of an animal to alter it's DNA. It's exactly the opposite of what you just previously stated. I honestly hope you were joking.

But over generations, if the dogs with the winged strain do not die out, then it could be possible that they could develop wings. Though it would take more than our life time to fully develope.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:52:57 AM by Skrillex »

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 12:54:12 AM »
Bam, within a few hundred years, we got flying dogs ( or a few thousand years)

wait i dont get

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »
Bam, within a few hundred years, we got flying dogs ( or a few thousand years)

It has a possiblity of happenining. It won't be a definte situation.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 08:07:19 AM »
You clearly don't understand genetics. It's slow shit. Expensive and slow. It takes millions of years to naturally alter DNA, the results if we tried today would just kill the creature. I'm not against it but I class it in the area I class time-travel, ie: a long way away.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
Yeah I know we can grow ears and organs on animals and such, I don't know if/don't think we can put them to actual use yet but yeah, it's not like they know HOW to use the extra body parts, that sort of stuff would take thousands of years to even start to learn, but ya

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »
While yes, in the future, I'm sure artificial mutation and evolution will be possible I am very sure that scientists will do it purely for the sake of knowledge and understanding. Though whatever the case, a lot of the human population wouldn't like this kinda stuff, especially animal activists.  However, if only for the sake of understanding it's not a huge deal so long as they don't have project escapees or set them loose and fuck up the. Surrounding ecosystems and completely fuck biodiversity.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal